Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Duel Lpg / Electric coffee machine for mobile catering
Grey Seal Coffee
We Roast Exceptional Coffee. See Our Brew Guides And Our Coffee Courses. 10% off with 'coffeegeek'!
greysealcoffee.co.uk

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Duel Lpg /...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
Larragh

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Fri Jul 5, 2013, 12:37am
Subject: Duel Lpg / Electric coffee machine for mobile catering

I would like an advice on what is the best quality coffee machine for mobile catering which runs on Lpg and on rare occasions
, electric and what would be the best solution in order for it not to drop in temperature . Is it best to go lever, or can you still archive great quality and constant temperature with semi auto machine. My budget is 3000-4000 UK pounds just for the machine, producing 200, 250 cups an hour.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Regards,
L
 View Profile Link to this post
west77
west77
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: WEGA 2 group Airy, Rancilio...
Grinder: Carimali M1, Nuova Simonelli...
Vac Pot: Cory gasketless
Drip: What's drip?
Roaster: Fratello ;)
Posted Sat Jul 6, 2013, 12:46am
Subject: Re: Duel Lpg / Electric coffee machine for mobile catering

That is kind of a tough question- most of us will not have served 250 cups an hour with no electricity (heck, most of do not serve 4 cups per minute even with electricity...)  I was doing a little reading when I bought the lever machine with an LPG option installed and can really only pass on second hand information gleaned from around the web.  If you are spending that kind of money and needing something functional and reliable I would think you might need to contact a dealer to help steer you in the right direction.  There is also the grinder and whatever you need to meet health regulations (do you need a sink etc?)

Most of the sources that I had found questioned the official numbers that are usually quoted for a commercial 2 group machine (most manufacturers claim around 240 cups / hour as their capacity.)  Whatever you choose, you still need some pressure behind the water to fill the machine (are you planning on hooking into the water main somehow or running an electric pump?)

The temperature stability of the LPG lever machines seems to almost be legendary and it is more a question of how many shots you can pull and how much milk you can steam each hour.  As a side note, you can also type in propane rather than LPG on your search (you will get mostly results from your part of the world with LPG and mostly American results with propane.)

There are a few threads on various boards dealing with propane machines that you may find helpful.  In the end though, I think you will need some advice from a dealer who can work with you on the set up and your expectations.  Best of luck.
 View Profile Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Duel Lpg /...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.307844161987)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+