Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Another DB Quickmill
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 52 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
CSME9
CSME9
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Bezzera Mitica Top, Spaz...
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky
Drip: Moka Pot
Roaster: BBQ Roaster
Posted Mon Jul 22, 2013, 10:39am
Subject: Re: Another DB Quickmill

DavecUK Said:

If you are talkking about the vetrano DB, No it is not...it is as described in my previous post.

Posted July 22, 2013 link

It is a combination valve that drains opv and vacuum valve relief into the drip tray. Not like the left one which spits water into the electronics.
 View Profile Link to this post
DavecUK

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Mon Jul 22, 2013, 12:17pm

cuznvin Said:

Dave..how would you rate the construction of the machine compared to other manufacturers... stainless thickness, drip tray construction, frame quality...

At this area of the prosumer price point, all espresso machines good quality construction, good materials, good frame.....some have that slight extra in the build, fit and finish, gauges on straight, nice edges and gaps....the quickmill falls into that category.

CSME9 Said:

It is a combination valve that drains opv and vacuum valve relief into the drip tray. Not like the left one which spits water into the electronics.

Indeed it is..
SylvainMtl

Espresso: Elektra Sixties A3
Grinder: Mazzer Super Jolly with...
Posted Mon Jul 22, 2013, 2:04pm

Ok, combined safety and vacuum breaker valve, interesting.  Will you have pictures of the internal of the machine on your review?

For what's worth, I'd rather be worrying about maintenance and safety aspects  than about some other aspects...

As you mentionned, the brew boiler is subject to high pressure (about 12 bars is the OPV set right?) so I want the best OPV available, period.
cuznvin

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Mon Jul 22, 2013, 2:18pm

SylvainMtl Said:

For what's worth, I'd rather be worrying about maintenance and safety aspects  than about some other aspects...

Like??
DavecUK

Posted Mon Jul 22, 2013, 3:34pm

SylvainMtl Said:

Ok, combined safety and vacuum breaker valve, interesting.  Will you have pictures of the internal of the machine on your review?

As you mentionned, the brew boiler is subject to high pressure (about 12 bars is the OPV set right?) so I want the best OPV available, period.

Wait til the UK review comes out, I get another new DB in just under a week (with all the revisions I asked for) and will update the UK review I have already done...then it's up to the retailers to publish or not. I don't sell em, I have no financial interest in the selling of them, I don't even care about the money I get paid to review em, I only charge because I should and to make them take notice of what I say. I am also quite selective about the machines I want to review, because it takes weeks and weeks of my time, which I don't want to waste. I think it's a great machine, both from an engineering, as well as aesthetic standpoint and a lot better than it's peers....if that isn't enough for you, it's perfectly understandable.

In the meantime, I would imagine any special offer will be over, or fully subscribed....and believe me CC is doing a great offer, I don't know how he is doing it...but it's a great offer.
cuznvin

Posted Mon Jul 22, 2013, 3:41pm

DavecUK Said:

\..then it's up to the retailers to publish or not.

The million dollar question.......

and if they dont publish it????
DavecUK

Posted Tue Jul 23, 2013, 1:13am

cuznvin Said:

The million dollar question.......

and if they dont publish it????

They always have so far....if they don't, they don't, it belongs to them not me. I only have 1 rule, "I write as I find, it's not a sales review, it's copy protected and can't be changed or choice portions extracted".
CarloM

Espresso: Vetrano V2B
Grinder: Mazzer Mini-E Type A, SJ...
Drip: Toddy
Posted Tue Jul 23, 2013, 7:46am

Money -> Mouth

Just sent an email to Chris N. to get in line for the Vetrano 2B. Taking my own words of advice, rather than always "waiting for the next best thing" (of which there will always be one if you wait long enough) I'm going to take the plunge and start enjoying fantastic espresso hopefully in August.

What pushed me over the edge was Chris and DavecUK's testimonials and experience with the machine, plus Quickmill seems to have a good reputation in the industry. While this is a new machine (I never buy the first revision of an Apple product for example), I do believe the Vetrano 2B is building on some tried and true components and utilizes QM's proven experience in making these machines. Dave's analysis of the fit and finish, both in the exterior and interior components, really convinced me that this will be my machine for hopefully a decade or more (subject to regular cleaning and maintenance, along with use of tested soft water).

Oh, and I got the cc offer I was waiting for, so I have some decent cash back and zero APR for 18 months coming my way. :D

I had been posting in the grinders forum about maximizing my Mazzer Mini E performance and I've just gotten it where it's performing like a champ (no clumping, reduced static, faster grind) and now I'm turning my attention to the brew and steam side of the equation.

Can't wait!
MDiddy

Espresso: ECM Technika IV Profi
Grinder: Baratza Forte AP
Drip: Cuisinart DCC-1200
Posted Tue Jul 23, 2013, 1:51pm

I know it's not a DB, but just want to offer my .02.

It seems a lot of people in this thread are worried about fit and finish.  If that is a major selling point to you, I can't speak highly enough of the build quality of my ECM Technika IV.  Blows anything even Rocket has out of the water.

I've had it for two weeks now, and this thing is built like a tank, both inside and out.  No front flexing, heavy as a pile of bricks, solid all around, the the finishing touches on it are second to none.  

No weld burns at all and every corner/panel is perfectly built.  SS boiler, just like higher end LM's, and a tuned HX system that requires the smallest flush you can imagine.  You can argue it doesn't even need one at all.

If you're looking for a top of the line machine in terms of built quality and use, I wouldn't rule out the ECM at all.

I mean, there's no LEDs on the ECM, but it pulls an incredible shot.  :D
cuznvin

Posted Tue Jul 23, 2013, 2:04pm

MDiddy Said:

I know it's not a DB, but just want to offer my .02.

It seems a lot of people in this thread are worried about fit and finish.  If that is a major selling point to you, I can't speak highly enough of the build quality of my ECM Technika IV.  Blows anything even Rocket has out of the water.

I've had it for two weeks now, and this thing is built like a tank, both inside and out.  No front flexing, heavy as a pile of bricks, solid all around, the the finishing touches on it are second to none.  

No weld burns at all and every corner/panel is perfectly built.  SS boiler, just like higher end LM's, and a tuned HX system that requires the smallest flush you can imagine.  You can argue it doesn't even need one at all.

If you're looking for a top of the line machine in terms of built quality and use, I wouldn't rule out the ECM at all.

I mean, there's no LEDs on the ECM, but it pulls an incredible shot.  :D

Posted July 23, 2013 link

I was about to buy the Technika, BUT when I found out the OPV valve and vacuum breaker wasnt set up to drain to the drip tray and would spray inside the machine, I changed my mind. It is a simple thing to do, yet ECM chose not to do this.. Why, i dont now. I also wasnt too comfortable with the restocking fee @ 1st line  even though there is a very slim chance I would return it.. I still like the technika a lot.
showing page 52 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Great Espresso at Home
Curated selection of the best machines from La Spaziale, Izzo, Quick Mill, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.495414018631)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+