Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Question about Rocket Cellini
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Question about...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
dsblv

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Rocket Giotto Evoluzione
Grinder: MACAP MC4
Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013, 8:31pm
Subject: Re: Question about Rocket Cellini

I have a Rocket Giotto Evoluzione and it has the exact same gasket as your machine.  If you're not going to be happy with your machine, perhaps you should return it.
 View Profile Link to this post
Will_H

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Linea Single Group Rebuild...
Grinder: Mazzer Mini
Vac Pot: Yama
Posted Thu Aug 29, 2013, 6:46pm

kimbo5 Said:

This is ok for me. What worries me more is why was the sticker: "caution hot surface"missing? normally this is located on the top of E61 grouphead. not that i care about a sticker, but it just makes me think that smb else might have returned this machine.

Posted August 28, 2013 link

I don't know who you bought from, but it seems unlikely a reputable vendor would ship a used machine as new.  Is the sticker the only thing in question?  Do you know for certain that all new Cellini's have such a sticker?  I recall my Alex having one, but don't recall on the Quickmill.  

kimbo5 Said:

and what is this paper in between the grouphead and the body of the machine? I went over my friends house that has a rocket giotto and this paper was not on hers.

what is this and what is the purpose? I know it is supposed to be a gasket oil paper in between but I dont think its supposed to look that thick.

Any idea?

Posted August 28, 2013 link

The gaskets are made from various materials, and yours is normal.  Since the grouphead works off of a thermosyphon (and not direct boiler contact), this gasket isolates it from what is essentially a huge heat sink being the front panel that would suck heat away from the group.  Gaskets are made by many manufacturers and I am sure manufactures change there suppliers over time given prices.  I would not at all be concerned.
kimbo5

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Fri Aug 30, 2013, 5:35am

thx for all your replies. I talked to the vendor and they reassured the machine was not previously used by other customers, they just tested the machine before shipping it. I trust them, have no doubts.

so this morning I sat down and just enjoyed my espresso and paid no attentions to stickers or other :) Coffee was so good and ready to start the day!

Love the Cellini
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Question about...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.399066925049)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+