Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Rocket R58 cloudy water problem
Craft Roasted Coffee
Some days you make the coffee. Other days the coffee makes you.
bit.ly/craftroasting-ks

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Rocket R58...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
dsblv

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Rocket Giotto Evoluzione
Grinder: MACAP MC4
Posted Sun May 19, 2013, 8:59am
Subject: Re: Rocket R58 cloudy water problem

Urnex offers a descaling product called Dezcal.  It's available online if you don't have a vendor nearby that sells espresso machines.  Dezcal comes in individual packets so you know how much to use and it offers proven performance.

You mentioned that you use filtered water with your R58.  Filtered water does not remove minerals that can cause scale.  The typical water filter just removes water contaminates.   Rocket offers a filter packet that is supposed to remove minerals from the water.  The packet drops in the machine's water reservoir and last 6 months.  I use the filter packets with my Rocket Evo and they seem to help prevent scale.  I order the filters from Seattle Coffee Gear.
 View Profile Link to this post
DShef

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Rocket R58 Dual Boiler
Grinder: Macap MC4
Drip: Bodum French Press. No Drip...
Posted Fri May 24, 2013, 7:37pm

I have an R58. Have had two actually. The only time I had cloudy water was when I had a new water filter that had not been flushed long enough. My machine is plumbed in and I am using an in line filter (BWT).
If you left your machine for a while.... was it filled with water from a system with a newish filter before you left it? I would try flushing both boilers and the filter system. If that doesnt work move to descaling. Just my thought. Let me know how you make out. Also... does it affect taste?
Flori

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Fri May 24, 2013, 7:59pm

Been using Durgol and it works very well. You can try that :).

Flori
Blogger, Coffeeloversofworld.com
iroast

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Fri Jun 7, 2013, 8:38am

Hi all,

I used 2 tablespoons of citric acid for my 3-liter tank and that cleared up the cloudy water issue. However, it had an adverse affect...chrome flakes are now coming out of the grouphead and hot water dispenser. I've flushed through 4 tanks already. Will keep trying until I don't see anymore flakes.
SStones
SStones
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Giga 5, ECM Giotto, Rocket...
Grinder: Anfim Milano-Best
Vac Pot: No  :(
Drip: Some $30 thing from Walmart
Roaster: I buy pre-roasted.
Posted Fri Jun 7, 2013, 6:28pm

Take off the showerface and gasket so that the chrome can escape easily. Do a couple more flushes. All's well.
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Rocket R58...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.340306997299)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+