Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Another DB Quickmill
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 61 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
CarloM

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Vetrano V2B
Grinder: Mazzer Mini-E Type A, SJ...
Drip: Toddy
Posted Tue Jul 30, 2013, 12:59pm
Subject: Re: Another DB Quickmill

Wow Dave, that's a great vote of confidence both for the Verona/Vetrano 2B and QM as a company. I'm already in line at CCS but now you've made me really anxious to take ownership of this machine!

Very cool that you're doing your own roasting. I would like to entertain doing that, but I find I'm not knowledgeable enough about bean sources to be able to make the kind of blend I love (right now Black Cat Espresso and Sugar Glider from Intelligentsia). I've tried maybe a dozen espresso blends, from Redbird to Klatch to Vivace, to smaller, local ones like Augie's and Coffee Tomo who roast their own beans. I will try Handsome at some point since it's in L.A. But really I find myself gravitating to the sweet/chocolatey finish that Intelly's blends deliver and I'm not sure how I would achieve that if I roast my own beans.
 View Profile Link to this post
Mort108
Mort108
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Vetrano 2B, ROK
Grinder: Baratza Forte
Roaster: Local
Posted Tue Jul 30, 2013, 1:45pm

CarloM...might give Wrecking Ball Coffee's blend a try, their 1UP espresso...in your general area I believe.
cuznvin

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Tue Jul 30, 2013, 6:59pm

DavecUK Said:

The shots are pretty much the same as a Duetto, Brewtus, Dalla Corte Mini and slightly better than Vivaldi, Mini Vivalidi, Rocket R58....but with one (for me) very important difference which will be in the review and is one of the Key reasons I changed machine..

Posted July 30, 2013 link

Dave .. Do you know why the Bellabarista site has the ECM Technika IV listed and shows a closer look review but yet links to a different review? ALso I see the R58 is coming soon with a closer look review... Did you do that review also?
Shawn12
Shawn12

Espresso: Bezzera BZ07
Grinder: Vario/Virtuoso...
Vac Pot: Yama 5/Balancing Siphon
Drip: Brazen
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Tue Jul 30, 2013, 7:21pm

Any idea if anyone in Canada is going to start carrying the vetrano 2b anytime soon? Looks like the machine for me.   I'm ready to upgrade.
DavecUK

Posted Wed Jul 31, 2013, 3:18am

cuznvin Said:

Dave .. Do you know why the Bellabarista site has the ECM Technika IV listed and shows a closer look review but yet links to a different review? ALso I see the R58 is coming soon with a closer look review... Did you do that review also?

I rarely if ever look at their web site, but just had a look.....no no real idea, it could be an error, it might be internally they thought they were similar, I've only reviewed the ECM  Mechanika III and the Barista (an excellent HX machine)?
There are more machines to review than I have time to do, because they are always being updated and changed. I review as a hobby and a service to the community, not for the money and it takes a long time to do my reviews. This means I try and spend that time on reviewing stuff that interests me (unless I really need to update an existing review). I'm pretty sure the Technika is very similar internally to the Mechanika and a well made and constructed thing, probably a great machine....but I'm not gagging to review one, because...well it's not exactly interesting mechanically to me. I like the company though ECM are quite good and responsive.

As for the Rocket (of course I had one to look at before launch)...I'm not currently producing a review, but will, when I get time to look at the revised machine.
sharky
sharky

Espresso: QM Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Compak K3 Touch
Posted Wed Jul 31, 2013, 7:25am

Shawn12 Said:

Any idea if anyone in Canada is going to start carrying the vetrano 2b anytime soon? Looks like the machine for me.   I'm ready to upgrade.

I had the exact same question, so I sent an e-mail to Chris & this was his response . . .

. . .  "If wants to order them he can, I am not going to tell him he can't However the price I am sure will be considerable higher. I am marketing that machine at as a super value dual boiler machine. Thus the margins are not in it for distributors. Most will not choose to offer it because they will not be alb to make anything on it. I only have 60 coming in with the first batch and really have no intention of even offering it to my distributes especial since I have already sold half of them and they just left Italy a week ago".  

