Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Gaggia classic modified steam wand (Rancilio Silvia V1-2 ) 4 holes tip wanted
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Gaggia classic...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
tiziano

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2013, 11:08pm
Subject: Re: Gaggia classic (Rancilio Silvia V1-2 ) 4 holes tip wanted

Thank you to share this info to how to froth the milk, i will have a try today and hope the one hole tip will be good as the 4 holes tip which i use at work.
 View Profile Link to this post
D4F

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic PID
Grinder: Baratza Forte-AP
Posted Mon Feb 18, 2013, 7:29pm

tiziano Said:

Im afraid im not comfortable with electronics as i never worked on something but i would like to have a try if could be possible if i got how to do :-) as i have seen the device is quite expensive for a try what you think about this one found on ebay? Please check the link below.

Click Here (www.ebay.co.uk)

Posted February 17, 2013 link

The Rex C100 comes is a few different configurations.  I believe that the PID will work ok.  Some have different alarm functions, and the alarm is used for steam control, while the PID controlled terminals to the SSR are for brew temperature.  I cannot always understand which C100 you are getting.  My preference is one with 3 controls, one for PID to SSR, and I prefer 2 alarms.  Alarms are also not all the same, and that is why I use Auber.  That said, this one will probably work.

Basically, you will need to obtain wire and make these.  Shown are wires for Silvia, not really different from Gaggia, so don't be confused.  The white wires are attached to a sensor, and you buy that and SSR.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81832954%40N00/2330218796

or this thread that will help on supplies

Click Here (www.thedomesticbarista.com)

and a "kit" install.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055389457

If you have interest, think you can get the supplies, and can solder, then you should be able PID your machine.  If you are interested after looking at this, let me know.

D4F also at
http://www.gaggiausersgroup.com/
D4F

Posted Tue Feb 19, 2013, 12:19pm

How to starts on page 17 :)

Click Here (coffeegeek.com)

D4F also at
tiziano

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013, 8:14pm

Thank you for all information and glad that you tried to help me but i think im lost and will try for now working without pid then once will take time to understand what to do i will have a try :-( just dont want to do some mess, mYbe i will ask help to a friend...by the way i was trying to find anywhere what is the diameter of the connector of the rancilio steam wand v1-2 tip? I have found a tip with four holes but need to know that measurement to but a right fitting.
D4F

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013, 11:42pm

tiziano Said:

...by the way i was trying to find anywhere what is the diameter of the connector of the rancilio steam wand v1-2 tip? I have found a tip with four holes but need to know that measurement to but a right fitting.

Posted February 22, 2013 link

tiziano Said:

i have managed to buy the 3/8 to 1/8 male fitting thru ebay on a plumbers products seller at 1.80 and will see how it will work the M10 tip with four holes which i have bought...i said are essential 4 holes as when i use the commercial gaggia machine at hotel where i work the microfoam is perfect and very easy to make it and not noisy as it is at home, maybe i just want too much from my classic gaggia? But will see how will itwork with 4 holes..im optimist will be better...thank you and please if you can give me advices for how to make perfect microfoAm with classic gaggia rancilio steam wand will be really appreciated...

Posted February 17, 2013 link

Not quite sure where you are with this?  Fitting did not work?  I am not sure what specifically you need the measurement on?

D4F also at
tiziano

Posted Sun Mar 3, 2013, 12:10am

Hi, i have found something on ebay, do you think could substitute the electronic PID this one?  I see its easier to install but dont know if could have same result...http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pressure-Gauge-Dial-Gaggia-Classic-Coffee-Machine-Maker-Modification-/400352551357

Regards
D4F

Posted Sun Mar 3, 2013, 3:00pm

The PID controller is for temperature and the device shown is for pressure.  The device shown will give a continual pressure readout which might be fun, but not really useful.  You can make a gauge for the portafilter and set the pressure via OPV.  The ebay device notes that it will allow you to reset the pressure, so will a one time PF gauge.  In addition, the gauge shown was installed by tapping a spot on the steam valve that is not currently tapped on the Classic.  Some cheaper Gaggia machines have a selp proming valve whaer they are tapping. The self priming valve is probe to leak and usually gets removed and the hole plugged.  You would have to remove the steam valve from the machine and drill, tap, and insert a fitting that the part then fits too.  Look at the picture of the machine closely.

Portafilter pressure gauge

Click Here (www.youtube.com)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhSp1_x5CLw

D4F also at
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Gaggia classic...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.456733942032)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+