Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Another DB Quickmill
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 26 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
chriscoffee

Expertise: Professional

Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 6:54pm
Subject: Re: Another DB Quickmill

Let me explain how I market a new machine and how pre orders work.
#1 I want to get machines in the hands of consumers so they can use the machine and write reviews or post THEIR opinions. I find that consumers like reading consumer reviews. After all they are done by consumers just like yourself, not a vendor who is trying to sell you something.
How do I get them out there? I do videos on the machines and point out the features and how it performs. Next I offer pre order sale price for a number of machines.
#2 How pre orders work? I DO NOT take ANY money until the machine is bench tested and on its way to you from my facility. In addition we do not ship until we first contact you to be sure you have not changed your mind. Thus a pre order is nothing more than a guarantee you have right of first refusal on one of the into priced machines I will offer. One other thing we offer 30 day "Buyers Remorse" if you don't like it send it back.
My father preached a lot of things to me growing up and one of them that I really believe in is, "if you aren't going to do it right don't do it at all. Dave does very nice detailed reviews, I do videos. However I don't just wing it and stumble all over myself when doing one. I have a young man who graduated from Syrucuse with a degree in videography that does my videos. A lot of time goes into using the machine first and accumulating all the specs before we do a video. I just completed one this week on the Faema Carisma I have a full container, 132,  of them leaving Italy the end of this week. That video comes first. We have New precision shower screens for both E61 maachines and LaSpazaile machines plus precision insert baskets for LaSpaziale machine that will arrive the end of next week. Those videos come first since the Vetrano DB will not even be ready to ship until at least mid July.
I appreciate all the excitement but give me a break I am kind of busy and not just sitting around eating bond bonds. About the lights and the slights in the side panels. I have looked very close at them and have made up my mind that I am NOT going to order some machines without the light or without the slits. The slits provided added ventilation and cooling for the PID. Don't turn the lights on if you don't want to see them. If you really hate them and don't want them there, remove them it is very easy to. If you want white ones or green ones by all means order them somewhere and change them out.
We shot some images of the machine yesterday and today. I am going to have some of them put up on our Facebook account tomorrow. The video I hope to get done by end of next week before the new compressor arrives and the new packing machine arrives.

Chris Nachtrieb, Pres.
Chris' Coffee Service, Inc.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
cuznvin

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 6:59pm

JaniceAnn Said:

I trust Chris and Dave too but I don't like the lights.  I don't like them on the Musica either.  The lights on the Dream are nice because they illuminate the working area.

If I decide to order the Vetrano 2B, and I am leaning that way, it will be without the lights.

It is nice that Chris is giving us the choice of the machine with or without the lights.  

I will note that Dave doesn't have them on his machine and said he doesn't think they will be that popular in
England.

Posted June 19, 2013 link

No lights = no slit for added ventilation.....

On the musica you pay $270 more for the lights.

turn them off if you dont like them

these lights will also illuminate the work area.

my point with the musica wasnt whether or not anyone liked them . it was to point out other machines have them
 View Profile Link to this post
cuznvin

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 7:03pm

chriscoffee Said:

#1 I want to get machines in the hands of consumers so they can use the machine and write reviews or post THEIR opinions. I find that consumers like reading consumer reviews. After all they are done by consumers just like yourself, not a vendor who is trying to sell you something.
How do I get them out there? I do videos on the machines and point out the features and how it performs. Next I offer pre order sale price for a number of machines.
#2 How pre orders work? I DO NOT take ANY money until the machine is bench tested and on its way to you from my facility. In addition we do not ship until we first contact you to be sure you have not changed your mind. Thus a pre order is nothing more than a guarantee you have right of first refusal on one of the into priced machines I will offer. One other thing we offer 30 day "Buyers Remorse" if you don't like it send it back.
My father preached a lot of things to me growing up and one of them that I really believe in is, "if you aren't going to do it right don't do it at all. Dave does very nice detailed reviews, I do videos. However I don't just wing it and stumble all over myself when doing one. I have a young man who graduated from Syrucuse with a degree in videography that does my videos. A lot of time goes into using the machine first and accumulating all the specs before we do a video. I just completed one this week on the Faema Carisma I have a full container, 132,  of them leaving Italy the end of this week. That video comes first. We have New precision shower screens for both E61 maachines and LaSpazaile machines plus precision insert baskets for LaSpaziale machine that will arrive the end of next week. Those videos come first since the Vetrano DB will not even be ready to ship until at least mid July.
I appreciate all the excitement but give me a break I am kind of busy and not just sitting around eating bond bonds. About the lights and the slights in the side panels. I have looked very close at them and have made up my mind that I am NOT going to order some machines without the light or without the slits. The slits provided added ventilation and cooling for the PID. Don't turn the lights on if you don't want to see them. If you really hate them and don't want them there, remove them it is very easy to. If you want white ones or green ones by all means order them somewhere and change them out.
We shot some images of the machine yesterday and today. I am going to have some of them put up on our Facebook account tomorrow. The video I hope to get done by end of next week before the new compressor arrives and the new packing machine arrives.

