Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Crossland CC1 - how to get perfect steam (video)
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Crossland CC1 -...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
mikek753

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Thu May 23, 2013, 3:20pm
Subject: Crossland CC1 - how to get perfect steam (video)

hi all,

I hope this will help CC1 owners and others.
I've used CC1 for almost 1.5 year and steam power went down.
I have 2 inline filters for water supply for CC1 (OMB934XF Omnipure (OMB934-10) 10"x2.5" Carbon Block 10 Micron Filter, AF-10-3000 Aries (AF-10-3000) 10"x2.5" Water Softening Clear Body Filter) that I replace every 4-6 months.
I do required descaling for CC1 every 4-6 months as well.
I saw many complains about CC1 can't produce good steam or not as good as other with dedicated boiler can.
Regular descaling didn't help much.
So I went with extra step - took Steam Boiler block out and open it.
Take a look at pics before and after cleaning was done.
g+ pics

IMPORTANT !!!
I must caution you that soaking the steam block can damage the heating element inside. The top of the steam boiler (where the heating element exits the block) should never get wet. Heating elements have a wire inside that gets hot. There is a filter material (magnesium oxide) between this wire and the outside cover of the heating element. The ends of the heating element are not water proof. If water gets inside it will be absorbed by the filler material. If the water creates a short between the wire and the outside of the heating element then there could be dangerous voltage on the outside of the steam boiler. Please be very careful.

There are resulting videos that show how CC1 can steam perfect micro foam:
youtube
youtube
 View Profile Link to this post
DeanOK
DeanOK
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: QM Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Vario W
Posted Thu May 23, 2013, 3:30pm
Subject: Re: Crossland CC1 - how to get perfect steam (video)

That is weird that you have issues. I have never had an issue with the steam on my CC1 and have always considered the steam to be good dry steam. When I descale, I do run descaler through the steam wand as hot water to clean the thermoblock. My only wish is that it was a little more powerful but not bad as it is.  I have had other issues though, the most notable is the fact that my steam wand occasionally will drip water when the machine is warming up.... like 4 oz or so of water.

I just started buying bottled water for my machine that is supposed to be less than 30 PPM of hardness. Actually it is distilled water with two trace minerals added back to the distilled water for taste. I know that people say not to use distilled water, but I am not sure distilled water with minerals added back is considered distilled water.
mikek753

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Thu May 23, 2013, 9:43pm
Subject: Re: Crossland CC1 - how to get perfect steam (video)

hi,

No, I don't have any dripping.
Water in my area has a lot of minerals or calcium. Even softener doesn't help to clean it completely.
I didn't try any bottled water.
I'll think about it.
For now my plan is to descale more often.

Mike.
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Crossland CC1 -...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.326236009598)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+