Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Bezzera owners thread
Don't suffer bad espresso
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, VBM, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Bezzera owners...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 34 of 39 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
IB
IB
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Kim Lever, Bezzera BZ07
Grinder: Vario
Posted Mon May 13, 2013, 12:46pm
Subject: leaking at gasket

Yeah the times I have had leaking, it was normally resolved by cleaning the gasket, or just making sure the PF was cranked on tight enough.
A new user might be up-dosing such that it becomes hard to crank it on tight enough.

For cleaning, I got one of these -
Click Here (www.chriscoffee.com)
does a nice job.
 View Profile Link to this post
smico

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Brewtus IIIR, Olympia...
Grinder: Vario, Pharos
Vac Pot: Yama
Drip: Brazen
Roaster: Hottop B2 + HTC
Posted Mon May 13, 2013, 1:25pm
Subject: Re: Bezzera owners thread

Dyqik, I see your point now. I don't know what I was imagining.

Where did you buy the bottomless?

Thanks
sp

Espresso: Bezzera BZ02
Grinder: Bezzera BB004
Posted Mon May 13, 2013, 7:42pm

dyqik Said:

The slots in the PF cannot be causing this problem - they should not be seeing any pressure, as the pressure is all held by the basket and puck, while the outside of the basket is not under pressure.

I do also have problems stopping small leaks around the group gasket on my BZ07, particularly with the stock double basket (in either the stock or my naked PF).  You need a lot more force than you would think to tighten the PF into the group, and I think there might be a small issue with the basket interfering with the shower screen.  You also need to keep the group gasket as clean as possible, and replace it regularly.  I think this is less of an issue with my triple basket that came with the naked PF.

Posted May 13, 2013 link

I had a similar issue on my BZ02, which I'm pretty sure resulted from a backup at the spouts, forcing the flow back up through the grooves. While I backflushed and occasionally soaked the portafilter in detergent, the spouts were constricted by a buildup that wasn't apparent until I stuck a nut pick down its throat and came up with an astonishing wad of gunk. A thorough reaming resolved the problem The theory that there would be no pressure outside the basket would only be correct if there is no downstream stoppage. Needless to say, I'm alot more careful now about my cleaning routines.
dyqik

Espresso: Bezzera BZ07 PM
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso Preciso...
Vac Pot: Cona D
Drip: Bona-Vita, CCD, Aeropress.
Roaster: Gene Cafe, Modded Poppers
Posted Tue May 14, 2013, 7:04am

sp Said:

I had a similar issue on my BZ02, which I'm pretty sure resulted from a backup at the spouts, forcing the flow back up through the grooves. While I backflushed and occasionally soaked the portafilter in detergent, the spouts were constricted by a buildup that wasn't apparent until I stuck a nut pick down its throat and came up with an astonishing wad of gunk. A thorough reaming resolved the problem The theory that there would be no pressure outside the basket would only be correct if there is no downstream stoppage. Needless to say, I'm alot more careful now about my cleaning routines.

Posted May 13, 2013 link

Sure, it's possible to get a leak that way, but it should be pretty obvious on removing the basket - is there light coming in through the spouts! That's not really anything wrong with the machine ;)
dyqik

Espresso: Bezzera BZ07 PM
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso Preciso...
Vac Pot: Cona D
Drip: Bona-Vita, CCD, Aeropress.
Roaster: Gene Cafe, Modded Poppers
Posted Tue May 14, 2013, 7:05am

smico Said:

Dyqik, I see your point now. I don't know what I was imagining.

Where did you buy the bottomless?

Thanks

Posted May 13, 2013 link

1stline I think - they carry the spares for the Bezzera machines they sell.  I bought a couple of grouphead gaskets at the same time.
1stline
1stline
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Undisclosed
Grinder: Indisclosed
Vac Pot: Bodum Electric
Drip: None
Roaster: None
Posted Tue May 14, 2013, 10:19am

dyqik Said:

1stline I think - they carry the spares for the Bezzera machines they sell.  I bought a couple of grouphead gaskets at the same time.

Posted May 14, 2013 link

Since the launch of our new site in Dec of 2012, it can get quite confusing to find parts, especially since we caryr so many for many different brands. To search for specific Bezzera parts, one can search on this page and the search results should only return what is described.

Sincerely,
Jim Piccinich
Business Partner
1st-line Equipment, LLC
www.1st-line.com

Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/1stline
Twitter: http://twitter.com/1stline
Blog: http://1st-line.blogspot.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/1stlineespresso
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
smico

Posted Tue May 14, 2013, 3:57pm

Thank you all for your help.  The problem started from the day 1.  Will have them work on the space and bottomless.

It is just so strange, compared to my Brewtus, that portafilter needs to be tighten so much.  It is beyond me why they wouldn't make softer gasket.  Otherwise, beautiful machine.

Thanks all again,

Miroslav
CSME9
CSME9
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Bezzera Mitica Top, Spaz...
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky
Drip: Moka Pot
Roaster: BBQ Roaster
Posted Tue May 14, 2013, 5:05pm

Bezzera's are nice looking machines, parts are on the expensive side.
smico

Posted Tue May 14, 2013, 6:12pm

I agree.   It looks so much nicer than my Brewtus IIIR, which is designed in a way that only mama can love it.  Although I wouldn't trade it for Bezzera.
Thanks all.
marrahm

Posted Wed May 15, 2013, 5:20pm

Click Here (www.espressoparts.com)

Try this gasket. I found it to be better than stock even with bottomless.

Also, replace gaskets even on a brand new machine.  I had all kinds of leakage problems until I realized that machine had been sitting at distributor for a long time before delivery. New soft gasket made a ton of difference.

I've tried many different ones. This is the best I've found and the price is right with free shipping from EP.  Its not conical so don't worry about that.

Good luck
Mike
showing page 34 of 39 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Bezzera owners...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.392609119415)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+