Hopefully, that answers your concern.
Shawn12
Shawn12

Espresso: Bezzera BZ07
Grinder: Vario/Virtuoso...
Vac Pot: Yama 5/Balancing Siphon
Drip: Brazen
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Wed Jul 31, 2013, 8:44am

sharky Said:

I had the exact same question, so I sent an e-mail to Chris & this was his response . . .

. . .  "If wants to order them he can, I am not going to tell him he can't However the price I am sure will be considerable higher. I am marketing that machine at as a super value dual boiler machine. Thus the margins are not in it for distributors. Most will not choose to offer it because they will not be alb to make anything on it. I only have 60 coming in with the first batch and really have no intention of even offering it to my distributes especial since I have already sold half of them and they just left Italy a week ago".  

Hopefully, that answers your concern.

Posted July 31, 2013 link

I just heard back from idrinkcoffee.com. They said check back in 2 weeks they will likely have some.
DavecUK

Posted Wed Jul 31, 2013, 9:18am

Shawn12 Said:

I just heard back from idrinkcoffee.com. They said check back in 2 weeks they will likely have some.

Doubt it, remember they close in August for a months and they can only make so many....The retailer i'm doing the review for is only getting half his order before August and the other half after. I have suggested he does a pre-order option too, because there have been people waiting who might get quite upset if they can't get their hands on one. I also know what they cost and when CC says he is giving you them at a fantastic price...believe me, he is!

I'm so lucky, I have 2 of them ;-)
CarloM

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Vetrano V2B
Grinder: Mazzer Mini-E Type A, SJ...
Drip: Toddy
Posted Wed Jul 31, 2013, 10:35am

DavecUK Said:

Doubt it, remember they close in August for a months and they can only make so many....The retailer i'm doing the review for is only getting half his order before August and the other half after. I have suggested he does a pre-order option too, because there have been people waiting who might get quite upset if they can't get their hands on one. I also know what they cost and when CC says he is giving you them at a fantastic price...believe me, he is!

I'm so lucky, I have 2 of them ;-)

Darn those Europeans and their extended vacations! (I'm only saying this out of jealousy)

In the industry I work in, we deal a lot with European vendors, so I'm very familiar with "we are shutting down for # weeks on this month" type of situations. I'm just hopeful that QM were able to give CCS at least the amount to cover their preorders (which from what Chris was quoted as saying is about half of the total order they placed). I really can't wait to put this machine through its paces.

One thing I'm just slightly concerned about: CCS does a great job putting up English Language instructions for their machines. I'm hoping they've had enough time to do that for the V2B as I imagine the ones that come with the machine may be somewhat lacking (I know my Rancilio factory manual was, but the instructions I received from the reseller were much better).

Very excited to hopefully be taking ownership of the machine some time in August (fingers crossed)! CCS has been a joy to work with and they've definitely earned a loyal customer in me for years to come.
cuznvin

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Wed Jul 31, 2013, 10:41am

CarloM Said:

Darn those Europeans and their extended vacations! (I'm only saying this out of jealousy)

In the industry I work in, we deal a lot with European vendors, so I'm very familiar with "we are shutting down for # weeks on this month" type of situations. I'm just hopeful that QM were able to give CCS at least the amount to cover their preorders (which from what Chris was quoted as saying is about half of the total order they placed). I really can't wait to put this machine through its paces.

One thing I'm just slightly concerned about: CCS does a great job putting up English Language instructions for their machines. I'm hoping they've had enough time to do that for the V2B as I imagine the ones that come with the machine may be somewhat lacking (I know my Rancilio factory manual was, but the instructions I received from the reseller were much better).

Very excited to hopefully be taking ownership of the machine some time in August (fingers crossed)! CCS has been a joy to work with and they've definitely earned a loyal customer in me for years to come.

CCS is getting 60 machines...
showing page 61 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.467179059982)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+