Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
La Nuova Era Cuadra Owners Thread
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > La Nuova Era...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 97 of 129 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
cuznvin

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013, 12:31pm
Subject: Re: La Nuova Era Cuadra Owners Thread

JJC Said:

And I should note that another one of the problematic posters on the BDB thread is Cuznvin.

Posted April 26, 2013 link

Thanks for pointing that out!! All I did was agree with him
 View Profile Link to this post
pfn

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra II
Grinder: KA Proline w/ Mazzer Mini...
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013, 12:33pm

kajitox Said:

Ahhh an excellent question... I hate pouring that thing out for a half hour every day since it drips so slowly from under the plastic drip tray... you were thinking of taking the insert out... would the top fit nicely, though, if you did? Could you instead caulk the gap between the plastic insert and the metal bottom (after thoroughly drying it, that is)?

This and the forward leaning cup tray (whose idea was that?) are the only things that confuse my about my machine.

You could caulk up the insert to the tray, but the gap between the outer tray and the inner pan is so big that you'd have to use a ton of sealant and that would make it next to impossible to remove/replace if ever desired. The bead would also be highly visible, rather than in a few corners and the bottom hole of the shell.

As far as I can tell, haven't really checked, the top of the drip tray does not rest on the plastic liner, so fit should be no issue with the insert removed.

Yeah, the front of the warming tray is an annoyance, I'm tempted to take it with me to home depot and look for a nice, complementary cabinet handle to add a front lip. My heavier cups don't move, but my lighter items are starting to vibrate off the front...

[edit: mistake drip => warming tray]
JJC
JJC

Espresso: Breville 900Xl, Saeco...
Grinder: Compak K3
Roaster: Behmor, Nesco
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013, 12:33pm

pfn,

As far as I can tell there is hardly any moderation of these forums.

And I have been unable to find any way to contact a moderator.
slybarman
slybarman

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013, 12:35pm

JJC Said:

pfn,

As far as I can tell there is hardly any moderation of these forums.

Go away please. I have contacted the site administrator and asked for this thread to be cleaned.
Iluvdabean
Iluvdabean

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra/Gaggia...
Grinder: Baratza Preciso/K-A Pro...
Drip: Bonavita BV 1800 TH
Roaster: Nesco 1010/Behmor 1600
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013, 12:38pm

Yeah I emailed them and let them handle it. It was an honest communication on machine comparrison.
 View Profile Contact via ICQ Link to this post
JJC
JJC

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013, 12:47pm

Mr Bean,

That was only the most recent of your posts.

I didn't want to burden the members here with the huge number of posts you have made on the BDB thread.

A quick perusal of your profile shows that a majority of your posts are on the BDB owners thread when you are not an owner or potential owner.
slybarman
slybarman

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013, 1:06pm

JJC Said:

A quick perusal of your profile shows that a majority of your posts are on the BDB owners thread when you are not an owner or potential owner.

To the best of my knowledge that is not one of the forum rules or a requirement to post in a thread provided the post is on-topic - which yours are not. So again, either talk about the Cuadra or GTFO.

Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
dana_leighton
dana_leighton
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Isomac Relax; Caferina...
Grinder: Macap MXK; Baratza Vario-W;...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: Technivorm; CCD; Melitta
Roaster: Poppery I w/PID controller
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013, 1:32pm

JJC Said:

You can see a list of the moderators here. Mote that JonR10 and IMAwriter are no longer moderators.

We are monitoring these threads, but thus far the closest to a violation has been some mild personal attacks. Nothing we have felt compelled to act on yet, but we will if a rule is broken.

Cheers,
Dana

Dana Leighton - Espresso hack and CoffeeGeek moderator
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
JJC
JJC

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013, 1:40pm

Dana Leighton,

Thanks for the link!

And for the clarification on your moderating.

For the record, it is my intent going forward to only post here with copy and pastes of Iluvadabean's off topic posts on the BDB forum. Since they often mention the Cuadra, they may even be on topic here.

I really hope that I won't need to do any of those posts because I get no pleasure from messing up other threads.
888RP

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Cuadra
Grinder: Vario
Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013, 1:48pm

JJC Said:

Dana Leighton,

Thanks for the link!

And for the clarification on your moderating.

For the record, it is my intent going forward to only post here with copy and pastes of Iluvadabean's off topic posts on the BDB forum. Since they often mention the Cuadra, they may even be on topic here.

I really hope that I won't need to do any of those posts because I get no pleasure from messing up other threads.

You realize if you start actively trolling this thread.. People will most likely actively troll your thread and the end result will be the exact opposite of what you apparently seek to accomplish. Stop starting Sh*t and ignore the stuff you don't like... Starve trolls = optimal strategy.
showing page 97 of 129 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > La Nuova Era...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.440540075302)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+