Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
CC1 owners...what P9 offset value?
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > CC1...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
Author Messages
DeanOK
DeanOK
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: QM Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Vario W
Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013, 4:39am
Subject: CC1 owners...what P9 offset value?

My CC is set to 0 on P9. I don't know if this is the value that came from the factory or if it has inadvertently been changed.

I was reading in another forum where a guy had set his to 10. 10 looks pretty close when I check my CC1 with my home made scace type temperature device.  MY CC1 definitely runs a lot colder than my V2B when checked with the same device.
 View Profile Link to this post
CMIN

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013, 5:53am
Subject: Re: CC1 owners...what P9 offset value?

Mine said -1
DeanOK
DeanOK

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013, 6:00am

Actually, the guy in the other forum stated his was -10. He scaced his to get that number. From what I can see of my own numbers, mine probably needs to be turned to a higher temp, so I guess I need to input a negative number. I am going to do some more testing before I make up my mind what the number should be.
CMIN

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013, 6:07am

I can't remember but what did P9 do, thinking it was for overshooting but having a brain fart
DeanOK
DeanOK

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013, 6:46am

CMIN Said:

I can't remember but what did P9 do, thinking it was for overshooting but having a brain fart

Posted September 11, 2013 link

P9 is the temperature offset.
DeanOK
DeanOK

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013, 5:09am

I ended up setting P9 to -12 for my CC1 V1 machine... but there is more to it than that.

You must pull a 2 oz warm up (you don't need PF in place) immediately before your first shot.... then your actual pull will be within a degree or so of set point for a 2 oz shot. I have not tested a subsequent shot right after... but I will try to do that by the weekend. Also, the machine needs a good 45 minute warm up.

The bad part is I have owned the machine for over 10 months.. I usually did a warm up shot, but I have no clue if the offset has been at 0 all that time or not. I guess that explains why the V2B blew me away when I set it on the counter. My goal is to get my CC1 pulling shots as close to the V2B as possible. I haven't actually pulled a shot with the new settings, but I can almost guarantee you there will be a significant improvement. With the scenario above, I can get brew head water temp almost identical to those on the V2B.
DeanOK
DeanOK

Posted Sun Sep 15, 2013, 5:25pm

Sorry to shamelessly bump this thread but surely someone else knows what their P9 value is set to???  I am interested to know what the default was on the CC1 machines that were shipped out.
DeanOK
DeanOK

Posted Mon Sep 16, 2013, 6:02pm

Well, I guess all of you CC1 owners are going to keep the factory setting of P9 parameter a secret... but from everything I have read and my own tests, it should be between -10 and -12 degrees. Since mine was at 0, I am going to assume that I inadvertently changed it at some time when I was programming my brew menus... so a big ole mistake on my part.
CMIN

Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013, 4:13am

I put mine to -11 to play with, we shall see.
Rahndci
Rahndci
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: CC1
Grinder: Presico
Vac Pot: Yama
Drip: Technivorm
Roaster: Poppery ll
Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013, 7:56am

My CC1 v1 came with P9 = 0
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > CC1...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Great Espresso at Home
Curated selection of the best machines from La Spaziale, Izzo, Quick Mill, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.386547088623)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+