Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Another DB Quickmill
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 100 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
DeanOK
DeanOK
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: QM Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Vario W
Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013, 5:27pm
Subject: Re: Another DB Quickmill

JaniceAnn Said:

I will do that, Dean.  Thanks for the information.

May I ask, did you sign up for the My Rewards and, if so, have you been credited yet?  I am going to use mine towards cleaning products, a tamping mat and a knock box.  I will have to make do until they arrive but I shouldn't need the backflush detergent and grinder cleaner right away.  I am getting one of the Coffeetools brushes but the machine comes with a little group brush so I can use that until I get the other one.  I am mainly getting it because it has the ribs which are supposed to keep you from getting burned by the hot water and it has replaceable bristles, a measuring spoon and a little metal rod for the steam tip.  I can use a folded towel for a temporary tamping mat and knock the grounds into a large margarine tub.  I am sure the knock box is going to be a lot better though.

I would love to get the steam cleaning brush but I will have to save up for that.

Does anyone have one of those and, if so, how do you like it?  Do you think it was worth the price?

Posted August 27, 2013 link

I don't remember signing up for rewards but I just looked and it says I have about $44.00 of rewards points.

As for the steam cleaning brush I asked about it in a different thread and was told it was not worth it... but I guess that is always subject to your own expectations.

I don't have an immediate use for the rewards bucks... If I ever go back to using a spouted portafilter, I would like to have a Cafelat Tamping Stand. I am not sure I will ever quit using the naked PF though... I have about evolved to the point to where I rarely make a mess with the naked PF. I might need a bigger pitcher though with the triple basket I ordered with the machine...we will see.

Edit: Another reason I like the naked PF is it gives me more room for my cup and scale.
 View Profile Link to this post
JaniceAnn

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013, 5:33pm

DeanOK Said:

I don't remember signing up for rewards but I just looked and it says I have about $44.00 of rewards points.

As for the steam cleaning brush I asked about it in a different thread and was told it was not worth it... but I guess that is always subject to your own expectations.

I don't have an immediate use for the rewards bucks... If I ever go back to using a spouted portafilter, I would like to have a Cafelat Tamping Stand. I am not sure I will ever quit using the naked PF though... I have about evolved to the point to where I rarely make a mess with the naked PF. I might need a bigger pitcher though with the triple basket I ordered with the machine...we will see.

Edit: Another reason I like the naked PF is it gives me more room for my cup and scale.

$44 is what I am expecting too so I guess they will put it on My Rewards when the machine ships.

Thanks for the information about the steam cleaning brush.  I will just stick with the Coffeetools brush then.
DeanOK
DeanOK

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013, 5:51pm

JaniceAnn Said:

$44 is what I am expecting too so I guess they will put it on My Rewards when the machine ships.

Thanks for the information about the steam cleaning brush.  I will just stick with the Coffeetools brush then.

Yes, it plainly states on the rewards page that you will not receive the reward points until the item has shipped.
JaniceAnn

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013, 5:57pm

DeanOK Said:

Yes, it plainly states on the rewards page that you will not receive the reward points until the item has shipped.

Different places seem to have different takes on when something has shipped.  To me it has shipped when the item is in the hands of the shipper but QVC considers an item shipped when they have printed a label for it.  It usually ships by the next day in any case.
CarloM

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Vetrano V2B
Grinder: Mazzer Mini-E Type A, SJ...
Drip: Toddy
Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013, 8:10pm

For those interested, CCS has put up the downloadable PDF for the V2B. It's under the new "resources" tab on the product page, which wasn't there earlier. Will make for good reading material while waiting for our machines. ;)
DeanOK
DeanOK

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013, 8:35pm

CarloM Said:

For those interested, CCS has put up the downloadable PDF for the V2B. It's under the new "resources" tab on the product page, which wasn't there earlier. Will make for good reading material while waiting for our machines. ;)

If you are like me, and could not get their original link to work try the one below:
Click Here (chriscoffee.com)
DeanOK
DeanOK

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013, 8:43pm

Surely the 27 offset that is listed in the manual is not correct. If it is, I certainly do not understand this function. Maybe 2.7 degrees F ?
mas956

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013, 10:46pm

JaniceAnn Said:

My machine was supposed to ship out yesterday but it didn't.  I guess the shipping department got overwhelmed.
I just went on to the UPS website and did a Reference Tracking usingthe order number.  It gave me a tracking number showing that a label has been printed so it may be going out tonight.

@JaniceAnn - Don't feel singled out - I, too, was rewarded for my early payment with late (as promised) shipment.  I guess the greasy wheel really DOES need  
more squeak....  That'll teach us.
JaniceAnn

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013, 12:43am

mas956 Said:

@JaniceAnn - Don't feel singled out - I, too, was rewarded for my early payment with late (as promised) shipment.  I guess the greasy wheel really DOES need  
more squeak....  That'll teach us.

My machine did ship yesterday (Tuesday) and I should have it on Thursday.  

I am just waiting now for the points to be put on My Rewards so I can order my accessories.

Hope yours ships soon.
DavecUK

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013, 4:22am

DeanOK Said:

Surely the 27 offset that is listed in the manual is not correct. If it is, I certainly do not understand this function. Maybe 2.7 degrees F ?

The offset or E1 value on the PID should be set to 11C  (19 or 20F)....the value you are quoting is not correct for the offset value E1. This parameter allows for the change in temperature of brew water on it's journey from boiler to coffee puck. The boiler water is kept at a higher temperature e.g. 104C, for a brew temperature at the puck of 93C.  Rather than 104C appearing on the display, it means the brew temperature of 34C (104 offset by 11C), can be displayed instead, to avoid the need or you to mentally deduct 11C each time you look at the display.

I think Rocket R58 supplied a conversion chart for their owners to use as their PID had no offset function...
showing page 100 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.490576982498)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+