Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Another DB Quickmill
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 135 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
DeanOK
DeanOK
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: QM Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Vario W
Posted Thu Oct 17, 2013, 6:01pm
Subject: Re: Another DB Quickmill

JaniceAnn Said:

$44 is what I am expecting too so I guess they will put it on My Rewards when the machine ships.

Thanks for the information about the steam cleaning brush.  I will just stick with the Coffeetools brush then.

Posted August 27, 2013 link

If you are still interested in the steam brush. CCS has it on sale. If your loyalty points are still available, you can get it pretty cheap.

BTW, I looked forever for who it was that was looking for the steam wand. This site you sure use a good upgrade with a better search.
 View Profile Link to this post
DavecUK

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Thu Oct 17, 2013, 7:44pm

pShoe Said:

Have anyone sourced a US seller for the 8mm soft group gasket that allows bulk purchases? Would anyone be interested in a group buy if we can make arrangements?

Posted October 17, 2013 link

What might be better though is to simply ask Chris Coffee to start providing bulk lots so you can change em much more often, like every 3-6 months. You won't have to lock it in as hard, it will feel nicer and you can be regularly dropping the shower screen every few days for cleaning. He might sell em for a lot less in packs of 10, but he will sell a lot more.  I cannot imagine his business lives or dies by the single group gasket most tightwads buy every couple of years, wondering why they have to chisel out their old gasket and their group points to the  right :-) (last bit i'm joking, but you get what I mean)
ee61
ee61

Posted Thu Oct 17, 2013, 8:44pm

I dont think "strapped to a pallet" is always enough theses days.. and I have a full five minutes of video proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzkWTcDZFH0#t=169
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
sharky
sharky

Espresso: QM Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Compak K3 Touch
Posted Sat Oct 26, 2013, 12:11pm

DavecUK Said:

What might be better though is to simply ask Chris Coffee to start providing bulk lots so you can change em much more often, like every 3-6 months. You won't have to lock it in as hard, it will feel nicer and you can be regularly dropping the shower screen every few days for cleaning. He might sell em for a lot less in packs of 10, but he will sell a lot more.  I cannot imagine his business lives or dies by the single group gasket most tightwads buy every couple of years, wondering why they have to chisel out their old gasket and their group points to the  right :-) (last bit i'm joking, but you get what I mean)

Posted October 17, 2013 link

DavecUK, I am loving the soft group gaskets on the Vetrano 2B!  I only need to turn it with one finger & it's tight enough to pull a shot!
Zevi

Espresso: Quick Mill Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Mon Oct 28, 2013, 7:07am

NOW it's a good morning!  A fine day is off to a good start... :-)  
Cheers!

Zevi: ExtractionLatte_SM.jpg
(Click for larger image)
Tonyv138

Espresso: V2B
Grinder: Mazzer SJ
Posted Tue Oct 29, 2013, 11:55am

Carlo, Zevi,
Did you figure out how to cure the "grrr" noise? I got that too yesterday and today, on fully preheated machine, in the middle of the day, after V2B was sitting hot and idle for few hours, and i decided to brew.

thanks
mas956

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Tue Oct 29, 2013, 12:49pm

Add me to the "Grrr" list as well.  It doesn't happen every time, but probably three out of five.  A little disturbing.
Zevi

Espresso: Quick Mill Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Tue Oct 29, 2013, 2:03pm

Either I'm not as sensitive or I may simply not have that noise. Or maybe something else in the basic setup affects what causes the noise.

These are my basic setup parameters:
  1. I'm using the tank (for now; pluming-in is planned...)
  2. I never get the water level below 1/2.
  3. I'm using a mix of (approx.) 50% RO water and 50% well water that is soften through a whole-house softener. Tested well below 3 grains.
  4. I only had my machine on for a full 12 hrs day maybe 2-3 times; it is usually on for 1-2 hrs in the morning and 2-4 in the evening.

Noises:
  1. Very rarely (I think if the machine was on for an extended period last night), when I turn it on in the morning the pump makes the same sound as when the machine was new (a bit higher pitch than normal). It does not last long.
  2. Mid-brew (quiet) noise - simply the noise that the pump makes as it drives the water through the puck (whisper-quiet compared to my older vibe-pump...)
  3. Mid-brew (loud) noise - sometimes if I pull the shot while steaming, the pump makes a louder noise (is it because it needs to fill 2 tanks at the same time?)
  4. Very rarely, a while after turning on the machine (but before it gets to full working temp.), I get this low-level rumbling noise (about the same level as the quiet mid-brew sound, but at a lower frequency). It seems to stay for a long time (I never really tried to wait until it went away on its own); when I lift the brew handle the noise stops.

Hope this helps.

PS: (a) I felt OK getting into this goofy description of noises only because this place is called "CoffeeGeeks"...
     (b) I skipped the details of other noises (mostly human-generated) that are closely associated with how well (or not...) the shots/drinks came out...  :-)
CarloM

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Vetrano V2B
Grinder: Mazzer Mini-E Type A, SJ...
Drip: Toddy
Posted Tue Oct 29, 2013, 3:39pm

Tony, mas, Zevi,

I'm still getting the GRRRR cavitation sound. About the same % as Tony, maybe 3 in 5. Not all the time, but a little more than half. Wonder if this is a point of concern. DavecUK does yours do that sound?

And for the first time it happened when I accidentally left the machine on after use. So I used it at 8am. Thought I turned it off, showered, dressed, came out at 9am and saw it was still on, so I pulled the lever up just to see and it made the GRRR sound.
DavecUK

Posted Wed Oct 30, 2013, 5:59am

CarloM Said:

Tony, mas, Zevi,

I'm still getting the GRRRR cavitation sound. About the same % as Tony, maybe 3 in 5. Not all the time, but a little more than half. Wonder if this is a point of concern. DavecUK does yours do that sound?

And for the first time it happened when I accidentally left the machine on after use. So I used it at 8am. Thought I turned it off, showered, dressed, came out at 9am and saw it was still on, so I pulled the lever up just to see and it made the GRRR sound.

Posted October 29, 2013 link

No I don't get the sound at all, did not on either machine. I use treated RO water though and have removed all inlet tube restrictions (although it's fair to say I didn't get the sound before)...

I am trying to think what it could be.
showing page 135 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.436008930206)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+