Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
specific hazards of breville dual boiler
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > specific hazards...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 4 of 6 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
friendlyfoe

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Fri Oct 25, 2013, 11:05am
Subject: Re: specific hazards of breville dual boiler

Associated cost of buying a pump system?

Thoughts on the bezzera bz02s? (1st-line points out that "This machine has some of the same components as the Pasquini Livia 90 espresso machine. In fact, we confirmed that the Pasquini Livia 90 is made at the bezzera factory. The boiler, grouphead, brain unit, and relay are identical. ")

I still would need to find out if there is duty on an italian product crossing the canadian border. I made that mistake on an expensive purchase bought from the us but originally out of japan, got hit with 30 percent duty as it qualified as a textile!
 View Profile Link to this post
jwoodyu
jwoodyu
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Allex Duetto II
Grinder: Mazzer Major
Posted Fri Oct 25, 2013, 11:32am

friendlyfoe Said:

Associated cost of buying a pump system?

Posted October 25, 2013 link

$125 for the pump example
$10 fittings
$20 for two 5 gallon carboys to start you off
$50 small accumulator example

I have nothing to do with ebay vendors just samples.

Yes i have a reason for leaving SCG off my list, yes it is my opinion, yes it is subjective as opinions are by definition, no don't start a flame war because you disagree.
Markarian
Markarian
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: ECM Technika IV Profi WT-WC
Grinder: Baratza Forte AP, HG One
Vac Pot: Bunn Trifecta MB
Drip: Moka, Aeropress, Hario V60
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Fri Oct 25, 2013, 12:17pm

I don't think I have ever seen a post from someone with a BZ02S, but it certainly looks fascinating on paper. However, the cost of getting it plumbed in is going to bring you right up to the cost of the BZ07, which already has a tank. The BZ02 is a rare beast in the wild, but FWIW, I'm reading it's the venerable old Pasquini Livia 90 in a different shell.
MerleApAmber

Espresso: Breville BES900
Grinder: Baratza Preciso + Esatto
Vac Pot: Yuma
Drip: bah-humbug
Roaster: Hot Top 2K P
Posted Fri Oct 25, 2013, 12:47pm

</sighs... goes back to drinking coffee...
friendlyfoe

Posted Fri Oct 25, 2013, 9:45pm

Markarian Said:

I don't think I have ever seen a post from someone with a BZ02S, but it certainly looks fascinating on paper. However, the cost of getting it plumbed in is going to bring you right up to the cost of the BZ07, which already has a tank. The BZ02 is a rare beast in the wild, but FWIW, I'm reading it's the venerable old Pasquini Livia 90 in a different shell.

Has pasquini always been the same company as bezzera? or did bezzera buy them?

It appears the Bz07 is basically the same machine as well from the write up on 1st line, and is only 100 bucks more. I can get that machine locally 1300 plus tax. Or i can get the bz10p for 1400 plus tax. OR if i'm already spending 1400 the QM anita is only 300 bucks more. It's pretty easy to hit the 2 grand mark and seems stupid to spend 1300 on something i wont quite be happy with. I'm comfortable spending 1200-1300 right now but anything more than that feels like i'm spending way too much money on what at the end of the day, brace yourselves, is just coffee.

That being said i'm very good at justifying spending a lot of money on something if i know it's going to last me a very very very long time. Why spend 1000 on a BDB that might last me 5 years (my biggest concern is honestly their stainless boilers. Copper wont rust but stainless can, and what are the odd's that after 5 years there is rust in the boiler???) when i can spend 2000 on something that would last me 20.

I'm also the worst for suffering buyers remorse, so i'm going to drag this out until i figure out something i'm happy with the idea of for a few weeks without changing my mind. Pretty sure i'm over the BDB, at the end of the day it's still a lot of money and they probably dont even sell new boiler units for them. You most likely would have to let them service it, which is obnoxious.
Iluvdabean
Iluvdabean

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra/Gaggia...
Grinder: Baratza Preciso/K-A Pro...
Drip: Bonavita BV 1800 TH
Roaster: Nesco 1010/Behmor 1600
Posted Sat Oct 26, 2013, 7:17am

If your having this much difficulty in your decision have you ever just thought maybe this journey isnt for you.  You admit your unsure of your thoughts,your a newb and you suffer from extreme buyers remorse at times.
I mean getting a good machine ,getting the right beans and learning the routine,then making coffee every morning is one thing but its fueled from passion. It takes a love for it. I was so anxious I bought the wrong machine on my first attempt.
It was a Breville ESXL 800 and I spent a week with it trying to make espresso. My wife and kids were all watching and waiting each morning. I was getting this foam stuff from the PPF and from correct tamping I got the PPF
plugged. I used their little tool they give you to unplug it to no avail. I got the garden hose outside and used my thumb under full pressure to try to get it free to no avail. I came here and read and asked people. They got me fixed up
and gave me the ball and I ran with it. Gaggia Classic/MDF now go.... and boy howdy did I. Five years worth of everyday and now my daughter is using the same equipment everyday.  I bought her all the add ons and told her how to clean it.
I finally wanted more and a great deal came along for the La Nuova Era Cuadra E-61 HX machine and Im in heaven with it. It does everything I need well. I guess what Im trying to say is my passion exceeded my knowledge but the reverse is just as bad ,your head knowledge can exceed your passion. I feel espresso is a journey,its like cooking...its for me a heart thing. I had to temper my zeal with wisdom and did. In the end though its not a total knowledge formula looks good on paper thing...you just have to go for it. The
majority of the mainstream people here with time know there stuff, trust them.
They have paid some of the dues so you dont have to. Sabe

friendlyfoe Said:

