Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Warm up time of Quick Mill Monza
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Warm up time of...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 3 last page next page
Author Messages
nmix
nmix
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Fiorenzato Bricoletta
Grinder: Mazzer Major
Posted Tue Nov 20, 2012, 12:00pm
Subject: Warm up time of Quick Mill Monza

Hi to all,
I have found a used Quick Mill Monza MOD.05009 (superautomatic coffee machine which uses two thermoblocks) and intend to buy it.
Could any Monza owner inform me about  the warm up time it is required  for being ready ???
 View Profile Link to this post
goodboyr

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Tue Dec 11, 2012, 6:30pm
Subject: Re: Warm up time of Quick Mill Monza

I've had one (its the newer version model 5010) for a few days and many many shots to test it and adjust. The temperature readout says "ready" in about 5 minutes from cold startup in the morning, however, given the huge thermal mass of all the metal components in this beast (no plastic whatsoever!), I would suggest equilibrium would be closer to 10 minutes. As I said,  I am still experimenting with settings, but the shots this machine produces even now, are way beyond any superauto out there and are starting to approach "good to great". Ok, they will never be on par with a good semi auto machine, but damn close!
nmix
nmix

Posted Tue Dec 11, 2012, 10:35pm

Iím receiving my Monza the upcoming Saturday, ready for experiments. Mine has got two thermo-blocks and not a boiler.
Keep in mind that I Ďve already got a Delonghi Magnifica superauto for comparing each other. I 'll let you know my impressions then.
Milwaukeecoffee

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Vivaldi S1
Posted Fri Dec 14, 2012, 11:49am

I just received my Monza yesterday. I'm very interested in if anyone has any recommended settings or tips to start with. Obviously some individual tweaks will be required depending on the beans, etc.... but any advice on how to get the most out of this machine or what you found to work well for you without troubleshooting for the next 6 months would be much appreciated.
Milwaukeecoffee

Posted Tue Dec 18, 2012, 7:55am

bump - Someone out there has had to have some experience dialing in the Monza. I'm particularly interested in what you found to work best for settings like pre-infusion time, grouphead temp. Any other best practices to walk through to get it dialed in would also be helpful.

Thanks
nmix
nmix

Posted Tue Dec 18, 2012, 9:03am

I could not help you so far due to the fact my used Monza , MOD.05009 DECA ,has got very bad  burrs and should be replaced. Thus I hadnít the opportunity to tweak its performance. Just as a starting point you can set the brewing temperature at 92į C and group temp  about  90į- 91į C. Personally  with regards to the volume ,Iím going to adjust the coffee button  as double shot and espresso button as an espresso (enhanced per 20%). The grinderís coffee quantity would be approximately the max of the level I can, as concerning the coffee button, about 9-10 grams would be great for the espresso one .For achieving the last,it is required a scale.
Hope that helps
Milwaukeecoffee

Posted Tue Dec 18, 2012, 7:01pm

Thanks. That's helpful. I'll have more time later this week to play with it. I'm currently finding that anything over 7 grams of coffee is wasted. Also, if the pre infusion is set too high sometimes the machine drips a little before the flow of coffee starts.
takeshi
takeshi

Espresso: Alex Duetto 3.0
Grinder: Super Jolly
Roaster: Amaya Roasting
Posted Wed Dec 19, 2012, 12:52pm

Milwaukeecoffee Said:

Someone out there has had to have some experience dialing in the Monza.

Posted December 18, 2012 link

There aren't a whole lot of superauto users here on Coffeegeek.  It's just not the type of machine that people that frequent this forum tend to use.
UKCoachCalipari
UKCoachCalipari

Posted Wed Jun 26, 2013, 6:47pm

I have noticed that the Monza is now outa stock everwhere. Been forever since I've seen one even on eBay.  Is Quick Mill about to discontinue it and/or introduce the 5011 version?
Giampiero

Espresso: Quick Mill Vetrano
Grinder: Fiorenzato F5
Posted Thu Jun 27, 2013, 3:27am

I know very well 05009 Monza.
Does your model has the "heart" button as deca function?
If yes you can boost and stabilize the warm up just brewing a pair of time using the "heart" button, don't forget to put a cup under the spouts, the grinder will not run but the water flowing will push the termoblock to reach quiclky the proper temperature.
If you desire to keep on the machine all day the whole hydraulic components will reach the proper and stabilized temperature in about 15 minutes.
The grinder can achieve very fine ground but don't exasperate it ( just find the proper one depend by the quality and freshness of the coffee beans)or the coffee ground will stuck in the grinder funnel reducing the dose in the coffee chamber or even probably no coffee will out from the spouts.
I found that disable the pre-infusion was better but depend always even by the coffee quality.
Setting up the steam is easy, my personal set up was T.of steam 2, Steam on 1.
My personal opinion is to learn to froth milk without the white plastic pipe.
Water coffee brewing temperature depend by your coffee the machine does not show a temperature value but each mark is about 1,5 Celsius degrees, if i remember as well at lower value are 85 Celsius degrees, note that this is not exactly the water brewing temperature but a component between the termoblock temp. and some fix value to obtain a result in cup.
The coffee chamber temperature i setting up at the fifth mark, if you don't keep on the machine all day i suggest an aggressive set up, in effect this value can improve the result in cup but you can use it if you prefer an higher temperature in cup without modify the water brewing temperature which is more important.
I have to back to my job, but i will try to post some more info.
Have fun with Monza:-)
showing page 1 of 3 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Warm up time of...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.452372074127)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+