Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Another DB Quickmill
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 138 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
ECM
ECM
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Quick Mill Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Mazzer Robour E
Vac Pot: French Press
Drip: no
Roaster: Fresh Roast+8,  i-roast and...
Posted Fri Nov 1, 2013, 7:05am
Subject: Re: Another DB Quickmill

I am on the waiting list for the ned instalment of the V2B from CCS.  All of this has got me feeling a bit nervous in purchasing this unit.  

Has anyone heard back from CCS yet concerning this issue?
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
JaniceAnn

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Fri Nov 1, 2013, 7:11am

ECM Said:

I am on the waiting list for the ned instalment of the V2B from CCS.  All of this has got me feeling a bit nervous in purchasing this unit.  

Has anyone heard back from CCS yet concerning this issue?

Posted November 1, 2013 link

I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and was told it was probably air in the lines and that they would be contacting Quick Mill about it.  I haven't heard anything else.

I am hoping that since they now have a recording of the sound, we will get a quick response.

I researched machines for about three months and am not feeling too comfortable with my choice right now.  I do wish we would hear something back from CCS.  I am getting a little hesitant to lift the lever because of the GRR
noise.  I know that is silly but it does bother me when I don't think it should be making that noise.

If anyone hears anything from CCS, please post it so we can all read it.

Thanks!
 View Profile Link to this post
DavecUK

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Fri Nov 1, 2013, 8:00am

DeanOK Said:

I leave my machine on days at a time. The longer it sets without being used, the worse the noise is. If I use it a few times a day. it does not make the strange noise. Once I left it on for more than two days without using it and when the pump came on to fill the steam boiler, it did not fill with water and the pump did not shut off...until I raised the handle on the group.

Posted October 31, 2013 link

With ANY machine, I would recommend running it even for 10 seconds a once or twice during the day. Leaving it on for days without running the pump.....probably not a great idea.
ECM
ECM

Espresso: Quick Mill Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Mazzer Robour E
Vac Pot: French Press
Drip: no
Roaster: Fresh Roast+8,  i-roast and...
Posted Fri Nov 1, 2013, 9:51am

Yes I understand your situation... I would be feeling the same thing.  

In terms of other units in this price range the only other one that comes to mind is the Duetto III.  If not that one then a GS3 but that adds another 2500 to the price.  I guess I will wait and see what happens here before I make any rash decisions.  I'm wishing I never sold my GS3 now.  

Rob
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Markarian
Markarian

Espresso: ECM Technika IV Profi WT-WC
Grinder: Baratza Forte AP, HG One
Vac Pot: Bunn Trifecta MB
Drip: Moka, Aeropress, Hario V60
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Fri Nov 1, 2013, 9:55am

Can somebody explain how a thread that was a simple announcement of a new machine from Quick Mill in March turned into a 138 page megathread? I've been wondering this for months.
JaniceAnn

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Fri Nov 1, 2013, 10:00am

Markarian Said:

Can somebody explain how a thread that was a simple announcement of a new machine from Quick Mill in March turned into a 138 page megathread? I've been wondering this for months.

It has really covered a lot of ground.

Marx Brothers from Duck Soup had a line saying: Say you cover a lot of ground. You better leave.  I hear that they are going to tear you down and put up an office building where you are standing.  This was said to Margaret Dumont who responded with her usual look of what the hell do I say now.  I realize this has nothing to do with the thread but when I thought about it covering a lot of ground it reminded me of the line from the movie.

We have covered a lot of subjects on the machine and now are to the GRR sound problem and what is causing it.

Stay tuned for more!
cuznvin

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Fri Nov 1, 2013, 10:09am

ECM Said:

In terms of other units in this price range the only other one that comes to mind is the Duetto III.  If not that one then a GS3 but that adds another 2500 to the price.  I guess I will wait and see what happens here before I make any rash decisions.  I'm wishing I never sold my GS3 now.  

Rob

loving my mini vivaldi!
pShoe

Posted Fri Nov 1, 2013, 10:35am

cuznvin Said:

loving my mini vivaldi!

I know you started this thread, and untimely went with the Vivaldi. Based on how closely you are monitoring this thread I think deep down you are wondering if you should have gone with the V2B. This is just based on the quoted post and the one where you made the comment about how annoying the sound must be. You seem to show up now when something negative is said. Maybe you do it to justify your purchase, or reassurance. In any case, there is nothing wrong with the vialdi.

I only heard the sound a few times, including once when I was messing with the lever positions and it hasn't made the noise in weeks. More importantly, it has no impact of the quality of espresso. There are other options out there, but there are too many improvement found in the V2B that similar priced, or even slightly higher priced machines lack. The more I use the V2B the happier I am with it. I don't feel there is a better machine on the market right now in it's price range.
cuznvin

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Fri Nov 1, 2013, 10:40am

pShoe Said:

I know you started this thread, and untimely went with the Vivaldi. Based on how closely you are monitoring this thread I think deep down you are wondering if you should have gone with the V2B. This is just based on the quoted post and the one where you made the comment about how annoying the sound must be. You seem to show up now when something negative is said. Maybe you do it to justify your purchase, or reassurance. In any case, there is nothing wrong with the vialdi.

I only heard the sound a few times, including once when I was messing with the lever positions and it hasn't made the noise in weeks. More importantly, it has no impact of the quality of espresso. There are other options out there, but there are too many improvement found in the V2B that similar priced, or even slightly higher priced machines lack. The more I use the V2B the happier I am with it. I don't feel there is a better machine on the market right now in it's price range.

If you would have read the quote I was responding to you would know why I responded with my comment. Ask clive coffee or chris which machine he thinks is better..
Why would you call my decision "untimely"? You have no idea how long I took to make my decision.. I also see comments here about people possibly returning their machine. I dont need to justify my purchase, but it seems you do!
DeanOK
DeanOK

Espresso: QM Vetrano 2B
Grinder: Vario W
Posted Fri Nov 1, 2013, 10:41am

ECM Said:

Rob

I am sure the GS3 is more machine than the V2B... so from that perspective, I wouldn't compare the two machines. With that said, I consider this noise to be a small deal..., similar to buying a new car that has a rattle. If I never get it fixed I will still enjoy my machine. But I think this will turn out to be an easy fix as soon as someone takes the time to figure out what is causing it. In the mean time, I am enjoying the machine and the shots it produces. If the V2B is in your budget range and the GS3 is not, then I would still consider it a smart purchase. In my case, if I were to use my machine more often, the noise would not even occur. Even when I have the two seconds of noise, it is still much quieter than a vibe machine. I think the biggest reason most of us buy a rotary machine is to get the quiet pump... so it is natural that everyone would notice an extra noise they were not expecting.
showing page 138 of 148 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Another DB...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Great Espresso at Home
Curated selection of the best machines from La Spaziale, Izzo, Quick Mill, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.468019962311)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+