Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Report back on the used Oscar
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Report back on...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
Author Messages
Tobb

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Wed Nov 13, 2013, 8:50pm
Subject: Re: Report back on the used Oscar

So you suggest I take a deep breath, relax, and wait. That is a tall order! haha.

Got my fingers crossed.
 View Profile Link to this post
plindy
plindy
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: NS Oscar
Grinder: SJ Pharos Lido HG-One
Posted Thu Nov 14, 2013, 2:07am

disassemble and clean 3way
plindy
plindy
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: NS Oscar
Grinder: SJ Pharos Lido HG-One
Posted Thu Nov 14, 2013, 2:37am

disassemble and clean 3way

and for extra credit  

pic 4 5 6

gluck
Tobb

Posted Thu Nov 14, 2013, 6:14am

The elektros page does not seem to come up here at work. I will check it from home. I will gladly check and clean anything that may help the machine function.

The idea of tearing down and trying to repair the pump sounds awesome! I almost took it out last night just to prep for the one in the mail. If it came out it would not have stayed together long.

Thanks Plindy! More things to keep me busy as I wait. I should have upped the shipping.

Dan
Tobb

Posted Thu Nov 14, 2013, 1:47pm

Disassembled, cleaned and reassembled the 3 way valve.

I failed at the pump rebuild. The motor that came on the Oscar does not have screws to remove the main cylinder from the center of the pump. I could only remove a stopper spring and rubber stop. The rest is stamped closed. I did get a chance to pump some water though. What I saw was extreme fluctuation in pressure. I am hoping with a new pump and the new valve I will have a working oscar.

This is so frustrating. I still believe this this was a barley used Oscar. I feel like this is damage from sitting. I keep cleaning everything but its already clean.

Anything else I can pull apart and put back together as I wait haha? And... would help my cause to get this running.

Dan
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Fri Nov 15, 2013, 7:28am

The parts you ordered will probably make your oscar fine.  If you are that antsy then you need to upgrade, see the link in my sig file.  There is over an hour of video that goes with that.

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Report back on...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.324019908905)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+