looper Senior Member Joined: 10 Nov 2013 Posts: 1 Location: California Expertise: Just starting
Posted Sun Nov 10, 2013, 11:10am Subject: Super Automatic Machine advice, replacing a Saeco Magic Deluxe
Hi. I have a Saeco Magic Deluxe, it's about 12 years old, and was refurb to begin with. It's starting to fail - espresso shots aren't hot, about a third of the time the shot is wasted (grind, tamp, dump with nothing produced - I don't know why this would happen). So I'm thinking it's time for a new machine.
I'm currently looking at the Saeco Intuita from Costco (on sale for $400 this week) or the Gaggia Syncrony Logic Rapid Steam from whole latte love, for $475 (no tax, so about the same price). I like the automatic milk frothing of the Syncrony, but whole latte love is selling a new "2013 model" that I can't find any information about online.
To answer the questions in the FAQ: 1) What kind of drinks do you like/want to make? - Espresso, Capuccino, Mocha, Americano
2) How many drinks, on average, do you see yourself needing to make at any one time? About 2 drinks at a time.
3) How many drinks, on average, do you see yourself making in any given week? (This will tell us what you need in terms of a machine's durability.) About 40 shots a week.
4) Can you plumb a machine directly into the water supply, or do you want/need a pour over machine with its own reservoir? Cannot plumb
5) Do you have a 20-amp circuit available, or only a (standard) 15-amp circuit? Standard only
6) What is your budget for a new machine? Does that also include a grinder? If not, what is your budget for a grinder? $500. Looking for a super-automatic.
7) Are you willing to buy used or do you need new equipment? Do you or family member have the skills to repair used equipment? New or refurb. No skills
8) Do you have the essential accessories (decent tamper, knockbox, the works), otherwise budget about $100 for these. N/A
Symbols: = New Posts since your last visit = No New Posts since last visit = Newest post
Forum Rules: No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards. No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum. No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek. No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum. Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards. Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics. Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies. Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies. Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts. Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.