Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Another DB Quickmill
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 28 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
JaniceAnn

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Thu Jun 20, 2013, 3:04pm
Subject: Re: Another DB Quickmill

That picture has been up for several days.  It is not one of the new ones.

I guess Chris got really busy and didn't have time to post the new pictures yet.

Maybe tomorrow.
 View Profile Link to this post
chriscoffee

Expertise: Professional

Posted Thu Jun 20, 2013, 3:30pm

My daughter queued them to start tomorrow at 12:30 I am trying to get a hold of her to move up the launch time to start now. She is not answering her cell. That's different ya right.

Chris
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
CarloM

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Vetrano V2B
Grinder: Mazzer Mini-E Type A, SJ...
Drip: Toddy
Posted Thu Jun 20, 2013, 4:06pm

chriscoffee Said:

My daughter queued them to start tomorrow at 12:30 I am trying to get a hold of her to move up the launch time to start now. She is not answering her cell. That's different ya right.

Chris

Posted June 20, 2013 link

What? A daughter not answering her cell when a parent is calling? I've never heard of such a thing! :D
john_ertw

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Quickmill Vetrano
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Fri Jun 21, 2013, 4:18am

A new photo is up on the facebook site.  It looks very nice (almost identical to the photo on Quickmill's site).  I'll be calling Chris' team when I get some time to ask a few questions.  I'm really leaning towards this machine as long as there isn't anything that is overly objectionable to me.  I'd like to see some more photos (like everyone else), especially showing a close up of the LEDs when off (and on) and some interior shots.  I'm guessing the LEDs probably looks better in person than the original photos Chris put up, otherwise he wouldn't order the machine with them.
DeanOK
DeanOK
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: QM Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Vario W
Posted Fri Jun 21, 2013, 4:48am

The biggest draw to the 2B for me is the rotary pump (and I need a tank). I just like the low noise of the rotary pump models. I would have to see the lights in person to make a decision on them. Right now, I am not sure I like them, but like Chris says, if you don't like them, don't turn them on. If the lights are more functional than decorative, they would be nice for me because the place I set my machine in the kitchen is a little dark unless you turn on every light in the kitchen. If they are functional to provide light on the work space, I certainly would rather them be one of the white LEDs.
cuznvin

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Fri Jun 21, 2013, 5:00am

DeanOK Said:

The biggest draw to the 2B for me is the rotary pump (and I need a tank). I just like the low noise of the rotary pump models. I would have to see the lights in person to make a decision on them. Right now, I am not sure I like them, but like Chris says, if you don't like them, don't turn them on. If the lights are more functional than decorative, they would be nice for me because the place I set my machine in the kitchen is a little dark unless you turn on every light in the kitchen. If they are functional to provide light on the work space, I certainly would rather them be one of the white LEDs.

Posted June 21, 2013 link

Are you going to take a trip to Albany, Ny to see it?
CarloM

Espresso: Vetrano V2B
Grinder: Mazzer Mini-E Type A, SJ...
Drip: Toddy
Posted Fri Jun 21, 2013, 8:44am

After seeing the larger pic, any concerns I may have had over the LEDs are gone. Whether I ever turn them on or not, the machine with them off looks just fine. So it's more an "added feature/option" than anything else. Having them there, off, doesn't harm the machine aesthetically in my eyes. And turning them on...we'll have to see how that looks in person. But now this machine is firmly in the lead for me. It seems to have most of the advantages the Duetto 3 had over the Dream T (58mm E61, tank or plumbable, rotary) but for a few hundred cheaper. The only thing the Dream T has over this is the built-in timer, but I'm prepared to live without that for a while.

Chris-can you comment on how dry and powerful the steam is? How many holes are in the tip (and size)? I know people love the 4 hole 9mm tip on the Duetto 3.

Thanks, and I'll be in touch shortly to get on the list.
cuznvin

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Fri Jun 21, 2013, 8:47am

CarloM Said:

After seeing the larger pic, any concerns I may have had over the LEDs are gone. Whether I ever turn them on or not, the machine with them off looks just fine. So it's more an "added feature/option" than anything else. Having them there, off, doesn't harm the machine aesthetically in my eyes. And turning them on...we'll have to see how that looks in person. But now this machine is firmly in the lead for me. It seems to have most of the advantages the Duetto 3 had over the Dream T (58mm E61, tank or plumbable, rotary) but for a few hundred cheaper. The only thing the Dream T has over this is the built-in timer, but I'm prepared to live without that for a while.

Chris-can you comment on how dry and powerful the steam is? How many holes are in the tip (and size)? I know people love the 4 hole 9mm tip on the Duetto 3.

Thanks, and I'll be in touch shortly to get on the list.

I dont think that "stock" pic they posted is the machine that has the LED lights on it..
JaniceAnn

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Fri Jun 21, 2013, 12:18pm

Were there supposed to be more pictures about 12:30 today?

I don't how Facebook posts pictures so maybe there is a delay before they actually appear on the page.
CraigA
CraigA

Espresso: PID/PressureMod 2001...
Grinder: BUNN FPG-2 DBC, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos manual, Yama 5...
Drip: Behmor BraZen, BUNN VPR-APS,...
Roaster: Refurb Behmor 1600, BBQ...
Posted Fri Jun 21, 2013, 1:35pm

JaniceAnn Said:

I don't how Facebook posts pictures so maybe there is a delay before they actually appear on the page.

They post instantly Janice. {;-)

http://twitter.com/CoffeegeekCraig
http://www.facebook.com/craig.andrews.169

Excellent coffee doesn't just happen!
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
showing page 28 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.406635046005)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+