Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
How do I reduce the temperature of the Racillio Sylvia?
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > How do I reduce...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 7 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
D4F

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic PID
Grinder: Baratza Forte-AP
Posted Sat Jun 22, 2013, 7:38pm
Subject: Re: How do I reduce the temperature of the Racillio Sylvia?

I see sour espresso in your future  :)  That is why I asked what you were trying to do. Search temperature of espresso vs taste. No harm or disrespect meant.

D4F also at
http://www.gaggiausersgroup.com/
 View Profile Link to this post
Ccup
Ccup
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: rancilio silvia
Grinder: rancilio rocky
Drip: na
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Sat Jun 22, 2013, 7:39pm

oh yes and HOT water destroys the integrity of the coffee grind, or did you know that already?

"A good cup of coffee starts with a seedling."
Snaggle.

www.snagssharkteeth.com
http://stores.ebay.com.au/Snaggles-Shark-Teeth
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Ccup
Ccup

Posted Sat Jun 22, 2013, 7:41pm

Thanks mate! I assure you sour espresso I will not accept! No I find to HOT gives bitter coffee and to cold is indeed sour, there is a sweet spot and I find the Sylvia just a little to hot.

Snaggle.

www.snagssharkteeth.com
Ccup
Ccup

Posted Sat Jun 22, 2013, 7:51pm
Subject: !

"Every cooking method can destroy vitamins and other nutrients in food."
If the body lacks nutrients the bodies ability to fight disease is hindered!
Less heat means tasty, healthy coffee! How it was intended!

It is also true that a cold shot will draw a sour shot! I find this rancid!

But then there is the cold drip coffee and this, is amazing

Snaggle.

www.snagssharkteeth.com
emradguy
emradguy

Espresso: Duetto II; Twist v2
Grinder: M Major, Macap M4 x2, VDD...
Drip: Espro presses; Aeropress
Roaster: H-B "List of Favorites"
Posted Sat Jun 22, 2013, 8:08pm

Ccup Said:

Are you mocking me mate! Here is an idea go grab the popcorn and educate yourself on nutrients! Also here is another little thing you can do. Go burn the crap out of your water and compare it to natural spring water found on a mountain! Ignorant prick.

Posted June 22, 2013 link

Careful man...this kind of post is going to get you in deep trouble here once the moderators catch wind of it.  No matter how annoyed someone's post makes you, they aren't going to tolerate personal attacks and name calling.

Anyhow, back on track...I don't see how you're going to achieve your goal on a Silvia (or any other SBDU), even if you use a PID. Whether you learn to surf the Silvia to pull your shots at the optimum temperature (~93C) or control it tightly with a PID, as soon as you flip the switch for steaming milk, you're going way over your upper limit, so what would be the point? There's only one boiler. The only way you would have a chance of pulling this off is if you never froth milk or flip the steam switch for any reason.  If I were as concerned as you are, I'd just forget about "nutrients in my water" in the Silvia and focus on the rest of my diet.

Always remember the most important thing is what ends up in your cup!
Ccup
Ccup

Posted Sat Jun 22, 2013, 8:28pm

Thanks for the advice it I get annoyed when people take blind stabs at my convictions in food. I suffered cancer and I now know that untainted food would of saved me a brain injury!

I fin that my body can handle 50 to 60 degrees! So I would heat milk till I could not touch it, 50 degrees!
I do not drink milk, so yes I have Ristrettos. I have not had a milk coffee in two years. I also left sugar!

Right now, I turn the machine on and let it warm up. I do some blinds to clean out the group. I then turn the machine off as heat is efficient.
I make sure my PF is warm. So while the machine is off I pack my basket and get it ready.
I turn the machine back on and pull a shot at around 60 degrees. It is hard sometime it is to hot.
Once it was to cold.
Usually to hot.

As or milk that is already pasteurised, killed. So I do not drink that one.

Really lowering the temp progam in the machine would mean I can leave it on and not turn it off.
What I do now does work but sometime the machine gets way to hot.

Snaggle.

www.snagssharkteeth.com
emradguy
emradguy

Espresso: Duetto II; Twist v2
Grinder: M Major, Macap M4 x2, VDD...
Drip: Espro presses; Aeropress
Roaster: H-B "List of Favorites"
Posted Sat Jun 22, 2013, 8:39pm

glad to see you're a survivor!  Here's to many more years...

But wait...did I understand you correctly? You pull your shots at 60C and they don't taste sour to you? THAT truly amazes me.

Always remember the most important thing is what ends up in your cup!
Ccup
Ccup

Posted Sat Jun 22, 2013, 9:07pm

I understand what you say about the steamer but I do not use the steamer. So the boiler does not go that high. I noticed when I flick the steamer button the boiler works extra hard to get extra temp. So I do not use the steamer at al thus I do not deal with that high temp.

Water has little nutritional content anyway. The heat will destroy what little it has if the water is to hot and the hot water will burn the nutrition in coffee. Food is yummy because of that content. I find high nutrition food is just tasty and thus the same for a shot of coffee.

It is ok! No offence taken. The nutrition in coffee is a small part of the big picture. I am highly concerned about all the food I eat. I will not eat any refined foods that have an unbalanced addition, like white sugar. It is good your wife is in that field helping people but I would love to ask her about food and how that can cease tumours, cancers, diabetes and the like. I think she will laugh at me. As far as I have seen most people laugh at the idea.

Despite the fact I was talking to a scientist who told me, yes the Medicine comes from food.

Sometimes you get the one person who agrees 100% that natural food is the answer! One time one guy told me he rejected chemotherapy, radiation therapy and all the money that goes with that and took on natural food. He told me his cancer is in recession.

There are numerous testimonies on you tube of people being healed through natural food.

Yes your statement on the caffeine is true! but a shot of coffee holds wonders! I believe there is nitrogen in coffee too? I think that is where the high comes from, not caffeine. Have a can of coke, ever got you high? or a cup of tea? Ever had a nodoh? a caffeine pill? I did and it did squat, infact I had that with coke but I have not drunk coke for many years now.

Iread a study that coffee can make you lose weight and prevent illness like dementia, that would be the shot of coffee. Not the Latte.

I have a balance, 1 Ristretto drink, one every morning! No more no less. I read it takes 24 hours to get a coffee out of your system so I have one a day!
Balance my friend.

I rant on a lot about eating a natural balanced diet quite a lot now and it has impacted pretty much every bit of food I put in my system, we are what we eat! I hope I have planted a seed of thought about this for you. I urge you to join me :) you will be well and your family to :)

Thank you! raised coffee to you!

Snaggle.

www.snagssharkteeth.com
Ccup
Ccup

Posted Sat Jun 22, 2013, 9:10pm

Oh always have water with my coffee as that lowers your blood pressure :)

Snaggle.

www.snagssharkteeth.com
Ccup
Ccup

Posted Sat Jun 22, 2013, 9:14pm

ah yes Correct! I try to pull a shot and I am not sure it would be 60 to 80 degrees. I need a thermo stat so I can take the exact correct temp of the water but I do not have one. I do not pull a shot when Sylvia is at full temperature. The people I bought the machine from told me the group head runs at a maximum of 90 degrees. So I have coffee colder than 90 for sure.

Snaggle.

www.snagssharkteeth.com
showing page 2 of 7 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > How do I reduce...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.490586042404)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+