Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Another DB Quickmill
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 19 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
cuznvin

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Sun Jun 16, 2013, 3:17pm
Subject: Re: Another DB Quickmill

DavecUK Said:

Chris made 2 excellent points....order without the lights and you should be biting his hand (or even leg) off at that price!

P.S. If you are wanting a DB machine and you miss out on his introductory offer, you're going to feel pretty bad when you read the reviews.......

Posted June 16, 2013 link

Dave., you can be sure I will be getting this machine. I didnt push for it for fun. The lights dont phase me in the least. They are something that arent on other machines so I like that!
 View Profile Link to this post
cuznvin

Posted Sun Jun 16, 2013, 3:18pm

CarloM Said:

Can't wait for CCS's assessment of the US machine. I am very appreciative of DavecUK's assessment of the 220V variant, but I just want to make sure that the CCS version performs as well and has the changes that Dave has recommended for the European variant.

CCS already said they LOVE the machine!
DavecUK

Posted Sun Jun 16, 2013, 3:36pm

cuznvin Said:

Dave., you can be sure I will be getting this machine. I didnt push for it for fun. The lights dont phase me in the least. They are something that arent on other machines so I like that!

As Chris said, you get your choice, with or without lights, so you cant ask for better than that.

To the person who asked whether heating elements are screw in or Bolt in, they are standard screw in elements.
cuznvin

Posted Sun Jun 16, 2013, 5:09pm

chriscoffee Said:

Enough talk about the lights. All I heard from this thread was you wanted me to bring the machine in. You wanted it at a great price. I am bringing them in and intro pricing them at $2,150.00 on pre orders. Now all you are talking about is the lights. Well call me an place an order and I can order them without the lights, no big deal.  Are you all just window shoppers or serious buyers?

Chris Nachtrieb, Pres.
Chris' Coffee service, Inc.

I agree. People like to focus on non issues.. I wanted this machine and I will take it with the lights since I can just turn them off. It sets this machine apart from the rest.
cuznvin

Posted Sun Jun 16, 2013, 5:14pm

DavecUK Said:

As Chris said, you get your choice, with or without lights, so you cant ask for better than that.

To the person who asked whether heating elements are screw in or Bolt in, they are standard screw in elements.

Not for anything but NS charges something like $275 extra for their LED lights!!
sharky
sharky

Espresso: QM Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Compak K3 Touch
Posted Sun Jun 16, 2013, 8:12pm

Excellent service Chris!  I will be next in line for this machine!  I have yet to see a better machine with all the goods, at this pricepoint!  Well done!  I guess I'll need to sell the Silvia, hehe!  However, I am in Canada, but shipping should not be an issue, no?
germantownrob
germantownrob

Espresso: Duetto 3, A Dead Oscar
Grinder: Vario-W, Preciso w/Esatto,...
Drip: Brazen
Roaster: Diedrich IR-1, HT B
Posted Sun Jun 16, 2013, 9:14pm

chriscoffee Said:

Enough talk about the lights. All I heard from this thread was you wanted me to bring the machine in. You wanted it at a great price. I am bringing them in and intro pricing them at $2,150.00 on pre orders. Now all you are talking about is the lights. Well call me an place an order and I can order them without the lights, no big deal.  Are you all just window shoppers or serious buyers?

Chris Nachtrieb, Pres.
Chris' Coffee service, Inc.

Lmao. Chris I have been buying from you the last five years. I did not ask about this machine coming in, nor do I care to buy it since I bought a Duetto from you a few months ago. I will talk about the lights all I want, and make fun of them all I want! The lights are fugly, they belong in a Saturday night sketch that has a techno beat and was not even funny 10 years ago, Uhn Tiss, Uhn Tiss, Uhn Tiss.

In all honesty you pissed me off Chris! Theses are my Coffee Geek brothers and sisters you just put on the firing line. I owe so much knowledge I have about coffee to CG and would have never have spent the $20g I have spent on coffee gear without this place.
CarloM

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Vetrano V2B
Grinder: Mazzer Mini-E Type A, SJ...
Drip: Toddy
Posted Sun Jun 16, 2013, 11:52pm

cuznvin Said:

CCS already said they LOVE the machine!

Yes but one would hope they love all machines they carry (hence why they carry them and not all other brands). I want to know how this stacks up vs. the Duetto III and Dream T. CCS will be getting my money by late summer. They just need to give me guidance on which machine they will be accepting my money for. And the way to do that is to publish reviews, especially in comparison to other like brands that they carry, i.e. listing strengths vs. weaknesses in comparison with each other.
cuznvin

Posted Mon Jun 17, 2013, 7:39am

CarloM Said:

Yes but one would hope they love all machines they carry (hence why they carry them and not all other brands). I want to know how this stacks up vs. the Duetto III and Dream T. CCS will be getting my money by late summer. They just need to give me guidance on which machine they will be accepting my money for. And the way to do that is to publish reviews, especially in comparison to other like brands that they carry, i.e. listing strengths vs. weaknesses in comparison with each other.

They only have the machine a week and this isnt the only thing they are working on. If you look at the machines they carry, they do not do comparisons to other machines. If you want that look at the videos on SCG. However, they wont be carrying this machine. There will only be a limited supply of these QM machines ordered, so bear that in mind.
CarloM

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Vetrano V2B
Grinder: Mazzer Mini-E Type A, SJ...
Drip: Toddy
Posted Mon Jun 17, 2013, 8:24am

cuznvin Said:

They only have the machine a week and this isnt the only thing they are working on. If you look at the machines they carry, they do not do comparisons to other machines. If you want that look at the videos on SCG. However, they wont be carrying this machine. There will only be a limited supply of these QM machines ordered, so bear that in mind.

Posted June 17, 2013 link

Yeah I think most of us understand they're busy - they run a big business. And yes, I know on their site they don't do direct comparisons, but I'd hope that Chris would be a bit more explicit in forums such as these (as DavecUK is) with regards to his experiences with the machine, more than how much they "love" the machine. I know they love both the Spaz and the Duetto. But I also know that the steam from the Spaz tends to be a bit more powerful and drier, while the 58mm brew group on the Duetto presents some benefits that the Spaz doesn't have. So how about throwing us a bone as to how the Duetto and QM compare? If they're both "loved" machines, without specifics, are they equals? Are they selling equal machines but at $400 price differences? We all want to save money, and so the QM would seem like a no brainer. But so often in life you get what you pay for, so I'd like to know what I'm giving up (if anything) by going with the Vetrano 2B over the Duetto.

Like it or not, busy or not, a huge part of running a successful business is communicating with customers. Forums such as this one, and Home Barista, etc. are where most of their customers congregate. We are the lunatic fringe. Most people out on the street don't even think about getting a $500 espresso machine, let alone a $2000-$2500 machine.

I get that they're busy, I'm willing to wait and give them time to do a comparison.
showing page 19 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.468780994415)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+