Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
La Nuova Era Cuadra Owners Thread
Craft Roasted Coffee
Some days you make the coffee. Other days the coffee makes you.
bit.ly/craftroasting-ks

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > La Nuova Era...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 93 of 130 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
slybarman
slybarman
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Mon Apr 15, 2013, 12:57pm
Subject: Re: La Nuova Era Cuadra Owners Thread

1stline Said:

Most likely this part, but the machine needs to be checked with a multimeter.

Posted April 15, 2013 link

Thanks Jim. Per our exchange earlier, I will check it tonight with the mutimeter.
 View Profile Link to this post
Iluvdabean
Iluvdabean

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra/Gaggia...
Grinder: Baratza Preciso/K-A Pro...
Drip: Bonavita BV 1800 TH
Roaster: Nesco 1010/Behmor 1600
Posted Mon Apr 15, 2013, 9:20pm

So I know how to descale with a Gaggia Classic and even backflush with a blind filter basket in it. On this new machine I am going to use Ascaso products .
Backflush seems pretty straight forward. To descale seems pretty straight forward also albeit one small detail. To reach above the water line in the  horizontal boiler
does one lift machine about 30 degrees to left and to right with descaler in boiler to reach the top parts,and leave solution in for a certain amount of time
before running out the hot water and steam wand? Is it ok to run some out through the E61 brew group ? Lastly I thought i saw the descale procedure had been moved out
to every three months. Yes ...no...maybe. Im up to 32 double shot Lattes in 2 weekends and one mid work day off so its not time yet....just asking ahead of time.

I have an email in to Jim at 1st-Line hopefully its on their website I am following 1st-Lines instructions

I got a response from Jim with the information,I think he may have sent it once before,sorry Jim. So I am going with what they say. Awesome and yes I love my machine.
 View Profile Contact via ICQ Link to this post
slybarman
slybarman

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra
Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013, 3:55pm

Ordered a replacement relay from 1st line on Tuesday. Arrived next day (today). Took about 5 minutes to swap out and I am back in business.

1st line has their fulfillment operation down pretty well I would say.

Fingers crossed this relay lasts a bit longer than the original one did.
Iluvdabean
Iluvdabean

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013, 9:30pm

Awesome and thats how it should be, buy a good machine from people who know what they are talking about,who care and stand behind what they sell. Its a long term relationship...a partnership if you will.
Thats why I am going to follow the maintenance schedule they (1st-Line) recommend with the products they recommend. Thats what interested me in an Italian machine with time proven technology and STANDARD PARTS.
There a few others that are like 1st-Line too. These machines have the potential to be around a long time if maintained and repaired when needed.

slybarman Said:

Ordered a replacement relay from 1st line on Tuesday. Arrived next day (today). Took about 5 minutes to swap out and I am back in business.

Posted April 17, 2013 link

Iluvdabean
Iluvdabean

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013, 8:59am

Is the only original E61 Faema design the VIBIEMME ? I heard they own the patent!! Anyone like to address the
La Cuadras E 61 system compared to the original?
1stline
1stline
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Undisclosed
Grinder: Indisclosed
Vac Pot: Bodum Electric
Drip: None
Roaster: None
Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013, 12:01pm

Iluvdabean Said:

Is the only original E61 Faema design the VIBIEMME ? I heard they own the patent!! Anyone like to address the
La Cuadras E 61 system compared to the original?

Posted April 18, 2013 link

Most others have an e61 that are after market. There is an Italian company that makes these after market one for most other companies. Right now, I am not sure who owns the patent. I have visited the Vibiemme facility in Italy, and they do not produce theirs themselves. They are made by someone else to their specifications.

A Cimbali/Faema dealer called here several weeks ago and advised that Cimbali/Faema will be sending letters to all those that reference 'e61' in their products to stop advertising as such. I am not about the validity of this. I have seen some Spanish machines that reference the e61 and noted sometimes as eb61. When inspected closely, there are small differences and I 'believe' these are manufactured by a Spanish after market supplier.

Sincerely,
Jim Piccinich
Business Partner
1st-line Equipment, LLC
www.1st-line.com

Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/1stline
Twitter: http://twitter.com/1stline
Blog: http://1st-line.blogspot.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/1stlineespresso
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
1stline
1stline
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Undisclosed
Grinder: Indisclosed
Vac Pot: Bodum Electric
Drip: None
Roaster: None
Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013, 12:07pm

slybarman Said:

Posted April 17, 2013 link

Thanks. Most orders ship same day. Our new web site is fully integrated with the warehouse, accounting, inventory, and shipping systems. In fact, I think we are better than the big A. The only difference is that since we are in NJ, orders to the west coast can take up to a week to deliver under standard shipping.

Although the Cuadra could be left on all day, this particular relay will take the most wear and tear hits while the machine is powered on all day. This is why I suggest to always power down ANY home machine when not in use, unless you a full commercial high end espresso machine with full size pressurstat. There are only so many click on/click off cycles that any electrical relay or heating element will take before dying.

Sincerely,
Jim Piccinich
Business Partner
1st-line Equipment, LLC
www.1st-line.com

Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/1stline
Twitter: http://twitter.com/1stline
Blog: http://1st-line.blogspot.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/1stlineespresso
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Iluvdabean
Iluvdabean

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013, 1:51pm

I wonder how they will enforce that when so many companies have used that term
for so long?

1stline Said:

Most others have an e61 that are after market. There is an Italian company that makes these after market one for most other companies. Right now, I am not sure who owns the patent. I have visited the Vibiemme facility in Italy, and they do not produce theirs themselves. They are made by someone else to their specifications.

A Cimbali/Faema dealer called here several weeks ago and advised that Cimbali/Faema will be sending letters to all those that reference 'e61' in their products to stop advertising as such. I am not about the validity of this. I have seen some Spanish machines that reference the e61 and noted sometimes as eb61. When inspected closely, there are small differences and I 'believe' these are manufactured by a Spanish after market supplier.

scanfield

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: La Nuovo Era Cuadra
Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013, 2:11pm

Iluvdabean Said:

I wonder how they will enforce that when so many companies have used that term
for so long?

They definitely have an uphill battle enforcing any kind of trademark on the term "E61". Patents are a non-issue as well as the 61 refers to the original patent which was filed in 1961. Any patent protections expired a long time ago.
888RP

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Cuadra
Grinder: Vario
Posted Fri Apr 19, 2013, 7:19am

So i've been using my Cuadra for about a month and absolutely love the machine. I generally turn it on in the morning before getting ready for work. In normal course ie. i flick the switch in the morning and the heat pump engages, in 15-20 min the grouphead hits a temp of 200ish. I have noticed that in the 20ish days i've had the machine, that there have been 4 or 5 times where i have turned the machine on (water resevoir is full) and it hasn't engaged the heat pump and then 20ish minutes later the grouphead is only at a temp of about 165. After i engage the pump and flush the grouphead the temp will go from 165 to a temp of 200ish.

Any idea why this could happen or suggestions on how to prevent this from happenning and has this damaged my machine at all?

Thanks!
showing page 93 of 130 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > La Nuova Era...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.446681022644)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+