Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Another DB Quickmill
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 9 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
cuznvin

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Mon Apr 22, 2013, 1:06pm
Subject: Re: Another DB Quickmill

The price of this machine on this website minus the 19% tax and converted to dollars is $2271. This is a much more realistic price than $2500..

This same site has the QM67 which when calculated the same way to dollars comes to $1795.93... Pretty darn close to US prices.

Click Here (www.il-mondo-italiano.de)
 View Profile Link to this post
SSgt93

Expertise: I live coffee

Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Mon Apr 22, 2013, 2:07pm

The issue is clearly that with the price being as nice as it is for a DB, the rest of his inventory will sit.
cuznvin

Posted Mon Apr 22, 2013, 2:13pm

The issue is clearly that with the price being as nice as it is for a DB, the rest of his inventory will sit.[

Exactly!!! But that isn't our problem! Lower the prices of "those" other machines....especially the ones with "issues"
Zevi

Espresso: Quick Mill Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Mon Apr 22, 2013, 5:41pm

cuznvin Said:

The price of this machine on this website minus the 19% tax and converted to dollars is $2271. This is a much more realistic price than $2500..
This same site has the QM67 which when calculated the same way to dollars comes to $1795.93... Pretty darn close to US prices.

Posted April 22, 2013 link

There's what we wish for, and there's the cold, hard math. You have to compare apples with apples: you have to multiply your $2271 by the relationship between what CCS sells the QM67 (~ $1900) and your converted European price of the QM67 (~ $1800). It will give you ~$2400. For various reasons Chris does not sell the machines at the converted-from-Euro price: shipping, US-market preparation, parts & service readiness, etc.

Different manufacturers have different agreements/discounts/export prices, and I think we're getting a pretty good deal with QuickMill: look at the R58 from the same German store. Without the 19% and converted from Euro, it "should" cost here only $2368. But the US price is way higher at $2700.

You can't simply take the (tax free) European price, convert it to $ and expect to pay that. Yes, it would be nice, but sometimes reality is not what we wish it to be.

Cheers,
Zevi.
cuznvin

Posted Mon Apr 22, 2013, 5:50pm

Zevi Said:

There's what we wish for, and there's the cold, hard math. You have to compare apples with apples: you have to multiply your $2271 by the relationship between what CCS sells the QM67 (~ $1900) and your converted European price of the QM67 (~ $1800). It will give you ~$2400. For various reasons Chris does not sell the machines at the converted-from-Euro price: shipping, US-market preparation, parts & service readiness, etc.

Different manufacturers have different agreements/discounts/export prices, and I think we're getting a pretty good deal with QuickMill: look at the R58 from the same German store. Without the 19% and converted from Euro, it "should" cost here only $2368. But the US price is way higher at $2700.

You can't simply take the (tax free) European price, convert it to $ and expect to pay that. Yes, it would be nice, but sometimes reality is not what we wish it to be.

Cheers,
Zevi.

Posted April 22, 2013 link

Well that is how I see it. Do you really think if this machine was carried by a retailer here and bought in bulk by that retailer, the price would still be $2500.. I think not. You are also looking at Advertised price. People dont always pay advertised price. In fact, hardly anyone does.
cuznvin

Posted Fri May 3, 2013, 10:47am

DavecUK Said:

Been happily reviewing /testingthe DB Vetrano for a while now......I'm liking it a lot, it will be a shame if you don't get them in the US. A few tiny QC issues I want them to deal with before the UK Retailer orders them, but nothing major.....in fact I've already dealt with most of them myself on the test machine.

Posted April 18, 2013 link

Hey Dave!

Any timeline on the DB Vetrano Review??

Thanks!
DavecUK

Posted Fri May 3, 2013, 10:58am

It will be a little while longer. Have asked QM to do a few things waiting to ensure their going to be done, so that what I write is going to be accurate. Trying to make it the best it can be in terms of the ownership experience. Getting the stuff end users don't see and usually don't think about until there is a problem. The sort of things they need, but don't realise they need. Also checking some design aspects, hydraulic, electrical etc.. to ensure they are good and again not going to cause problems. It's a refreshing change to have a company that's actually listening.

We have an expression in the UK "don't spoil the ship for s ha'peth of tar". This is a very very good machine, BUT, I want it to be the best it can be within it's existing design and that means getting what's there right. If there's a little something that would just right to do, let's put it in, even if it hikes the price a bit. The retailer I am doing the test, review, consultancy for....wants things to be absolutely right (but if that wasn't the case, I would do reviews/design for them).

At least I'm enjoying using it....especially knowing I won't be sending it back.

P.S. I should add that I usually use a machine 3 weeks before writing the review, all my reviews are like that. I don't believe you can trust a review from someone who has had a machine for the afternoon and probably doesn't even understand how it works let alone removed the case. What makes this review different, is I was asked to "breathe" on the design a little.
cuznvin

Posted Fri May 3, 2013, 11:01am

DavecUK Said:

It will be a little while longer. Have asked QM to do a few things waiting to ensure their going to be done, so that what I write is going to be accurate. Trying to make it the best it can be in terms of the ownership experience. Getting the stuff end users don't see and usually don't think about until there is a problem. The sort of things they need, but don't realise they need. Also checking some design aspects, hydraulic, electrical etc.. to ensure they are good and again not going to cause problems. It's a refreshing change to have a company that's actually listening.

We have an expression in the UK "don't spoil the ship for s ha'peth of tar". This is a very very good machine, BUT, I want it to be the best it can be within it's existing design and that means getting what's there right. If there's a little something that would just right to do, let's put it in, even if it hikes the price a bit. The retailer I am doing the test, review, consultancy for....wants things to be absolutely right (but if that wasn't the case, I would do reviews/design for them).

At least I'm enjoying using it....especially knowing I won't be sending it back.

Posted May 3, 2013 link

Awesome.. Thanks!
CSME9
CSME9
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Bezzera Mitica Top, Spaz...
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky
Drip: Moka Pot
Roaster: BBQ Roaster
Posted Fri May 10, 2013, 5:36am

DavecUK Said:

P.S. I should add that I usually use a machine 3 weeks before writing the review, all my reviews are like that. I don't believe you can trust a review from someone who has had a machine for the afternoon and probably doesn't even understand how it works let alone removed the case. What makes this review different, is I was asked to "breathe" on the design a little.

Posted May 3, 2013 link

Coffee

Maybe Chris coffee will ask QM for a test machine to put thru the paces, i am sure there  is interest by users to buy this machine.
cuznvin

Posted Fri May 10, 2013, 6:04am

CSME9 Said:

Coffee

Maybe Chris coffee will ask QM for a test machine to put thru the paces, i am sure there  is interest by users to buy this machine.

Posted May 10, 2013 link

There are. I would buy it. I just don't give my credit card number out without knowing what I'm getting or how much I am paying.
showing page 9 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.457454919815)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+