Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Brewtus rotary upgrade from a retailer that never replies?
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Brewtus rotary...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
Author Messages
petter

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Brewtus II
Grinder: La Cimbali Junior
Drip: Techni Vorm MoccaMaster GCS
Posted Tue May 7, 2013, 5:31pm
Subject: Brewtus rotary upgrade from a retailer that never replies?

For some time i've been planning to upgrade my plumb in Brewtus II to rotary version.
As it would be cheaper to upgrade it myself with a rotary kit instead of selling it and buying a new one.

In october last year a contacted a well known US coffee retailer about a rotary upgrade kit after making contact with them over a brewtus user group. They supplied me with part numbers and pricing and I placed the order for $350 + shipping after some correspondence.
After a month they told me they had all parts availalbe but was unable to ship outside US so I gave them an alternative US shipping address which was ok with them.
Another month went and so did xmas and suddenly theres a price update on some components which will take a week or so.
After that both me and my US friend tried to reach them but they have never bothered to get back.

Through out January, February, March and now in May we both have sent emails to sales people, customer service manager, tech manager but they just dont seem to care anymore. No replies, no bounces, nothing.

Is this typical behavior for them you think, can it be that there is a serious management problem or are they closing the shop and dont care to tell their customers?

How hard can it be to either let me make my $350 payment and ship my order or just tell me to my face that they simply just dont want to do business with me.

:(
 View Profile Link to this post
johnboddie

Espresso: MCAL, Brasilia Mini Classic,...
Grinder: Rossi RR45a,Rocky,...
Drip: Cuisinart (non-grinding)
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Tue May 7, 2013, 6:36pm
Subject: Re: Brewtus rotary upgrade from a retailer that never replies?

If you paid with a credit card, contact your card company's fraud unit.

"if at first you don't succeed, try again. Then give up - no sense being a damn fool about it." - W.C. Fields
OttoMatic

Espresso: Brewtus IV-R
Grinder: Mahlkönig K30 Vario,...
Drip: Capresso MT500+
Roaster: Cast iron dutch oven
Posted Tue May 7, 2013, 7:45pm

If this is who I think it is, I have to say that I'm surprised that they are ignoring you -- that has not been my experience.  Are we missing something here?
petter

Posted Wed May 8, 2013, 12:26am

I have not yet paid so there are no money involved. Their last contact with us was in late december regarding price updates which would take at least over the new year to get. Since then it have been absolutely silent from them.

@OttoMatic
Yes, it's probably the one you are thinking about which is why I'm so disappointed. They have such a good reputation and it would be suffice with an email update. They either want to sell me their $350 upgrade or they don't - thats ok. But if only they would tell me.

Just read that they have BBB accreditation so perhaps that would be the proper approach.
calblacksmith
calblacksmith
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Wed May 8, 2013, 3:54am

I suppose that legally I could be wrong but if you do not have a written contract and if no money has changed hands then there is no obligation on either of your parts to continue with this transaction.

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
petter

Posted Wed May 8, 2013, 5:28am

calblacksmith Said:

I suppose that legally I could be wrong but if you do not have a written contract and if no money has changed hands then there is no obligation on either of your parts to continue with this transaction.

Posted May 8, 2013 link

You are right, there are no obligation from either part - though some common courtesy would have been nice from a company with such undisputed reputation.
OttoMatic

Posted Wed May 8, 2013, 5:44am

Oh, I thought you paid already...

Did you try calling them directly?  I have called them many times, and aside from having to hold for a while sometimes, they have never failed to answer the phone.  I have also dealt with them through email, which can be a little spotty.  They could improve in that regard, especially if it's an oddball thing, which yours might be.  I had to call them to follow up one email issue because they never got back to me (it was a rattling issue with my Brewtus, which I'd created a video for, posted to YouTube, etc.  Maybe when they get something that's off the beaten path, they don't know what to do with it).

Good luck!
frcn
frcn
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Double
Grinder: Mazzer Kony, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario, 2 Cory pots, 1 Cory...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Bunn A10 mod...
Roaster: computer controlled Hottop,...
Posted Wed May 8, 2013, 8:52am

A mis-typed e-mail filter can be blocking your messages. Give them a phone call and ask them why they have not replied. Then go from there.

Visit My Website
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
petter

Posted Thu May 9, 2013, 12:49pm

I recieved a very nice email today from their customer service manager where he explained the situation and their strive to help me out the very best they can.

It feels much better now and I hope it all work out as good as they are trying.
OttoMatic

Posted Thu May 9, 2013, 9:48pm

So, just curious....   What was it that prompted them to reply all of a sudden?  

Did you call?

Did someone at WLL see this thread?

Did they just happen to finally bump into an old email from you?  

Something else?

Overall, I've never had a problem with them.  Some phone reps are better than others, but I've made a handful of orders with them, returned an espresso machine for a different model and received free stuff from their rewards program.  All in all, they are a competent outfit with good customer service and a high level of expertise.  And I'm sure they don't want any negative press here at CG.
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Brewtus rotary...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.39622592926)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+