Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Upgrade to Dream T / Mini E - Completely Worth It
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Upgrade to Dream...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 10 of 10 first page previous page
Author Messages
CarloM

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Vetrano V2B
Grinder: Mazzer Mini-E Type A, SJ...
Drip: Toddy
Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013, 7:54am
Subject: Re: Upgrade to Dream T / Mini E - Completely Worth It

SSgt93 Said:

The wood sides were a big part in the deciding factor for us.  Without them, it looks too commercial,; with the sides, just amazing.  You get that whole Italian style with gorgeous curves.  Glad I am going with the Vivaldi Mini as well.  Love the chrome to it, Ken really has been helpful, and it's cheaper than the Dream, even with the timer (cut a few bucks off of it as well).  

Clive has a $125 certificate when you buy the machine, Ken said you could use that towards the sides if need be.  I bet they would sell them afterwards, but I bet they would make you send the machine to them for proper fitment. Not sure on that part, just a thought.

Posted April 17, 2013 link

Cool to hear about being able to apply the discount towards the sides.

Did you get the preinfusion chamber? If so did they charge to install it?

Finally, I'll be interested to see if they ship you the original sides as well. I'd hope so, just in case something happens to the wood sides later it would allow you to put the original sides on.
 View Profile Link to this post
SSgt93

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013, 8:22am

CarloM Said:

Finally, I'll be interested to see if they ship you the original sides as well. I'd hope so, just in case something happens to the wood sides later it would allow you to put the original sides on.

Ken was working late on shipments yesterday (he emailed me at 11pm pacific time! I am central.) so i will talk with him today to place the order.  I am not sure but I think I will ad the pre infusion chamber.  Since the machine has to get shipped to him for the panels, I will probably have him add it. I will make sure the original sides are included, I paid for them!
calehman7

Expertise: Just starting

Grinder: Vario Virtuoso w/ Esatto
Vac Pot: Hario TCA-5
Drip: Hario V60/Bonmac with...
Roaster: Cuisinart Pop Corn Popper
Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013, 8:16pm

CarloM Said:

I'm going to have total wood panel sides envy!

It's too much for me to add up front, but I wonder if Clive would be willing to sell the sides separately at a later date and if they'd be relatively easy to install...

Posted April 16, 2013 link

I had the same question for Clive Coffee and here is how they responded...

"The Vivaldi panels have to be installed here at Clive, but GS/3 panels can be installed by the customer at a later date as long as the machine was originally purchased through Clive Coffee. Please let us know if you have any other questions, or if there's anything else we can do to be of assistance."

I too am looking at the La Spaziale Mini with wood side panels...that would look gorgeous with them.

I think the issue with not being able to sell the Spaz panels later has to do with the backing they put between the machine and the wood panels to prevent cracking from the heating the machine produces. Whereas with the La Marzocco, you just take the two side thumb screws off and the nuts inside and you can easily replace those. Alas, unless you purchase from CC you can't get the wood panels for the La Marzocco. However the glass ones available for this machine also look snazzy!
SSgt93

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013, 9:28pm

calehman7 Said:

I had the same question for Clive Coffee and here is how they responded...

"The Vivaldi panels have to be installed here at Clive, but GS/3 panels can be installed by the customer at a later date as long as the machine was originally purchased through Clive Coffee. Please let us know if you have any other questions, or if there's anything else we can do to be of assistance."

I too am looking at the La Spaziale Mini with wood side panels...that would look gorgeous with them.

I think the issue with not being able to sell the Spaz panels later has to do with the backing they put between the machine and the wood panels to prevent cracking from the heating the machine produces. Whereas with the La Marzocco, you just take the two side thumb screws off and the nuts inside and you can easily replace those. Alas, unless you purchase from CC you can't get the wood panels for the La Marzocco. However the glass ones available for this machine also look snazzy!

Love the wood.  It transforms an industrial looking machine into a piece of art. The shapes on the Spaz are delightful.
JohnLyn
JohnLyn
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldy
Grinder: Vario
Drip: Bonavita
Roaster: Toastess popper
Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013, 10:18am

The wood panels look GREAT. I saw them last year when in Portland. Totally transforms the machine. With wood handles it will be all class all the time. I decided the same as you recently to opt for tried and true mini. I am glad that others are testing out the dream though. Great machine that you will enjoy for years to come..... Wood panel envy...

And if I didn't live in Canada I definitely would have purchased through Clives. What a classy business...
SSgt93

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013, 10:35am

JohnLyn Said:

The wood panels look GREAT. I saw them last year when in Portland. Totally transforms the machine. With wood handles it will be all class all the time. I decided the same as you recently to opt for tried and true mini. I am glad that others are testing out the dream though. Great machine that you will enjoy for years to come..... Wood panel envy...

And if I didn't live in Canada I definitely would have purchased through Clives. What a classy business...

Posted April 18, 2013 link

I really wanted to get the dream, but wish they would have kept more of a classic look.  Since I can get the timer with the mini, it will be perfect.  I really like my experience with Ken at Clive Coffee.  Their website and videos are classy as well. Enjoy your machine!
SSgt93

Posted Fri Apr 19, 2013, 11:19am

CarloM Said:

i ordered the Pre-Infusion and Ken is going to install it when installing the panels. The originals will be coming as well. Finally got around to ordering as I was draining a flooded basement all night. Fun times in the Midwest.
showing page 10 of 10 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Upgrade to Dream...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.441244125366)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+