Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Where to buy my next machine?
Craft Roasted Coffee
Some days you make the coffee. Other days the coffee makes you.
bit.ly/craftroasting-ks

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Where to buy my...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
coffeestig

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Quick Mill QM67
Grinder: Mazzer Mini Electronic...
Drip: French Press
Posted Fri Mar 1, 2013, 7:30pm
Subject: Re: Where to buy my next machine?

Italo2275 Said:

I would love to hear how you managed to get it down to the Qm67 and the Alex.

Posted March 1, 2013 link

I was the same situation and went with the QM67.  The smaller broilers are more than adequate for home - even a dinner party.  The smaller broilers also heat much faster which is better for daily use.  The pump is extremely quiet even though it is a vibrating pump.  Also the QM67 has preinfusion capability where the Alex does not. The QM67 is also designed to run on 15A and the Alex on 20A.  If you're using 15A and want a tank then the QM67 is a better fit.  if you're going 20A and want to plumb then the Alex wins hands down since the QM67 won't do either.

Either machine is going to be imported by Chris Coffee and they help design the machines also.  They will have the most expertise as well since they are going to sell to anyone else you buy it from and it's going to get drop shipped from them when you purchase it anyway.  Also, CC gave me a more generous "bundle" of accessories than the gift card and freebies included elsewhere.  Customer service was top notch and I'd do the same again.
 View Profile Link to this post
Dapuma

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Fri Mar 1, 2013, 11:06pm

coffeestig Said:

I was the same situation and went with the QM67.  The smaller broilers are more than adequate for home - even a dinner party.  The smaller broilers also heat much faster which is better for daily use.  The pump is extremely quiet even though it is a vibrating pump.  Also the QM67 has preinfusion capability where the Alex does not. The QM67 is also designed to run on 15A and the Alex on 20A.  If you're using 15A and want a tank then the QM67 is a better fit.  if you're going 20A and want to plumb then the Alex wins hands down since the QM67 won't do either.

Either machine is going to be imported by Chris Coffee and they help design the machines also.  They will have the most expertise as well since they are going to sell to anyone else you buy it from and it's going to get drop shipped from them when you purchase it anyway.  Also, CC gave me a more generous "bundle" of accessories than the gift card and freebies included elsewhere.  Customer service was top notch and I'd do the same again.

I am in the same boat and going to go with the QM67, also on the west coast (AZ)

I am assuming you called CCS and told them the deal and they matched it or beat it?  Online it seems that the better deal is from Clive and they are closer, also need to get a vario grinder
mrbjvb

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Quickmill Anita, Rancilio...
Grinder: Compak K3 Touch, Rocky...
Vac Pot: Yama 8 cup
Drip: Behmor BraZen, Chemex,...
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Sat Mar 2, 2013, 3:22pm

Hey Mat - I got the Quickmill Anita from CCS, and could not be happier. They were very helpful. Good luck with your journey!
              John
Iluvdabean
Iluvdabean

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra/Gaggia...
Grinder: Baratza Preciso/K-A Pro...
Drip: Bonavita BV 1800 TH
Roaster: Nesco 1010/Behmor 1600
Posted Sat Mar 2, 2013, 7:50pm

What do you save if you buy a machine and save 100 bucks and the guy isn't going to be around in a few years?
 View Profile Contact via ICQ Link to this post
coffeestig

Espresso: Quick Mill QM67
Grinder: Mazzer Mini Electronic...
Drip: French Press
Posted Sat Mar 2, 2013, 8:01pm

Dapuma Said:

I am in the same boat and going to go with the QM67, also on the west coast (AZ)

I am assuming you called CCS and told them the deal and they matched it or beat it?  Online it seems that the better deal is from Clive and they are closer, also need to get a vario grinder

It's probably going to ship from CCS anyways and there is a chance that it could end up going back there for service through wherever you buy it from.  Seattle coffee Gear is the same and another vendor.  This why all of the resellers are out of the same machines.  The "bundle" they gave me was better than and not equal to.  Email me and I'll give you my name to reference and I'll fwd the guys name who I talked to.
kboom1
kboom1

Espresso: Alex2HX,Alex Duetto,Rancilio...
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky,Vario
Roaster: Behmor x2 / USRC Sample...
Posted Sun Mar 3, 2013, 6:49am

Just remember shipping CAN play hell with espresso machines. I only live 200 miles from ccs and have had 2 machines damaged during shipping. going to Cali, If it was me I would have techs at ccs support the boilers with some foam insulation before shipping just for some added protection.
JasonBrandtLewis
JasonBrandtLewis

Espresso: Elektra T1 - La Valentina -...
Grinder: Mahlkönig K30 Vario -...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: CCD, Chemex
Roaster: No, no, not another...
Posted Sun Mar 3, 2013, 9:05am

kboom1 Said:

Just remember shipping plays hell with espresso machines.

Posted March 3, 2013 link

Perhaps we could change that:  shipping CAN play hell with espresso machines . . .

I've had problems in terms of damaged-in-shipment from two vendors. With one vendor, we gave up, and I got a full refund.  With another, we switched machines and a) my next choice arrived perfectly and has been in daily use ever since with no problems, and b) the first espresso machine manufacturer altered their packaging.

FWIW, I never had any problems with damage from Chris' Coffee Service.

A morning without coffee is sleep . . .
kboom1
kboom1

Espresso: Alex2HX,Alex Duetto,Rancilio...
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky,Vario
Roaster: Behmor x2 / USRC Sample...
Posted Sun Mar 3, 2013, 9:40am

JasonBrandtLewis Said:

Perhaps we could change that:  shipping CAN play hell with espresso machines . . .

I've had problems in terms of damaged-in-shipment from two vendors. With one vendor, we gave up, and I got a full refund.  With another, we switched machines and a) my next choice arrived perfectly and has been in daily use ever since with no problems, and b) the first espresso machine manufacturer altered their packaging.

FWIW, I never had any problems with damage from Chris' Coffee Service.

Posted March 3, 2013 link

Changed.... As far as service goes cc is the best and the damage done to the machines in no way reflects on them, The machines are packed very well and correct, but if you talk to the techs they will tell you some machines don't ship very well and apon request they will add support to the boilers and such.
Beavis

Espresso: Quickmill Alexia
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Drip: French Press/Clever Dripper
Roaster: Want a Behmor!
Posted Mon Mar 4, 2013, 6:26pm

Chris Coffee, not even close. I'd never buy from anyone else. Their Service is TOP NOTCH and they go above and beyond every time.
David_Batson

Espresso: Gaggia Classic
Grinder: Breville BCG800XL Smart...
Posted Tue Mar 5, 2013, 7:28am

I live in CO and bought from WholeLatteLove out of Rochester NY.  My espresso machine and grinder each came double-boxed.  No shipping problems with either one.  Free shipping on all purchases over $50 at WLL.

http://www.wholelattelove.com/
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Where to buy my...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.469069957733)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+