Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Another DB Quickmill
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 7 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
sharky
sharky
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: QM Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Compak K3 Touch
Posted Mon Apr 15, 2013, 11:07am
Subject: Re: Another DB Quickmill

Well, here is an update on the Vetrano 2B . . . I spoke with Chris at CCS who was in touch with Quickmill, Italy.  He said he can get the machine, but it would be in the $2500+/- range.  It would be more for us Canucks as we would need to pay for the shipping, duty, and GST/PST.  For us, it would be around $2800+/-   It looks like a wonderful machine but he said he will not be bringing it to his store, for sale, as he has lots of DB machines.  So for now, it looks like the QM67 is the front runner . . . atleast for me!  YOMV.  I am hoping that DavecUK will be typing up his review on this machine soon . . .
 View Profile Link to this post
cuznvin

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Mon Apr 15, 2013, 12:45pm

sharky Said:

Well, here is an update on the Vetrano 2B . . . I spoke with Chris at CCS who was in touch with Quickmill, Italy.  He said he can get the machine, but it would be in the $2500+/- range.  It would be more for us Canucks as we would need to pay for the shipping, duty, and GST/PST.  For us, it would be around $2800+/-   It looks like a wonderful machine but he said he will not be bringing it to his store, for sale, as he has lots of DB machines.  So for now, it looks like the QM67 is the front runner . . . atleast for me!  YOMV.  I am hoping that DavecUK will be typing up his review on this machine soon . . .

Posted April 15, 2013 link

That price doesnt fall in line with the price difference between the QM67 and the Vetrano in the European market.

Lots of DB machines but too many from the same manufacturer without much difference between them.
sharky
sharky

Posted Mon Apr 15, 2013, 4:22pm

I'm not sure about the exchange rate to know the difference?  These were the numbers Chris gave me over the phone, but he may adjust the price, who knows?  However, there are alot of differences between the new Vetrano 2B and the QM 67.  However, for $2800+/-  and $1000. more than the QM 67, I don't know if I can justify buying it.  It's beautiful and has all the bells & whistles, but running @ 15amp, it will be under-powered.  The voltage will fluctuate back and forth between the brew boiler & steam boiler.  This machine really needs a 20amp plug-in to work to its potential, IMO.  I don't have that option . . .

cuznvin Said:

That price doesnt fall in line with the price difference between the QM67 and the Vetrano in the European market.

Lots of DB machines but too many from the same manufacturer without much difference between them.

cuznvin

Posted Mon Apr 15, 2013, 4:29pm

sharky Said:

I'm not sure about the exchange rate to know the difference?  These were the numbers Chris gave me over the phone, but he may adjust the price, who knows?  However, there are alot of differences between the new Vetrano 2B and the QM 67.  However, for $2800+/-  and $1000. more than the QM 67, I don't know if I can justify buying it.  It's beautiful and has all the bells & whistles, but running @ 15amp, it will be under-powered.  The voltage will fluctuate back and forth between the brew boiler & steam boiler.  This machine really needs a 20amp plug-in to work to its potential, IMO.  I don't have that option . . .

Any machine I buy will be running on 15 amps. Its OK.. Someone else will bring this machine over and it will be his loss. The QM67 runs at 15 amp and isnt under powered.
Zevi

Espresso: Quick Mill Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Mon Apr 15, 2013, 7:02pm

cuznvin Said:

Actually, I think it does. In my earlier post the estimate was that the 2B will cost about $475+ more than the QM67 (which accounted for the Euro and taxes). This puts it at about $2400. I'd say that Chris' estimated $2500 is close enough. He's probably trying to make a safer estimate, or for whatever reason he cannot shave this extra $100 off the price.
I think your $2200 estimate was a wishful thinking (and believe me, cuz: I was rooting for you!)

As for myself, that resolves my "maybe get the 2B" conflict, and I'm back to consider the QM67 vs. Mini Vivaldi. (but that's probably another thread...)

Cheers,
Zevi

=====
My heart goes out to the Bostonians today...
=====
cuznvin

Posted Mon Apr 15, 2013, 7:11pm

Zevi Said:

Actually, I think it does. In my earlier post the estimate was that the 2B will cost about $475+ more than the QM67 (which accounted for the Euro and taxes). This puts it at about $2400. I'd say that Chris' estimated $2500 is close enough. He's probably trying to make a safer estimate, or for whatever reason he cannot shave this extra $100 off the price.
I think your $2200 estimate was a wishful thinking (and believe me, cuz: I was rooting for you!)

