Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Another DB Quickmill
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 148 of 148 first page previous page
Author Messages
DavecUK

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Tue Jan 14, 2014, 1:42pm
Subject: Re: Another DB Quickmill

Tonyv138 Said:

it is there

when time comes, you pull those pin followers with the pliers and put new ones in?

Posted January 14, 2014 link

Not quite, you do it like this

http://coffeetime.wikidot.com/e61-group-servicing
 View Profile Link to this post
ECM
ECM
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Quick Mill Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Mazzer Robour E
Vac Pot: French Press
Drip: no
Roaster: Fresh Roast+8,  i-roast and...
Posted Wed Jan 15, 2014, 9:37am
Subject: UE

Quick question for Dave?

On the advice of my vender I turned up my Expansion Valve to avoid some temperature instability I was experiencing.  It turns out the instability was easily dealt with through the PID settings by increasing my I1 from 1.5 up to 3.  Now the veteran sticks to the programmed temp much tighter.  

The fall out from the tightening of the Expansion Valve is that now when I back flush with a blind I'm reading 11-11.5 bars.  Even during a shot it will almost hit the 11 bar mark.  The espresso is tasting too bright for me.  My plan is to open up the Vetrano and loosen the Expansion Valve back a bit.  

My Question is:

If back flushing with a blind filter what should my pressure be reading?  I'm thinking probably 10 rather the 11 it is currently hitting?  In other words, during a shot I would like to see it around 9 or 9.5 at the most.  

Thanks Dave,

Rob
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
DavecUK

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Wed Jan 15, 2014, 6:26pm
Subject: Re: UE

ECM Said:

Quick question for Dave?

On the advice of my vender I turned up my Expansion Valve to avoid some temperature instability I was experiencing.  It turns out the instability was easily dealt with through the PID settings by increasing my I1 from 1.5 up to 3.  Now the veteran sticks to the programmed temp much tighter.  

The fall out from the tightening of the Expansion Valve is that now when I back flush with a blind I'm reading 11-11.5 bars.  Even during a shot it will almost hit the 11 bar mark.  The espresso is tasting too bright for me.  My plan is to open up the Vetrano and loosen the Expansion Valve back a bit.  

My Question is:

If back flushing with a blind filter what should my pressure be reading?  I'm thinking probably 10 rather the 11 it is currently hitting?  In other words, during a shot I would like to see it around 9 or 9.5 at the most.  

Thanks Dave,

Rob

Posted January 15, 2014 link

If it's the rotary Vetrano, brew pressure should be adjusted using the adjuster on the rotary pump. The expansion valve should first be set to around 12 bar against a blind filter with the pump adjuster turned  up gradually until you see water flow out of the expansion valve vent at 12 bar. If it comes out sooner, tighten the expansion valve and carry on.

Once you done that, back off the pump adjuster, until you see 9 bar. Remember there will be a slight hesitation and then a rise as the preinfusion chamber fills, then it will sit at a pressure for a few seconds and then rise another bar or so (due to expansion of water). it's that pressure it sits at for a few seconds before maxing out that you need to be 9 bar.
 View Profile Link to this post
ECM
ECM
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Quick Mill Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Mazzer Robour E
Vac Pot: French Press
Drip: no
Roaster: Fresh Roast+8,  i-roast and...
Posted Thu Jan 16, 2014, 5:15pm
Subject: Re: Another DB Quickmill

Thank you Dave for getting back to me.  

Yes I understand what you are saying but the only item I adjusted was the expansion valve.  I never adjusted the pump pressure.  Therefore, I assume that if I turn the expansion valve back to where it was set when I received the unit then I shouldn't need to play with the pump itself at all.  I guess my question is: what pressure should the Vetrano 2B be set at with the blind filter in place when you engage the pump?

I'm guessing around 10?  This would probably give you a pressure of 9 or 9.5 during an actual real pull using coffee?
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
showing page 148 of 148 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.368714094162)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+