Has pasquini always been the same company as bezzera? or did bezzera buy them?

It appears the Bz07 is basically the same machine as well from the write up on 1st line, and is only 100 bucks more. I can get that machine locally 1300 plus tax. Or i can get the bz10p for 1400 plus tax. OR if i'm already spending 1400 the QM anita is only 300 bucks more. It's pretty easy to hit the 2 grand mark and seems stupid to spend 1300 on something i wont quite be happy with. I'm comfortable spending 1200-1300 right now but anything more than that feels like i'm spending way too much money on what at the end of the day, brace yourselves, is just coffee.

That being said i'm very good at justifying spending a lot of money on something if i know it's going to last me a very very very long time. Why spend 1000 on a BDB that might last me 5 years (my biggest concern is honestly their stainless boilers. Copper wont rust but stainless can, and what are the odd's that after 5 years there is rust in the boiler???) when i can spend 2000 on something that would last me 20.

I'm also the worst for suffering buyers remorse, so i'm going to drag this out until i figure out something i'm happy with the idea of for a few weeks without changing my mind. Pretty sure i'm over the BDB, at the end of the day it's still a lot of money and they probably dont even sell new boiler units for them. You most likely would have to let them service it, which is obnoxious.

View Profile Contact via ICQ Link to this post
friendlyfoe

Posted Sat Oct 26, 2013, 7:59am

Iluvdabean Said:

If your having this much difficulty in your decision have you ever just thought maybe this journey isnt for you.

Posted October 26, 2013 link

No, not even a little bit. What i want just slightly exceeds what i'm willing to spend. If i came across any particularly good deal for an e61 hx machine with a water spout i'd probably jump right on it. I almost talked myself into a Bezzera Magica last night. If im going to spend 1300 on a bz07p i might as well spend 1600 and get the magica. At some point i'll probably just go to i drink coffee, close my eyes and hand them my credit card.
Iluvdabean
Iluvdabean

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra/Gaggia...
Grinder: Baratza Preciso/K-A Pro...
Drip: Bonavita BV 1800 TH
Roaster: Nesco 1010/Behmor 1600
Posted Sat Oct 26, 2013, 8:28am

Go get em tiger! Get a good grinder too. You can be making coffee for your friends tonight. Beautiful machine.

friendlyfoe Said:

No, not even a little bit. What i want just slightly exceeds what i'm willing to spend. If i came across any particularly good deal for an e61 hx machine with a water spout i'd probably jump right on it. I almost talked myself into a Bezzera Magica last night. If im going to spend 1300 on a bz07p i might as well spend 1600 and get the magica. At some point i'll probably just go to i drink coffee, close my eyes and hand them my credit card.

Iluvdabean: 49-big-bezzera-magica-fronte-WEB.jpg
(Click for larger image)
 View Profile Contact via ICQ Link to this post
uscfroadie
uscfroadie
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: GS/3 Strada MP, BDB; owned...
Grinder: Forte, Zass and PeDe hand...
Vac Pot: Nope
Drip: Nope
Roaster: owned Behmor
Posted Sat Oct 26, 2013, 8:47am

friendlyfoe Said:

At some point i'll probably just go to i drink coffee, close my eyes and hand them my credit card.

If I had a retailer anywhere within a 5-hour radius of me when I was looking for a new machine or grinder (or both), I'd be in my car so fast and heading in that direction.  You can read about these all you want, but the value in seeing and using them in the flesh with a staff there to talk to you and answer any questions you may have is invaluable.  I wish I would have had this luxury available when I started my espresso journey nearly 7 years ago.

If iDrinkCoffee is close to you and they have machines on display for use, I HIGHLY recommend you visit them before you purchase anything.
friendlyfoe

Posted Sat Oct 26, 2013, 9:19am

uscfroadie Said:

If iDrinkCoffee is close to you and they have machines on display for use, I HIGHLY recommend you visit them before you purchase anything.

The problem with that is i hate feeling on the spot when making a purchase decision. While i will most certainly go in person to buy (i could practically walk there ;) ) I'd like to fully consider my options and make sure i understand the differences in machines.

i'm going to start a new thread, i think we're done talking about the BDB!
showing page 4 of 6 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > specific hazards...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.498080968857)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+