As for myself, that resolves my "maybe get the 2B" conflict, and I'm back to consider the QM67 vs. Mini Vivaldi. (but that's probably another thread...)

Cheers,
Zevi

=====
My heart goes out to the Bostonians today...
=====

Probably because he doesnt want to carry this machine and buy a large number of them. So we get stuck paying more. I will just either wait for someone else to bring the machine in or wait for another machine I am hoping comes to market soon. If not, I will probably get a QM67 from Clive.
sharky
sharky

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013, 8:20pm

I can get the QM67 at a couple Canada retailers for a little more than the US guys.  I can also get them repaired here as well.  But after seeing a photo & video of the Vetrano 2B, I was hoping Chris would look at bringing it on board for sale in N. America.  He said that isn't going to happen!  It's a shame as it is truly a beautiful espresso machine!  However, the QM67 is a great machine and for about $1900, it deserves serious consideration . . .

cuznvin Said:

Probably because he doesnt want to carry this machine and buy a large number of them. So we get stuck paying more. I will just either wait for someone else to bring the machine in or wait for another machine I am hoping comes to market soon. If not, I will probably get a QM67 from Clive.

tdifraia

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: QM67
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Drip: Bunn
Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013, 6:19am

I have had the QM 67 along with a Vario for 2 months now, and I have been very satisfied from day 1. So far no problems with reliability. It never runs out of steam, and I never have to wait for the temps to catch up. I really like having the dual PID to tell me my bearings when Im pulling a shot. I can make adjustments to the temps at the group head as some blends do better at 195 and others at 205 F. Ive had many small parties where I have to make 7 or 8 back to back lattes, and by the time I backwash, get the milk, grind and tamp, the machine temps are easily ready. I was concerned with the smaller boilers, but the powerful heating elements are super fast and eliminate wait times. The only problem I had was when I tried to do a large quantity of milk at once. This dropped the pressure in the steam boiler considerably. I use the standard 2 hole tip and do my milk per drink and it works great. It will do enough milk for 2 drinks, but thats about the limit. Never have problems with sour or bitter drinks because of temps. I have had a few sink shots, but those were caused by the grind quality. I am still a newbie and am still learning how to dial in new blends, and have learned NOT to leave the beans in the hopper for more than 24 hours or they get a little stale, and the grind reflects it considerable. All in all I really like this machine / grinder set up.
cuznvin

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013, 8:39am

tdifraia Said:

I have had the QM 67 along with a Vario for 2 months now, and I have been very satisfied from day 1. So far no problems with reliability. It never runs out of steam, and I never have to wait for the temps to catch up. I really like having the dual PID to tell me my bearings when Im pulling a shot. I can make adjustments to the temps at the group head as some blends do better at 195 and others at 205 F. Ive had many small parties where I have to make 7 or 8 back to back lattes, and by the time I backwash, get the milk, grind and tamp, the machine temps are easily ready. I was concerned with the smaller boilers, but the powerful heating elements are super fast and eliminate wait times. The only problem I had was when I tried to do a large quantity of milk at once. This dropped the pressure in the steam boiler considerably. I use the standard 2 hole tip and do my milk per drink and it works great. It will do enough milk for 2 drinks, but thats about the limit. Never have problems with sour or bitter drinks because of temps. I have had a few sink shots, but those were caused by the grind quality. I am still a newbie and am still learning how to dial in new blends, and have learned NOT to leave the beans in the hopper for more than 24 hours or they get a little stale, and the grind reflects it considerable. All in all I really like this machine / grinder set up.

Posted April 17, 2013 link

Good to know.. Will probably suit my needs just fine..I really dont need a huge machine for one person..
DavecUK

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013, 9:14am

Been happily reviewing /testingthe DB Vetrano for a while now......I'm liking it a lot, it will be a shame if you don't get them in the US. A few tiny QC issues I want them to deal with before the UK Retailer orders them, but nothing major.....in fact I've already dealt with most of them myself on the test machine.
showing page 7 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.450135946274)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+