Espresso: Espresso Machines
Another DB Quickmill
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 24 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
DavecUK

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 6:36am
Subject: Re: Another DB Quickmill

CSME9 Said:

I am sure CCS will provide detailed feature lists, pictures and a video prior to selling the V2b. The SS only requires a wipe down with a micro cloth with glass cleaner or similar products-not a big deal.

WS

Posted June 19, 2013 link

You forgot to tell them the best thing about SS machines..........even after 6 years and even if you cleaned it only once every 6 months,when you do clean it, it comes up just like brand new!!!
 View Profile Link to this post
sharky
sharky

Espresso: QM Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Compak K3 Touch
Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 7:07am

DavecUK, you are our go-to-guy for the Vetrano 2b review!  We waited for weeks & weeks for your review . . . and then you told us you couldn't even post it, if you wanted to?  Waz' up with that?  If you don't have it, who does?  And where/how/when can we expect to see it??  As you can see, there are a bunch of us who are very keen on this machine and are anxious to read a review!  Inquiring minds need to know . . .
tglodjo
tglodjo

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: Baratza Vario, Virtuoso
Drip: Wave, V60, Chemex, Clever
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 7:39am

sharky Said:

DavecUK, you are our go-to-guy for the Vetrano 2b review!  We waited for weeks & weeks for your review . . . and then you told us you couldn't even post it, if you wanted to?  Waz' up with that?  If you don't have it, who does?  And where/how/when can we expect to see it??  As you can see, there are a bunch of us who are very keen on this machine and are anxious to read a review!  Inquiring minds need to know . . .

Sharky and JaniceAnn, I realize that you two are super excited about the Vetrano 2B possibly being the machine for you, but come on, let's calm down a little. You have CCS and DavecUK who have both said they love the machine and will post a review when possible. This marks the billionth (an overstatement, I know) request for a review AFTER you've already been told one is on its way.

CSME9 Said:

I am sure CCS will provide detailed feature lists, pictures and a video prior to selling the V2b.

This is very true! I'd assume that the info will be up before Chris even starts taking his preorders. I think a little patience is called for. A few pages back,I really appreciated when Germantownrob stood up for his CG friends when Chris posted a somewhat snarky/sarcastic comment about the lights, but this thread keeps getting more immature as time goes by. CCS has many machines on the way. Both he and DavecUK, very respected reviewers and distributors, have said they LOVE the machine and post reviews when they can. I feel like that is sufficient to believe we'll get the info we need/want before the final decision has to be made.
cuznvin

Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 7:47am

sharky Said:

JaniceAnn, I stand corrected . . . I watched the Mini V video and was actually impressed with the unit!  Me and my big yapper, huh?  LOL!  Two completely different looks, that's for sure!  Maybe we could get Chris to do a side x side review of these two machines?  Brilliant, no?  Either way, you have your work cut out for you in deciding . . . for me it's a no-brainer . . . and I don't mind polishing the chrome!  Hehe!

Chris doesnt do side by side reviews
cuznvin

Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 7:52am

CarloM Said:

I think Chris is a savvy and knowledgeable businessman who understands that most [though certainly not all] prospective customers would like to see a review of the item.

Or are you implying that Chris needs us to buy it first, and only when people purchase is it appropriate for him to review it?

I'm pretty sure that's not his (nor anyone else's) business model. If that were a successful model, then could you please buy this $2000 widget from me, and I'll send you the review after you send me the money? I know that's hyperbole, but I'm just trying to illustrate the fallacy of the point your making, that in order for us to get a review we have to spend the money first.

Posted June 18, 2013 link

Again.... Chris will be doing a review AFTER he finishes the other reviews he is working on. He also isnt expecting you to spend $2000 without a review. He doesnt want a deposit until mid july which will probably be AFTER his REVIEW...really people???
CSME9
CSME9
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Bezzera Mitica Top, Spaz...
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky
Drip: Moka Pot
Roaster: BBQ Roaster
Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 7:56am

DavecUK Said:

You forgot to tell them the best thing about SS machines..........even after 6 years and even if you cleaned it only once every 6 months,when you do clean it, it comes up just like brand new!!!

Dave: You are correct, my 9 yr old machine looks brand new after a quick wipe down. To me the SS cleaning drama we have seen lately on this thread is a no brainer-were not waxing a car-this isn't a wax on wax off drill.

WS
cuznvin

Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 8:07am

CSME9 Said:

Dave: You are correct, my 9 yr old machine looks brand new after a quick wipe down. To me the SS cleaning drama we have seen lately on this thread is a no brainer-were not waxing a car-this isn't a wax on wax off drill.

WS

and just because another plastic machine may not show the dirt, doesnt mean it isnt dirty!!
CarloM

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Vetrano V2B
Grinder: Mazzer Mini-E Type A, SJ...
Drip: Toddy
Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 8:33am

cuznvin Said:

Again.... Chris will be doing a review AFTER he finishes the other reviews he is working on. He also isnt expecting you to spend $2000 without a review. He doesnt want a deposit until mid july which will probably be AFTER his REVIEW...really people???

So then I'll take this as your retraction of your previous comment accusing us of "much yakking and not much buying" since it's not even a possibility. And your acknowledgement that those of us who seek a nice review prior to purchase are within our rights to do so. Accepted.

We will wait patiently for CCS's review. I would hope you stop haranguing those of us who are asking for the review, accusing us of "not much buying".
cuznvin

Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 8:48am

CarloM Said:

So then I'll take this as your retraction of your previous comment accusing us of "much yakking and not much buying" since it's not even a possibility. And your acknowledgement that those of us who seek a nice review prior to purchase are within our rights to do so. Accepted.

We will wait patiently for CCS's review. I would hope you stop haranguing those of us who are asking for the review, accusing us of "not much buying".

Excuse me... I was not the one that accused you of anything..
germantownrob
germantownrob

Espresso: Duetto 3, A Dead Oscar
Grinder: Vario-W, Preciso w/Esatto,...
Drip: Brazen
Roaster: Diedrich IR-1, HT B
Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 9:03am

Pre orders are not for the weak of heart, dates given are often optimistic, delays are expected, money is given upfront for a promise of getting the item when it is available. Will the first productions need some tweaking?  I trust CCS has had plenty of experience in this area but they can't control everything.

Think very hard about pre ordering things if you do not have the constitution to do it. A review is only one side of the equation, it does not prove how the machine will handle shipping, being used and sometimes abused in the users hands takes the test of time. CCS and Dave have been at this a long time so I think thumbs up from them goes a long way. Patience can go a long way here as well, remember the machine can not even be pre ordered yet so I am still confused by a Mod and Chris telling folks to put your money where you mouth is?! I can put my money in my mouth all I want, it still won't get me this machine yet.
showing page 24 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.475924015045)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+