Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
S1 Dream by La Spaziale
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > S1 Dream by La...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 3 last page next page
Author Messages
Maotoying
Maotoying
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Spaziale Dream
Grinder: Mini Mazzer (man)
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Sat Nov 30, 2013, 5:20am
Subject: S1 Dream by La Spaziale

Could not locate commentary or reviews on this forum of the La Spaziale S1 Dream.  
I am considering a purchase of the dream machine and wanted some "feel good" about the decision before I yielded over my credit card number.

I was an early purchaser of the original La Spaziale S1 Vivaldi I.  I have been very satisfied with the Vivaldi.  Reviewing Chris Coffee yesterday I came across the "Dream" - the new feature list makes it seem to be a dream. I was looking over Chris' web page to contact them about maintenance regarding recent increased water in the tray. It came to mind, buy the Dream and sell the Vivaldi.

Where I am coming from: Before the Vivaldi, I owned a Giotto ECM for about five years and sold it to buy the Vivaldi. Dating from my Giotto era I have bought a Mini Mazer, and have burnt up many a popcorn popper roasting beans. Now I have a Behmor 1600.

Please share your knowledge on the above including URL where I can learn more. Have I missed posts here? I checked out S1cafe.com While there were reported software bugs in the early release of the Dream, appears that these issues have been corrected. Thoughts?

Many thanks
 View Profile Link to this post
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Sat Nov 30, 2013, 8:47am
Subject: Re: S1 Dream by La Spaziale

Chris has a good return policy, you could get it and try it side by side with your old machine for a week then return it if you are not happy with the new machine.   Then sell the old one after you decide to keep the new one.  I expect you will keep the new one.

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Maotoying
Maotoying

Posted Sat Nov 30, 2013, 10:42am

Coffeenoobie Said:

Chris has a good return policy, you could get it and try it side by side with your old machine for a week then return it if you are not happy with the new machine.   Then sell the old one after you decide to keep the new one.  I expect you will keep the new one.

Posted November 30, 2013 link

Agreed, Chris runs a good shop. Reason why I bought my Vivaldi I from him. I've received good service from his shop, so it is top on my list for a Vivaldi replacement.

Anyone here upgrade from a Vivaldi to a Dream?
Maotoying
Maotoying

Posted Tue Dec 3, 2013, 1:15pm

Ordered the S1 Dream from Chris - the plumbed in version, 20 Amp.
Will be selling my S1 Vivaldi I - a great espresso machine.
essjay22
essjay22

Espresso: S1 Dream La Spaz
Grinder: Macap Stepless doser
Vac Pot: bodum
Drip: Braun
Roaster: Intelligentsia
Posted Tue Dec 10, 2013, 2:21pm

You will not regret your decision. The new S1 really is a Dream and  it is such a huge upgrade over my old Vivaldi. Cant see me wanting any other machine after this one but I will get another grinder.
 View Profile Contact via ICQ Link to this post
Maotoying
Maotoying

Posted Tue Dec 24, 2013, 1:20pm

essjay22 Said:

You will not regret your decision. The new S1 really is a Dream and  it is such a huge upgrade over my old Vivaldi. Cant see me wanting any other machine after this one but I will get another grinder.

Posted December 10, 2013 link

It has now been a week with the Dream. I like my La Spaziale S1 V1. The Dream has more information feedback. Both good machines. So, I'll be selling my S1 V1.
SpaceTime

Espresso: 83 & 89 Cremina, 85 Coffex
Grinder: HG One, Pharos, LIDO
Drip: Freiling 33 & 44oz FP,...
Posted Tue Dec 24, 2013, 2:52pm

Maotoying Said:

It has now been a week with the Dream. I like my La Spaziale S1 V1. The Dream has more information feedback. Both good machines. So, I'll be selling my S1 V1.

Posted December 24, 2013 link

When you started your search, you noted in your original post that there was no feedback on this site for the Dream.  Then you get it, use it for a week, and all we get is "The Dream has more information feedback."?????

No wonder there is no feedback on this site on the Dream - and unless you give some, it will remain that way!!  :-)  

Come on, give us some detail!  Help the next guy out who does a search!!
Maotoying
Maotoying

Posted Tue Dec 24, 2013, 5:46pm

SpaceTime Said:

When you started your search, you noted in your original post that there was no feedback on this site for the Dream.  Then you get it, use it for a week, and all we get is "The Dream has more information feedback."?????

No wonder there is no feedback on this site on the Dream - and unless you give some, it will remain that way!!  :-)  

Come on, give us some detail!  Help the next guy out who does a search!!

Posted December 24, 2013 link

Coming. Focused on getting my Vivaldi 1 in perfect condition ready to ship to the right buyer.

Feedback is the key that differentiates the Dream and the V1 and V2. More on what I mean by feed back later.
SpaceTime

Espresso: 83 & 89 Cremina, 85 Coffex
Grinder: HG One, Pharos, LIDO
Drip: Freiling 33 & 44oz FP,...
Posted Wed Dec 25, 2013, 12:53pm

Cool, I am looking forward to your insights, analysis and comparison of the VI and the Dream - especially as an owner of both!!  Nothing beats first hand experience!!

I am doing my own analysis right now, and thinking very hard about getting a Mini Vivaldi.  I am sponging all the info and data I can as part of that analysis and decision.  I want this machine to be the last for 5-10 years, and heart set on a Double Boiler.

Thanks for being a good sport about my call-out / ribbing.... ;-)
ilcaffedio

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Astra G.A.
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Vac Pot: Yama
Drip: Chemex
Posted Wed Dec 25, 2013, 1:12pm

I'm interested to see how this goes.  The Spaziale looks good to me, my only reservation on them is the 53 mm portafilter, as opposed to 58 mm.
showing page 1 of 3 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > S1 Dream by La...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.409403085709)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+