Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Buying advice -  Bezzera BZ07
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Buying advice -...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
Author Messages
dex138
dex138
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia V3
Grinder: Baratza Preciso, Hario...
Posted Sun Jun 9, 2013, 10:44am
Subject: Buying advice -  Bezzera BZ07

One of these for sale in the local Craigs List -

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/ele/3857859045.html

As you can see it includes a bottomless PF ,an assortment of baskets, 20oz pitcher, SS tamper, and some cleaning supplies.

Current new price for a BZ07is $1300.00 CDN (not including bottomless PF, tamper, pitcher, extra baskets,etc.)

I have a copy of the invoice confirming a purchase date of Oct 2011, and my only concerns are that he did not keep the owners manual, although from what I understand and have read it might not have been worth keeping, and no box.

Is $950.00 a fair price for this setup?  

Thanks for reading,
Dexter
 View Profile Link to this post
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Sun Jun 9, 2013, 1:29pm
Subject: Re: Buying advice -  Bezzera BZ07

The lack of the box and the book don't bother me.  But the price does.  I would want to pay closer to 750 rather than 950.  You can expect the extras to cost 100 new.

I would consider paying that much if it had the grinder and the insides looked like new.  But only you can decide if it is worth it to you.

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
dex138
dex138

Posted Sun Jun 9, 2013, 7:46pm

Ya, my first gut feeling was also "too high", but what the heck do I know!  I'm still a newby to all this coffee 'stuff'.
dyno

Espresso: Salvatore The Club/Oscar
Grinder: K6 Pro/Super Mini E
Posted Sun Jun 9, 2013, 8:20pm

Not alot of desirable machines come up locally, it's like a wasteland here, so I wouldn't say it's particularly overpriced.  It does look like the owner is in for about $1500 for the package.  Bezzera's a pretty nice machine, heat exchanger with hot water spout.  Now whether you can get your back $950 out of it if you need to sell.....maybe not but still not a bad investment.  NS Oscars do tend to be more in demand around here.

There's a Quickmill Alexia for sale too, perhaps newer but no HX and more expensive.  The asking price of $1200 is alittle optimistic and too close to getting a brand spankin' new HX machine.

On a side note, out of the blue, #2 daughter just posed a cheeky question about my new Compak K6 grinder that's 25" tall - "Dad, when you gettin' a new hopper?!?!?"  lol
dyqik

Espresso: Bezzera BZ07 PM
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso Preciso...
Vac Pot: Cona D
Drip: Bona-Vita, CCD, Aeropress.
Roaster: Gene Cafe, Modded Poppers
Posted Mon Jun 10, 2013, 7:08am

I paid 900 USD with shipping to get my BZ07 in similar condition, and without the bottomless.  If you can talk him down to that price with the extras, then I'd say go for it, particularly with the lack of alternatives.  Being able to see before you buy is worth something.

The manual is pretty useless, and freely available online if you feel you must read it.
fredk01

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Saeco Aroma
Grinder: OE Pharos
Posted Mon Jun 10, 2013, 7:34pm

Coffeenoobie Said:

The lack of the box and the book don't bother me.  But the price does.  I would want to pay closer to 750 rather than 950.  You can expect the extras to cost 100 new.

I would consider paying that much if it had the grinder and the insides looked like new.  But only you can decide if it is worth it to you.

Posted June 9, 2013 link

In the US maybe, but this here is Canada.  For whatever reason, uses espresso machines seem to command a premium over what you see in the US.

That is a good price if it is in good condition.
CoffeeRon
CoffeeRon

Espresso: Wega Lyra, Europiccola(still...
Grinder: Macap M7D, Pharos, Vario W,...
Vac Pot: Sunbeam CoffeeMaster
Drip: Melita BCM-4
Roaster: FR SR500,B-1600, SC/TO
Posted Mon Jun 10, 2013, 7:58pm

Less than two years old with all the extras? Check it over good, but sounds like a good deal to me.
dex138
dex138

Posted Mon Jun 10, 2013, 8:34pm

Ya, used machines rarely come up for sale around this neck of the woods, CL or otherwise.  The few that I have seen seem to be at rather premium prices - a PIDed 13 year old Silvia for $590, that Alexia for $1200...

CoffeeRon - when you say 'check it over good', is there anything specific I should be checking for?  any common issues on a machine like this?  

The fact that he is including cleaners tells me he probably keeps it fairly clean.  I guess as long as it pulls a decent shot I shoud be OK.  And of course I will check the obvious - make sure it blows steam, and pumps hot water.  Anything else?
CoffeeRon
CoffeeRon

Espresso: Wega Lyra, Europiccola(still...
Grinder: Macap M7D, Pharos, Vario W,...
Vac Pot: Sunbeam CoffeeMaster
Drip: Melita BCM-4
Roaster: FR SR500,B-1600, SC/TO
Posted Mon Jun 10, 2013, 10:03pm

Pretty much what you said- if everythings working and it hasn't been dropped or anything obvious like that you should be good. May be due for a new grouphead gasket or something like that but that type of thing is just routine nothing to quibble over. Leaking steam valves or such might be cause for a bit lower offer.
dex138
dex138

Posted Sun Jun 23, 2013, 10:13am

Update - just an FYI, after much humming and hawing I ended up not buying the BZ07.  I had sat back hoping that if it didn't sell the price might come down, and then the wife stepped in and said " buy new young man!" (she has this thing for new stuff!) so I did!

But not a BZ07, a Silvia!  The last few days have been very interesting.  Definitely a learning curve here, but then again, that's half the fun!  Right?

My thanks go out once again to everyone, for their advice and their patience.

Cheers!
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Buying advice -...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.445874929428)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+