Espresso: Espresso Machines
What machine has all of these options?
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > What machine has...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
Author Messages
coffeestig

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Quick Mill QM67
Grinder: Mazzer Mini Electronic...
Drip: French Press
Posted Thu Feb 28, 2013, 4:17pm
Subject: Re: What machine has all of these options?

parshal Said:

Actually, they are copper, so it fits the OP's requirements exactly.  I just got one myself a week ago and love it.

Posted February 28, 2013 link

YES.  I looked HARD at that machine.  It also has very good sized broilers.  The only "con" is that it is plumbed only.  It is spec'd out better than the QM67 that I purchased actually and hardly marginally more expensive.  GREAT machine IMO.  The broiler sizes are actually also substantially larger than the one in my machine!

You know how some people think "their machine" is the best and justify it vs. everything else since it's what they have?  I don't want to do that but mine has way smaller broilers and a tank.  The smaller broilers should heat up faster; yes?  Not a better machine - because again on paper the brewtus specs better (especially with the rotary pump)... but for my volume I don't think I'll be able to tell or miss the better broilers.

Competition is a good thing and these manufactures have done a great job being competitive which is good for us as consumers.  The problem is there is no clear cut answer as to a definitive - "get machine A because x, y, z."  sigh.  TOO MANY variables.
 View Profile Link to this post
CMIN

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Posted Thu Feb 28, 2013, 4:36pm

Not sure why Brewtus models don't get much talk in general, quite a few people say their quality fit/finish isn't up to snuff with the others... but the Brewtus machines I've seen seem like their built like tanks.
parshal

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Expobar Brewtus IV-R
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Thu Feb 28, 2013, 5:03pm

I really like my Brewtus.  The fit and finish is quite good and I'm a stickler for detail. I have zero experience with previous models so maybe things have changed for the better.

Mine replaced a Gaggia Classic and it takes quite a bit longer to heat up.  However, I'm pulling good shots within 20-25 minutes of turning it on so it's too bad.
cuznvin

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Thu Feb 28, 2013, 5:08pm

parshal Said:

I really like my Brewtus.  The fit and finish is quite good and I'm a stickler for detail. I have zero experience with previous models so maybe things have changed for the better.

Mine replaced a Gaggia Classic and it takes quite a bit longer to heat up.  However, I'm pulling good shots within 20-25 minutes of turning it on so it's too bad.

Posted February 28, 2013 link

Which model do you have?
parshal

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Expobar Brewtus IV-R
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Thu Feb 28, 2013, 5:43pm

I have the IV-R.  I was gonna go with the plumbable vibe model but then realized it was easy enough to plumb it and went with the rotary.  It's dramatically quieter than the Gaggia Classic.
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > What machine has...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.354825973511)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+