Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Another DB Quickmill
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
cuznvin

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013, 2:37pm
Subject: Re: Another DB Quickmill

coffeestig Said:

Why would you not buy the QM67?  What has your experience been with it?

Posted March 27, 2013 link

Have you looked at the Vetrano DB? Fit and finish is much nicer.. Rotary pump..
 View Profile Link to this post
CSME9
CSME9
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Bezzera Mitica Top, Spaz...
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky
Drip: Moka Pot
Roaster: BBQ Roaster
Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013, 2:37pm

coffeestig Said:

Why would you not buy the QM67?  What has your experience been with it?

Assuming not much of a price difference between a QM 67 and a Vetrano 2B with rotary pump i would take the 2B based on info i have seen. My experience with the QM 67 ? YMMV-But I had QC issues, and sour shots that wouldn't go away, not because of roast, technique or operator error.
cuznvin

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013, 2:45pm

So looks like the Vetrano Db is about 13 1/3 inches wide, a little over 16 inches high and  18.5 inches deep. According to the QM website, they state 115V. Plumb or 3 LT tank with switch..And external rotary pump adjustment..
CSME9
CSME9

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013, 2:55pm

cuznvin Said:

So looks like the Vetrano Db is about 13 1/3 inches wide, a little over 16 inches high and  18.5 inches deep. According to the QM website, they state 115V. Plumb or 3 LT tank with switch..

Good size, nice looking, rotary pump, tank & plumb, dual meters and other than the unknown price this machine sounds like a good contender...........
CSME9
CSME9

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013, 3:22pm

chriscoffee Said:

Look I can get anything that Quick Mill makes it is not a problem. As the expression goes money talks. For those of you that are interested in the Vetrano DB simply give me a call with your credit card and I will order them for you, provided they are even being manufactured in 110 volt. Once all you anxious buyers call me and I have an idea of how many people are REALLY interested I will call Quick Mill and first be sure they are making them in 110 volt. Then once I have the total and the credit card I will order them for you. Simple.

Chris Nachtrieb, Pres.
Chris' Coffee Service, Inc.

Here are the QM website Vetrano 2B features/stats below.

Click Here (www.quickmill.it)
DST

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia PID
Grinder: Mazzer Mini w/SJ Burrs
Drip: Clever dripper
Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013, 7:28pm

This German store has it priced at 2149EUR incl 19% VAT: Click Here (www.il-mondo-italiano.de)
Without the VAT this would put it at close to $2308USD.
This seems like it's probably a close estimate seeing as how the QM67 sells for about $1824USD from that store and it sells for $1899 at stores in the US. They also sell the regular Vetrano for $1930US w/out VAT and it goes for $1895 here.
cuznvin

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013, 7:36pm

DST Said:

This German store has it priced at 2149EUR incl 19% VAT: Click Here (www.il-mondo-italiano.de)
Without the VAT this would put it at close to $2308USD.
This seems like it's probably a close estimate seeing as how the QM67 sells for about $1824USD from that store and it sells for $1899 at stores in the US. They also sell the regular Vetrano for $1930US w/out VAT and it goes for $1895 here.

There is another online retailer that sells it for 50 euros less than that retailer.. Click Here (www.stoll-espresso.de)
cuznvin

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013, 7:38pm

BTW. I also saw the same retailer selling the r58 for 100 euro more than the vetrano db. http://www.stoll-espresso.de/rocket-r58.html
sharky
sharky

Espresso: QM Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Compak K3 Touch
Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013, 7:52pm

chriscoffee Said:

Look I can get anything that Quick Mill makes it is not a problem. As the expression goes money talks. For those of you that are interested in the Vetrano DB simply give me a call with your credit card and I will order them for you, provided they are even being manufactured in 110 volt. Once all you anxious buyers call me and I have an idea of how many people are REALLY interested I will call Quick Mill and first be sure they are making them in 110 volt. Then once I have the total and the credit card I will order them for you. Simple.

Chris Nachtrieb, Pres.
Chris' Coffee Service, Inc.

OK Chris, you've got my vote!  Nothing like a 'drop ship' on my doorstep!  LOL!  That is one beautiful machine with all the bells & whistles!  Now we need a fair price . . . I am in and I will call you tomorrow!
Warran Lench
cuznvin

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013, 7:54pm

sharky Said:

OK Chris, you've got my vote!  Nothing like a 'drop ship' on my doorstep!  LOL!  That is one beautiful machine with all the bells & whistles!  Now we need a fair price . . . I am in and I will call you tomorrow!
Warran Lench

Yes...fair price!!
showing page 3 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.442753076553)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+