Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Another DB Quickmill
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 99 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
gz20tt

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic
Grinder: Mazzer Super Jolly
Vac Pot: Bodum
Posted Mon Aug 26, 2013, 4:28pm
Subject: Re: Another DB Quickmill

CarloM Said:

Dave - the way you Europeans write your dates makes my eyes hurt! :D

BTW - glad we all got the pre-order price. V2B now $2295 on CCS site.

Posted August 26, 2013 link

Looks perfectly fine to me.
Logical too - Day, Month, Year in ascending order.
:)

@Dave - one of the few things here in the Antipodes that we actually agree with from the Mother country :) :)
Now - about that Stuart Broad thing ........
 View Profile Link to this post
DavecUK

Posted Mon Aug 26, 2013, 7:42pm

gz20tt Said:

Looks perfectly fine to me.
Logical too - Day, Month, Year in ascending order.
:)

@Dave - one of the few things here in the Antipodes that we actually agree with from the Mother country :) :)
Now - about that Stuart Broad thing ........

Well you also drive on the correct side of the road as well.....Stuart Broad, looked him up..hmm, can't comment as I hate cricket, but if we judge by appearances (shallow of me I know)....he deserved everything he got (apart from the apology).

Now I looked again at this thread and it's nearly 100 pages and none of the USA people actually have a machine yet.....just think of the posts once they get delivered!
DeanOK
DeanOK
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: QM Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Vario W
Posted Mon Aug 26, 2013, 8:01pm

DavecUK Said:

....Now I looked again at this thread and it's nearly 100 pages and none of the USA people actually have a machine yet.....just think of the posts once they get delivered!

Takes a lot of chatter for us to get past indecisiveness.... but we are soon to conquer that. UPS is say'n Friday for me. By then, I will certainly be reading all of the "new machine how to" questions on Coffee Geek. Stand by... I am sure you will be needed!!!
DavecUK

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013, 3:52am

DeanOK Said:

Takes a lot of chatter for us to get past indecisiveness.... but we are soon to conquer that. UPS is say'n Friday for me. By then, I will certainly be reading all of the "new machine how to" questions on Coffee Geek. Stand by... I am sure you will be needed!!!

I suppose in a way I am very lucky, I get to test all these new prosumer machines and if I really really like one, can decide to keep it. Makes it a lot easier to make the decision, especially as I can compare and contrast to the 40 or so machines I have reviewed in the past and the other 3 I own..
CarloM

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Vetrano V2B
Grinder: Mazzer Mini-E Type A, SJ...
Drip: Toddy
Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013, 10:43am

DavecUK Said:

I suppose in a way I am very lucky, I get to test all these new prosumer machines and if I really really like one, can decide to keep it. Makes it a lot easier to make the decision, especially as I can compare and contrast to the 40 or so machines I have reviewed in the past and the other 3 I own..

Posted August 27, 2013 link

Sure Dave, just rub our faces in it... ;)

Seriously, you are a very appreciated resource on this forum. I've learned quite a bit from reading your thoughts, insight and advice in this and other threads. I do hope to lean on you as a resource as I start learning my first "real, serious" espresso machine. You've been invaluable so far, and I've never felt more comfortable dropping $2K on a luxury item as I have on this purchase, largely based on your (and Chris's) testimony. Quick Mill should definitely engage you in building their next-gen machine...but hopefully not too soon. Let us all enjoy our V2Bs for many years before creating the next "latest and greatest" thing. :D
IMAWriter
IMAWriter

Espresso: Bezzera Strega
Grinder: Forte, OE Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Adcraft SS, Yama 8 cup
Drip: Brazen, Kalita, Chemex,...
Roaster: Behmor 1600, CO/UFO combo
Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013, 11:17am

CarloM Said:

I believe earlier in this thread it was mentioned that Quick Mill does take a portion of August off. However CCS got 60 V2B in this shipment and at the time they were received they were not all spoken for (though they may be now). So everyone with a preorder should not be affected by the QM August closure.

On a side note, my credit card now shows a charge, not an authorization, so I'm hoping mine ships out early this week!

Posted August 25, 2013 link

Thanks.
Hopefully you get yours ASAP.
Wow, 60 machines. Buying power. 8 cans of tuna at one time is about where I am these days.
Hope all of you enjoy the heck out of your new toy!

Rob J (LMWDP #187)
My Music Production web site:
www.robertjason.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
JaniceAnn

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013, 2:36pm

My machine was supposed to ship out yesterday but it didn't.  I guess the shipping department got overwhelmed.

I just went on to the UPS website and did a Reference Tracking using the order number.  It gave me a tracking number showing that a label has been printed so it may be going out tonight.
DeanOK
DeanOK
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: QM Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Vario W
Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013, 4:05pm

JaniceAnn Said:

My machine was supposed to ship out yesterday but it didn't.  I guess the shipping department got overwhelmed.

I just went on to the UPS website and did a Reference Tracking using the order number.  It gave me a tracking number showing that a label has been printed so it may be going out tonight.

Check UPS tracking after 9pm or so eastern time tonight. Mine didn't start showing in the UPS system until very late last night and mine was shipped yesterday. Yours may have shipped today. In fact, I would bet that it did.
JaniceAnn

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013, 4:37pm

DeanOK Said:

Check UPS tracking after 9pm or so eastern time tonight. Mine didn't start showing in the UPS system until very late last night and mine was shipped yesterday. Yours may have shipped today. In fact, I would bet that it did.

I will do that, Dean.  Thanks for the information.

May I ask, did you sign up for the My Rewards and, if so, have you been credited yet?  I am going to use mine towards cleaning products, a tamping mat and a knock box.  I will have to make do until they arrive but I shouldn't need the backflush detergent and grinder cleaner right away.  I am getting one of the Coffeetools brushes but the machine comes with a little group brush so I can use that until I get the other one.  I am mainly getting it because it has the ribs which are supposed to keep you from getting burned by the hot water and it has replaceable bristles, a measuring spoon and a little metal rod for the steam tip.  I can use a folded towel for a temporary tamping mat and knock the grounds into a large margarine tub.  I am sure the knock box is going to be a lot better though.

I would love to get the steam cleaning brush but I will have to save up for that.

Does anyone have one of those and, if so, how do you like it?  Do you think it was worth the price?
CarloM

Espresso: Vetrano V2B
Grinder: Mazzer Mini-E Type A, SJ...
Drip: Toddy
Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013, 5:09pm

Well at least yours shipped. Mine is still processing. Hopefully tomorrow. :(
showing page 99 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.473145008087)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+