Chris Nachtrieb, Pres.

Thank you so much for chiming in. I was tired of repeating myself.  I am glad the light discussion is over with now. Now the only decision for everyone else is if they want to buy the machine or not.. I am buying it!!
JaniceAnn

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 7:08pm

chriscoffee Said:

Chris Nachtrieb, Pres.

Sounds good to me and I can certainly understand why you don't want to order both with and without the lights.  If they are easy to remove and the remaining slits ventilate the machine that should  work for us all.  Extra ventilation for the PID should be a definite plus.

Thank you for explaining how pre orders work.  That answers the questions I had.

May I say that your videos are very well done, very informative and a pleasure to watch.
CarloM

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Vetrano V2B
Grinder: Mazzer Mini-E Type A, SJ...
Drip: Toddy
Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 7:23pm

Chris - thank you for explaining the process thoroughly. I will be in touch shortly to put my name on that list.

One question: DavecUK mentions that he made a few recommendations for small improvements in the Vetrano 2b. Do you know if his recommended changes are all going to be included in the batch that's being shipped to you?

I just want to make sure I don't buy something in the first big batch, only to have the second batch have a set of improvements that I missed out on. Thanks!
DeanOK
DeanOK
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: QM Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Vario W
Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 7:24pm

chriscoffee Said:

Chris Nachtrieb, Pres.

I don't see how you could be any more fair. I may even consider one myself. Beautiful machine for sure!
germantownrob
germantownrob

Espresso: Duetto 3, A Dead Oscar
Grinder: Vario-W, Preciso w/Esatto,...
Drip: Brazen
Roaster: Diedrich IR-1, HT B
Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 8:17pm

chriscoffee Said:

Chris Nachtrieb, Pres.

Chris I love it!

Also let me apologize. I am sorry, I did not mean to call you out, well i guess i did on a very specific point, when I get a bug up my bum I can be a bear. What I should have made much clearer is CCS is the only place I have ever made any big purchases of coffee or espresso gear. I am big at saying around here that I buy from Chris' because I can count on my 10 min sale to be a competitive price, or better, but it is the years of tech support that I have received, Jason is my man and I owe you all a low and slow BBQ up there one day, that makes sure my purchase will be working. Jason has spent hours emailing me how tos and keeping me up and running. This is service that is priceless in my books.

Chris you run an outstanding business, I only called what I saw, if that was a small part that prompted writing the above then I will bump heads with you any day. Actually after 14 major head concussions in my life I really should lay off the head banging.

Also your preorder practices might be the most amazing I have seen. Yell I paid for a Diedrich roaster in full 9months before I ever saw it, ok not exactly a pre order and more a build to order but I have done plenty of pre order as well. This is a example that being proven wrong is a very good thing.
chriscoffee

Expertise: Professional

Posted Thu Jun 20, 2013, 5:01am

The only other thing Dave an I discussed was PID settings. That is no big deal we bench test every machine so we can set them accordingly. There are better settings if in 15 amp mode vs 20 amp. A little more aggressive setting in 15 amp mode performs better. It is not needed in 20 amp mode. We have all the settings.

Chris
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
CSME9
CSME9

Espresso: Bezzera Mitica Top, Spaz...
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky
Drip: Moka Pot
Roaster: BBQ Roaster
Posted Thu Jun 20, 2013, 5:11am

chriscoffee Said:

Chris Nachtrieb, Pres.

Chris is correct, that is exactly how it worked for me when I have pre ordered from CCS. My CC was not charged until machine shipped to me. They also have a very good buyers remorse program if you are not 100% satisfied. You really cant go wrong.

WS
CarloM

Espresso: Vetrano V2B
Grinder: Mazzer Mini-E Type A, SJ...
Drip: Toddy
Posted Thu Jun 20, 2013, 8:32am

chriscoffee Said:

The only other thing Dave an I discussed was PID settings. That is no big deal we bench test every machine so we can set them accordingly. There are better settings if in 15 amp mode vs 20 amp. A little more aggressive setting in 15 amp mode performs better. It is not needed in 20 amp mode. We have all the settings.

Chris

Posted June 20, 2013 link

Thanks Chris! I went back and re-read earlier posts in this thread and somewhere between pages 10-15 Dave said that he believed his minor recommendations should be implemented by the time machines are shipped to the U.S., so I'm hoping that held true.
showing page 26 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.446189165115)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+