Espresso: Espresso Machines
help ID my old Bezzera machine
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > help ID my old...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
Promo_Jake

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Sat Aug 10, 2013, 5:22am
Subject: help ID my old Bezzera machine

Does anyone know what machine this is? i cannot find a machine like it online, it is about 20-25 years old. Still running well, but I would like to know what it is in case I have some problems.
Thanks

Promo_Jake: photo (15).JPG
(Click for larger image)
 View Profile Link to this post
coffee_no_sugar

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: pavoni pub, brasilia club
Grinder: mazzer sj, mdf, infinity
Drip: melitta clarity
Roaster: popcorn
Posted Sat Aug 10, 2013, 7:51am
Subject: Re: help ID my old Bezzera machine

Hey, that looks like my machine.   The ebay seller called it an Bezzera Office and it is a rebadged Brasilia Club.  Gaskets, o-rings etc are available from 3rd parties.  Parts may be listed under Brasilia Lady which is like the Club but with a different case.
Promo_Jake

Posted Sat Aug 10, 2013, 10:07am

Thank you, that is really helpful. What size tamper do I need? This machine has not been serviced in years, what should I do to maintain it?
coffee_no_sugar

Posted Sun Aug 11, 2013, 4:29am

Your machine will use a commercial Brasilia portafilter so the tamper size chart is 58mm.  But who knows whether your 25+ year old machine has its original basket.  It could easily have been replaced by a 57mm basket.

As for servicing, make sure you change the group gasket, descale and backflush. When I got my Bezzera, it was non-functional because the previous owner had never backflushed and the passages in the group were clogged with coffee gunk.  I had to use a paper clip to open up the passages.
Promo_Jake

Posted Sat Aug 17, 2013, 7:45am

coffee_no_sugar Said:

Your machine will use a commercial Brasilia portafilter so the tamper size chart is 58mm.  But who knows whether your 25+ year old machine has its original basket.  It could easily have been replaced by a 57mm basket.

As for servicing, make sure you change the group gasket, descale and backflush. When I got my Bezzera, it was non-functional because the previous owner had never backflushed and the passages in the group were clogged with coffee gunk.  I had to use a paper clip to open up the passages.

Posted August 11, 2013 link

when I do the backflush, is the water supposed to come out while the brew button is depressed, or only after it is released? i do not think this machine has ever been backflushed and when i did it the water only came out after I released the brew button. I am wondering if things are clogged up. If they are clogged, what is the best approach for opening up the passages?
coffee_no_sugar

Posted Mon Aug 19, 2013, 8:39am

Machine sounds good but perhaps dirty.  If you are doing a backflush, the water comes out after you release the brew button.  If things get clogged up, you'll know.  (Water won't make it into the portafilter or coffee grounds will be super wet after brewing your morning espresso.)

If the machine hasn't been backflushed for a long time, you might consider the other routine maintenance items such as cleaning the group, replacing the group gasket, washing the water tank and descaling.
Promo_Jake

Posted Tue Aug 20, 2013, 2:22am

Thank you so much for your help. I have cleaned my machine, descaled it, backflushed and replaced the group gasket. But I am still having a problem with thin and sour espresso *underextraction*? My tamper is small, it is about 40cm for a 58cm space, could this be the culprit? or should I be trying to solve this another way? The espresso comes out fast.
coffee_no_sugar

Posted Tue Aug 20, 2013, 8:01pm

You have a good machine that is capable of very good espresso.  However, it is not as forgiving as your typical HX and you will have to up your game before you get the good stuff consistently.

Getting a better fitting tamper will help.  Probably won't solve all your problems.   I found that upping my game involved more than new gear.
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > help ID my old...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.357051134109)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+