Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Crossland CC1 PID issue
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Crossland CC1...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
bure82

Posted Fri May 3, 2013, 2:39am
Subject: Crossland CC1 PID issue

So I have my cc1 for about 1.5 yrs now and has been great until now.  I usually set my cc1 to turn on on a timer in the morning to warm the machine up.  Recently, the PID is going out of wrack.  I set my temp to 201 but it will continue to heat up until the HH error hit.  Some days it is ok and some day the PID just doesnt control the temp.  Today, the temp just went too high and hit the HH error and i couldnt even use it.  Anyone help me out here?
 View Profile Link to this post
CMIN

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Posted Fri May 3, 2013, 4:10am
Subject: Re: Crossland CC1 PID issue

Did you ask Bill (Crossland)? HH error is if the machine is overheating, dumb question but you have enough water in the tank? Here's a vid troubleshooting it Click Here (blog.seattlecoffeegear.com) . Can you try using the machine manually without the timer and see if it works fine.
bure82

Posted Fri May 3, 2013, 4:49am

ya i read about the hh error already.  I am hoping for Bill to see my post here too because last time i had a problem he did help me out.  Plenty of water in the tank and boiler.  I am just preheating the machine and what it is happening here is that it doesnt recognize the set temp of 201 and just keep boiling until it gets too hot and HH error comes and stop the machine. I never knew there is a manual method.  I think there's a malfunction with the pid, not sure if i can reset it to factory and fix the problem or not
CMIN

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Posted Fri May 3, 2013, 4:51am

bure82 Said:

ya i read about the hh error already.  I am hoping for Bill to see my post here too because last time i had a problem he did help me out.  Plenty of water in the tank and boiler.  I am just preheating the machine and what it is happening here is that it doesnt recognize the set temp of 201 and just keep boiling until it gets too hot and HH error comes and stop the machine. I never knew there is a manual method.  I think there's a malfunction with the pid, not sure if i can reset it to factory and fix the problem or not

Posted May 3, 2013 link

I meant manual as in just turning on the machine yourself and not the timer. You can email/call Crossland vs waiting to see if Bill see's this. http://www.crosslandcoffee.com/
billc

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: CC1 - GS - GS3 - GB5
Grinder: Baratza - Mazzer-Marzocco
Drip: My own Creation
Posted Fri May 3, 2013, 5:45am

I am away this weekend but please PM me and lets get this sorted.

Bill
bure82

Posted Fri May 3, 2013, 3:59pm

thanks bill.  i turned on the machine for an hr just now and no issue.  This seems to only happen from time to time.  I will let you know next time I have the same issue again

Thanks
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Crossland CC1...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
The Coffee Project
Home coffee Roasting equipment, green beans, and supplies
www.coffeeproject.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.390038013458)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+