Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Breville Dual Boiler BES900XL Owners Thread
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Breville Dual...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 195 of 256 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
jchung
jchung
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Baby Twin, Breville...
Grinder: Baratza Encore, Breville...
Posted Wed Apr 24, 2013, 3:28am
Subject: Re: Breville Dual Boiler BES900XL Owners Thread

PacoPackaPucka Said:

I'm interested in ordering a BDB from BBB (Bed Bath Beyond).  BTW for anyone else considering doing the same, it seems they will give their one-item 20% discount on the BDB - even though some or all of their coupons state that the coupon can't be used on Breville products.

thanks
Bill

Posted April 23, 2013 link

Bill... I'm assuming they let you use the one-item discount only in-store? I have a 20% off discount coupon and it says excludes Breville. I might have to try it if my BDB on order from WLL gets delayed again.

Joo
 View Profile Link to this post
MattOwn

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Looking
Grinder: Vario
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos
Drip: Aeropress
Posted Wed Apr 24, 2013, 5:23am

Trolls and Billy Goats, lets carefully put our demitasse cups of double ristretto down, and slowly back away. Above or below the bridge, we are just talking about coffee.

Iluvdabean Said:

Have you considered the La Nuova Era Cuadra,Im loving mine.

one final thought this is a lot of money your spending and the choice is yours,choose wisely and
know all your options. Also I couldn't email you since your address isn't valid.

Posted April 23, 2013 link

Thanks for the suggestion. I had not considered the La Nuova Era Cuadra. It does look like a viable candidate. Can you suggest a good, authoritative review? eh never mind. I'll come troll the Cuadra forum and see what I can learn. My email reflects my clever attempt to protect myself from automated email nets. Remove indicated sections.

jchung Said:

Bill... I'm assuming they let you use the one-item discount only in-store? I have a 20% off discount coupon and it says excludes Breville. I might have to try it if my BDB on order from WLL gets delayed again.

Joo

Posted April 24, 2013 link

I was not aware of the back-order status at WLL. They must have sold out with their sale ($1127 if memory serves) earlier this month. It has been over a week since I talked to SCG, so I don't know what there supply looks like. I did talk to someone at BBB. I was told the BDB is not stocked in any stores, even though the website would lead you to believe it is. I too, had hoped to use a 20% coupon. Haven't yet tried to place an online order though, to test it. Good luck.
jchung
jchung

Posted Wed Apr 24, 2013, 6:58am

MattOwn,

Unfortunately, due to WLL's policy of placing the availability of their products as "in stock" in advance of their anticipated shipment from the manufacturer/distributor, you really can't trust the website. I've called them 3 separate times to confirm that the BDB is still backordered while the website says it is "in stock".

Right now the ETA is 4/26 on my order but the website still says "in stock". If it gets delayed again... I'll probably walk into a BBB and see if they will accept the 20% off coupon and have it shipped to my house.

Joo
cuznvin

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Wed Apr 24, 2013, 7:05am

jchung Said:

MattOwn,

Unfortunately, due to WLL's policy of placing the availability of their products as "in stock" in advance of their anticipated shipment from the manufacturer/distributor, you really can't trust the website. I've called them 3 separate times to confirm that the BDB is still backordered while the website says it is "in stock".

Right now the ETA is 4/26 on my order but the website still says "in stock". If it gets delayed again... I'll probably walk into a BBB and see if they will accept the 20% off coupon and have it shipped to my house.

Joo

order from Clive Coffee
jchung
jchung

Posted Wed Apr 24, 2013, 7:45am

cuznvin Said:

order from Clive Coffee

I would except I'm still hoping to get the BDB at the price I'm getting from WLL. Its almost as good as the 20% off from BBB (after factoring in the sales tax and shipping).
cuznvin

Posted Wed Apr 24, 2013, 7:50am

jchung Said:

I would except I'm still hoping to get the BDB at the price I'm getting from WLL. Its almost as good as the 20% off from BBB (after factoring in the sales tax and shipping).

