Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Anyone own a Waring Pro Vero Barista machine?
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Anyone own a...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
espressodemon

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Posted Tue Dec 17, 2013, 8:01pm
Subject: Anyone own a Waring Pro Vero Barista machine?

I saw this machine at Sams Club tonight for $212.   Visually, its an appealing machine and it seems to be built well.   When I came home, I started searching for reviews.  Not many exist, mainly just on Amazon.   This makes me suspect its just a "for show" machine that doesn't really perform well.  

Anyone here own one?  

Click Here (www.samsclub.com)

Click Here (www.waringpro.com)

Gaggia Classic, Capresso Infinity
 View Profile Link to this post
qualin
qualin
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Izzo Alex Duetto 3
Grinder: Mazzer Mini Elect. Type A
Vac Pot: Looking to buy
Drip: Manual
Roaster: Considering?
Posted Tue Dec 24, 2013, 3:01am
Subject: Re: Anyone own a Waring Pro Vero Barista machine?

I realize that your post is a week old and I apologize for not responding sooner.

I'm going to start out by saying that this is the wrong approach to buying an espresso machine.

I would agree that there are a lot of aspects of this machine which are "Just for show", like the temperature gauge on the top of the machine, which is nearly useless.
I'm afraid that I can't really say anything positive about it, but I can assure you that for $212, you'll just be wasting your money.

First of all, before you do ANYTHING, read this post:
"Please read before you post New Machine buying question."

Second, determine what the answers are to the questions which are asked on that forum thread, including determining what your budget should be.

Third, determine if you want to buy used or new equipment. It's better to start out buying used equipment if budget is a severe restriction.

Fourth, once you consider your espresso machine, unless you want to buy ESE pods, consider buying a coffee grinder to go with it. Not just any coffee grinder either. One which can grind fine enough and consistently enough for espresso.

Fifth, Please don't get sticker shock. You're not buying a toaster here. If you really truly want to make espresso, be prepared to spend as much as you would on a set of major appliances.

Sixth, If espresso is too expensive for you, consider buying a simple stovetop Moka Pot. They're fairly cheap and they make great strong coffee.

I'm going to say this again and again... Expect to spend at LEAST $1000 on a decent espresso setup that won't disappoint or frustrate you. (That's all in by the way.) Less if you buy used equipment.

I wish you the best of luck.

Garbage In, Garbage Out, for every step of the process. From Beans to grinder, grounds to machine, coffee to cup.
 View Profile Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Anyone own a...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.289985895157)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+