Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
How do I reduce the temperature of the Racillio Sylvia?
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > How do I reduce...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 5 of 7 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
Ccup
Ccup
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: rancilio silvia
Grinder: rancilio rocky
Drip: na
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Mon Jun 24, 2013, 3:03pm
Subject: Re: How do I reduce the temperature of the Racillio Sylvia?

(This is all relates to coffee.)

I am glad you found it interesting and it turned out exactly how I thought it would. I had cancer and I will tell you it the most horrible thing a human can go through. Having it it like being reset back to a baby, I was completely immobilised. Everything I knew was taken because of the syrgery I had from this.

Now I read a book "sweet poison" my mind ticked from that day on. I thought Chemotherapy, radiation therapy and surgery will not prevent this horrid disease returning. They will just make me go through what I went through assuming I get cancer. If you have had not had cancer you will not be as concerned aout all this nutrition as I am. Why because you have not been to hell.

Now I read a lot about foods and the health risks of refined foods. I read a lot about the benefits of natural food. I believe now to stand up for what you believe 100%. So I do this!

I realised the way to prevent this disease from raising it's head is to eat the natural food! All the money the medics pour into a cure is a waste as there is no cure! The human body cures itself! With the help of good whole some food. If you go eating Mc Donalds will the body have a simple time fighting of mutated cells?

No!

We need to help ourselfs!

Now another thing, when ever I touch on this with anyone they get defensive. I get remarks like "where are your facts, proof?"
People do not want to believe and they get snide about it. It happened in this very thread.

There was one guy keeping the piece. He said it was insignificant. I do not think so, coffee is the second largest commodity consumed in the world. All the more reason to make it healthy! Unfortunate I experienced much bought coffee that is to hot, the milk is steamed to a ridiculous temp and sugar is added. I can not think of anything more unbalance/ unhealthy.

I have seen a man in hospital sick as sick. His reason, over consumption of coffee. I think that is what he told me.

I hate seeing people die from this and I hate seeing people suffer and I hate seeing them suffer from the therapies westerns provide. Especially when the entire time healthy whole foods are sitting there waiting to be eaten.

The healthy whole foods are the blue prints of medicines.

"A good cup of coffee starts with a seedling."
Snaggle.

www.snagssharkteeth.com
http://stores.ebay.com.au/Snaggles-Shark-Teeth
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
zedex

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Spaz v2
Grinder: vario
Posted Mon Jun 24, 2013, 6:03pm

Hey bud.. Here is what you do.. Install a pid on your silvia. That should be about $250. When you hit the "go button" you can watch the temperature climb on the digital display until it hits 70 degrees. when it hits 70, Shoot your shot. Taste it. Its gonna taste like warm liquified cat sh1t. But hey.. You know your stuff, no argument here.
I also suggest you contact Rancilio and give them some of your excellent advice on proper brewing techniques. Obviously ,they know nothing in regards to " nutrient loss" . Might as well contact La Spazialle as well because they share the same backward brewing techniques as Rancilio.
 View Profile Link to this post
Ccup
Ccup

Posted Mon Jun 24, 2013, 6:23pm

Thanks for the response!
Like everyone else you have taken offense, what is it? Do you think I am insulting the makers of rancillio Sylvia? Do you think I am insulting there intelligence?

I do not know what they know. They have told me nothing! I did not go to them to find out correct brewing methods, I just paid them for a machine.

Not at all! I do take shots at 70 actually I take it lower. It tastes good!
Sorry for thinking past the guidelines set by Rancillio (not that they ever told me these) and I am grateful for what they have done and provided the public. Do I speak against them and say they no nothing, of course not. You have drawn your own conclusion on my conjecture.

Snaggle.

www.snagssharkteeth.com
Ccup
Ccup

Posted Mon Jun 24, 2013, 6:36pm

I am over listening to people with high degrees and are higher in the cascade than I. I am tired of this. I would rather people started thinking and learning for themselves rather than swallow what they are told!

I enjoy a coffee extracted from a lower temp water and that is ok. If listened and blindly followed what I was told I would be missing out. Instead I experimented and through trial and error I have found joy in life!

I have been reading about food and learning how things effect it. I have been learning about what I eat! In doing so I have found life so much more enjoyable. This is what life is about. Learn it and enjoy it!

This is fine and there is no shame  in freeing your mind from what people tell you!

Snaggle.

www.snagssharkteeth.com
Ccup
Ccup

Posted Mon Jun 24, 2013, 6:50pm

I have not bothered asking this question until now. I knew that it would escalate to this. I think people have cast me into the insolent basket now. If they have not I am grateful. I do not mind tho, it was worth an ask. Thanks for the PID answer I think that is my best chance, changing the thermostat, I do not know how but one guy showed me the 65 degree thermo stat!

