Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Jura Capresso Machines - Looking for Opinions on Current Models such as the...
Don't suffer bad espresso
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, VBM, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Jura Capresso...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
Casca

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Thu Feb 28, 2013, 12:23pm
Subject: Re: Jura Capresso Machines - Looking for Opinions on Current Models such as th

coffeestig Said:

Casca,

This is an interesting first post/topic for a professional.  You should introduce yourself more formally.  What machine do you use at home and what is your favorite since you've been able to test so many.

Starbucks has a place... albeit a marketing company and not a coffee company... if nothing else it is a gateway drug for communities like this... which my girlfriend refers to as a support group.

Posted February 28, 2013 link

I did introduce myself in the introduction section prior to posting this :)  

The equipment I use at home isn't necessarily a best case situation, just like everyone else in the world I'm limited by space, time, expense, and drive - the order of importance is ever changing based on the day/month/year and drama going on in my family or friends lives. LOL.

Given the fact that the expense is something I can write off, in this case I just got lucky and was at the right place at the right time... So I got a hell of a deal... I've been using a La Marzocco GS/3. I really have just gotten used to the paddle and I am not sure I can live without it.  My cost was $900 bucks so it was beyond my ability to say no.

As to my favorite I'm assuming you are asking about the Automatics.. the Jura J9 is my favorite Super Auto.  The Giga 5 is just too much machine for anything I'd ever need at home.  I also can't get one for $900.  The J9 is a fine machine, my wife who is not into espresso at all loves it.  It sits right next to my GS/3 and when I have the time I go with that, when I'm on the run I go with the J9.  For me any of the things I use at home or at work are all about the task.  The right tool for the right job (with time being a factor).
 View Profile Link to this post
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Thu Feb 28, 2013, 3:49pm
Subject: Jura Capresso Machines - Looking for Opinions on Current Models such as the...

Casca Said:

Given the fact that the expense is something I can write off, in this case I just got lucky and was at the right place at the right time... So I got a hell of a deal... I've been using a La Marzocco GS/3. I really have just gotten used to the paddle and I am not sure I can live without it.  My cost was $900 bucks so it was beyond my ability to say no.

I hate you now.

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Casca

Posted Thu Feb 28, 2013, 8:31pm
Subject: Re: Jura Capresso Machines - Looking for Opinions on Current Models such as the

Coffeenoobie Said:

I hate you now.

LOL, please don't.  I'll share, the next deal I get I'll post here and you can respond :)
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Fri Mar 1, 2013, 9:28am
Subject: Jura Capresso Machines - Looking for Opinions on Current Models such as the...

Thanks, my luck I will not be the one that snaps it up.  I don't really hate you, just envy that buy.

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Casca

Posted Tue Mar 5, 2013, 2:45pm
Subject: Re: Jura Capresso Machines - Looking for Opinions on Current Mod

Coffeenoobie Said:

Thanks, my luck I will not be the one that snaps it up.  I don't really hate you, just envy that buy.

Posted March 1, 2013 link

LOL, sorry I do understand :)  I'm likely going to finish up the video reviews of these Jura's then selling them off for what I can get.  After that I'm off to review some manual machines before transitioning into Direct to Garment Printers LOL.

I'll post again when I get the manuals in, maybe with some photos so you guys can see what arrived before anyone else :)
bobayuminc

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 3:13pm

I'd like to read your review because I am very interested in buying a jura giga5.
mikey94025

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Mon Nov 18, 2013, 8:03am

We just picked up one of these neat Giga 5 toys, still trying to get comfortable with it.  It tastes a little different than our previous Saeco Xelsis and Jura superautomatics.  Love the dual grinders though.
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Jura Capresso...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.383623123169)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+