Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
specific hazards of breville dual boiler
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > specific hazards...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 6 of 6 first page previous page
Author Messages
Boz

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Isomac Venus, La Pavoni Eur,...
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky
Posted Sun Oct 27, 2013, 10:45am
Subject: Re: specific hazards of breville dual boiler

I have repaired Brevilles for 4 years; not a high opinion of them, BUT for the price...idk.
I dislike pressurized brewing filters and really dislike using aluminum t-blocks to brew with real filter baskets.
None of which really applies to the dbl boiler.

I've repaired 3
1st thought-I doubt the regular assembly center is making them

2nd thought- just like the 800EXXL and BES8XX machines; solenoid issues.
The 8XX models have riton (sp?) plastic connectors on the solenoids, and water freely flows to and from them from the t-block, making it effectively part of the boiler system (AND the line are not insulated!!). So the fail, snap, and there is my most common 8XX Breville repairs.
Not having learned about heat, the dbl boiler has a brew solenoid at the group, which has (wait for it...)
EPDM o rings, that come with the solenoid.
All three I have serviced had these melt away and jam up the solenoid on two occasions, and the other some how some EPDM debris made it up and out the line to the brew pressure gauge, giving the customer no end of anxiety.

They can rock fairly well, but I don't feel the materials make it a good 10+ year machine.
 View Profile Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Link to this post
canuckcoffeeguy
canuckcoffeeguy
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Bezzera Magica, Mypressi...
Grinder: K10PB, Vario, Hario Slim
Vac Pot: I have a Dyson vacuum, but,...
Drip: Bialetti Brikka, Bodum...
Posted Fri Dec 13, 2013, 6:12am
Subject: Re: specific hazards of breville dual boiler

Friendlyfoe, did you end up buying a machine? You mentioned you were seriously looking at I drink coffee for a setup. Curious if you made the jump yet.
 View Profile Link to this post
showing page 6 of 6 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > specific hazards...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Don't suffer bad espresso
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, VBM, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.320429086685)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+