Why was that made if the engineers condemned the idea? Maybe some one else is thinking out side the box?

Snaggle.

www.snagssharkteeth.com
okitoki
okitoki
Expertise: Just starting

Posted Tue Jun 25, 2013, 1:36am

interesting read... strange but interesting...
As weird as it sounds brewing at such a low temperature and producing an espresso to us normally would be way too sour to be considered as tasty coffee... but then, I personally enjoyed food and dishes that other people would consider as gross and yucky... so each to their own...

On another note, my friend's grandmother who recently being diagnosed with cancer and has underwent a few treatment of chemo theraphy, and one thing my friend noticed was her grandmother's taste of food has changed dramatically.... her perception of taste were altered slightly, and food just doesn't have the same flavor as it was before... now for her to enjoy her food (which is a good thing) they had to cook it with extreme taste... extra spicy....

so if you do enjoy your drink at that temperature, then I would really suggest that you either look at getting a PID installed (which will give you exact temp control) or consider other brew method that can provide tastier (to us) brew... maybe French press, aeropress, or even cold brew... try those ones and see how they taste...

good luck with your search....

---------------------------------------

On a different note, I read some of the older posts from Ccup and it sounds completely different to how the current Ccup think and types his posts...
if this is a troll, then well played sir... well played....

lol.... low temperature espresso shots indeed....
NobbyR
NobbyR

Espresso: Poccino Opus One, Ariete
Grinder: Eureka Mignon Istantaneo
Vac Pot: N/A
Drip: Melitta Linea Unica de Luxe
Roaster: N/A
Posted Tue Jun 25, 2013, 2:56am

Ccup Said:

As far as saving nutrients in water, not much! but there is nutrients in water none the less and these are vital.

Posted June 23, 2013 link

The only nutrients in water are inorganic minerals like sodium, calcium, magnesium, potassium etc., maybe some trace elements. Those won't be removed, reduced or degraded by heating.

"This drink of the Satan is so delicious that it would be a shame to leave it to the infidels." (Pope Clement VIII on coffee, when he was urged to ban the beverage)
Ccup
Ccup

Posted Tue Jun 25, 2013, 4:27am

Thanks for taking me serious.

Yes it would but for some reason I do not get that sour taste maybe you would but I do not. My entire diet is frowned upon by others.
I enjoy everey bit. It started with my rare steak everyone hated that but I loved and from there on everyone hates my food desicions. Like you said each to there own thank you.

Maybr your friends grandmothers tastes buds were destroyed from chemo so she needs intense taste?

I do my drew regiome of turning the machine of and let it cool naturally.

I am Ccup and my question right up until now has been consistent! I have just enumerated and as I explain more yes it seems by stand changes but I assure it does not. I stand firm! hahaha

As time went on I had to be more detailed to what I said a simple reaction to comments I received.

Thanks for accepting my wish to have a lower temp haha thanks mate take care!

Snaggle.

www.snagssharkteeth.com
Ccup
Ccup

Posted Tue Jun 25, 2013, 4:29am

Why, were plants growth stunted by being fed boiled water as oposed to natural city water? Why were plants growth stunted from microwave water as opposed to natural water?

If the nutrients are retained like you say?

Heat kills nutrients it is entirely natural for nutrients to die with the heat.
I wrote to my supplier and asked them same question they respected me and told me my question/. inquiry was a first!

I am pioneer!

Snaggle.

www.snagssharkteeth.com
NobbyR
NobbyR

Espresso: Poccino Opus One, Ariete
Grinder: Eureka Mignon Istantaneo
Vac Pot: N/A
Drip: Melitta Linea Unica de Luxe
Roaster: N/A
Posted Tue Jun 25, 2013, 5:45am

Ccup Said:

Why, were plants growth stunted by being fed boiled water as oposed to natural city water? Why were plants growth stunted from microwave water as opposed to natural water?

Posted June 25, 2013 link

Where did you get that hair-raising information? I believe this might be the thing for you: click here. If you can't read German, run the Wikipedia article through Google translator.

By the way, back to your initial problem. If you want to regulalte the brewing temperature of your Silvia, you'll have to equip it with a PID.

"This drink of the Satan is so delicious that it would be a shame to leave it to the infidels." (Pope Clement VIII on coffee, when he was urged to ban the beverage)
showing page 5 of 7 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > How do I reduce...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.484525918961)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+