You never know what kind of deal they can give you, plus they are great people
Iluvdabean
Iluvdabean

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra/Gaggia...
Grinder: Baratza Preciso/K-A Pro...
Drip: Bonavita BV 1800 TH
Roaster: Nesco 1010/Behmor 1600
Posted Wed Apr 24, 2013, 7:51am

Matt are you a troll? Are the others on this BDB trolls? Stop with the troll talk already. I think many here are nervous about people
returning these machines,being on third machines,the made in China issue. It makes them hyper sensitive to even a question you raised. Maybe the troll issue is a smoke screen as is the hypersensitivity to discussing the question you rasied. I was only trying to serve your interests. I think I will bug out. I enjoy following this thread from the outside. I dont believe Coffee Geek will turn
your email over to be used by others its just more paranoia. Yes its about coffee...on that point you are right. :)

MattOwn Said:

Trolls and Billy Goats, lets carefully put our demitasse cups of double ristretto down, and slowly back away. Above or below the bridge, we are just talking about coffee.

Thanks for the suggestion. I had not considered the La Nuova Era Cuadra. It does look like a viable candidate. Can you suggest a good, authoritative review? eh never mind. I'll come troll the Cuadra forum and see what I can learn. My email reflects my clever attempt to protect myself from automated email nets. Remove indicated sections.

I was not aware of the back-order status at WLL. They must have sold out with their sale ($1127 if memory serves) earlier this month. It has been over a week since I talked to SCG, so I don't know what there supply looks like. I did talk to someone at BBB. I was told the BDB is not stocked in any stores, even though the website would lead you to believe it is. I too, had hoped to use a 20% coupon. Haven't yet tried to place an online order though, to test it. Good luck.

View Profile Contact via ICQ Link to this post
cuznvin

Posted Wed Apr 24, 2013, 7:57am

Iluvdabean Said:

Matt are you a troll? Are the others on this BDB trolls? Stop with the troll talk already. I think many here are nervous about people
returning these machines,being on third machines,the made in China issue. It makes them hyper sensitive to even a question you raised. Maybe the troll issue is a smoke screen as is the hypersensitivity to discussing the question you rasied. I was only trying to serve your interests. I think I will bug out. I enjoy following this thread from the outside. I dont believe Coffee Geek will turn
your email over to be used by others its just more paranoia. Yes its about coffee...on that point you are right. :)

Thanks Steve!
MattOwn

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Looking
Grinder: Vario
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos
Drip: Aeropress
Posted Wed Apr 24, 2013, 8:09am

jchung Said:

MattOwn,

Joo

I will definitely be interested in hearing if you are successful with BBB and your 20% coupon online. You should be able to get free shipping, but will have to pay tax (unless you are in one of five tax free states). WLL and SCG do have little deal sweeteners that I don't see at Clive, but if you don't want to wait, that might be the best place to go. If you are ok at the $1200 price point, several people on this forum have reported being very satisfied with the service they have gotten at their local Williams-Sonoma and Sur-la-Table, both of which carry the BDB in store.
cuznvin

Posted Wed Apr 24, 2013, 8:16am

MattOwn Said:

I will definitely be interested in hearing if you are successful with BBB and your 20% coupon online. You should be able to get free shipping, but will have to pay tax (unless you are in one of five tax free states). WLL and SCG do have little deal sweeteners that I don't see at Clive, but if you don't want to wait, that might be the best place to go. If you are ok at the $1200 price point, several people on this forum have reported being very satisfied with the service they have gotten at their local Williams-Sonoma and Sur-la-Table, both of which carry the BDB in store.

You need to call retailers such as Clive. Dont go by what you see on their website.. Sur La Table, WS will be useless if you need help with the machine.
showing page 195 of 256 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Breville Dual...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.50679898262)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+