Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Quick Mill Vetrano vs. Breville Dual Boiler
Saeco Espresso Machines
Large selection in-stock, includes Free Gifts and Free Shipping!
www.espressozone.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Quick Mill...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 8 of 9 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
Iluvdabean
Iluvdabean
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra/Gaggia...
Grinder: Baratza Preciso/K-A Pro...
Drip: Bonavita BV 1800 TH
Roaster: Nesco 1010/Behmor 1600
Posted Mon Feb 18, 2013, 3:44pm
Subject: Re: Quick Mill Vetrano vs. Breville Dual Boiler

Its a joke. This is a classic joke. He pays to ship it. He pays to fix it. He goes without espresso for who knows how long. This is such bad PR for Breville if they were smart and their machines really are that good then they
should send him a new one.... send it over night.Show us that they believe in what they sell. They should be embarrassed. Please spare me the excuses...this is just wrong.
 View Profile Contact via ICQ Link to this post
mariog7

Espresso: Quickmill Vetrano
Grinder: Vario
Posted Mon Feb 18, 2013, 3:51pm

Glad my post was so productive :-(  Can we end it and enjoy our coffee, please?
 View Profile Link to this post
AlexKilpatrick

Espresso: Breville Dual Boiler
Grinder: Bairtiza Vario
Posted Mon Feb 18, 2013, 4:13pm

mariog7 Said:

Glad my post was so productive :-(  Can we end it and enjoy our coffee, please?

Posted February 18, 2013 link

I don't know if I would call it "productive", but I agree 100%. I'm going to bow out of this thread for good, and go make some espresso on my brand new Keurig espresso pod machine. :)
biochemgawd

Espresso: BDB
Grinder: Vario
Posted Mon Feb 18, 2013, 5:12pm

Iluvdabean Said:

Its a joke. This is a classic joke. He pays to ship it. He pays to fix it. He goes without espresso for who knows how long. This is such bad PR for Breville if they were smart and their machines really are that good then they
should send him a new one.... send it over night.Show us that they believe in what they sell. They should be embarrassed. Please spare me the excuses...this is just wrong.

Posted February 18, 2013 link

I love my two BDBs (one at home and one at work), and I am very happy with their performance, features and reliability so far (been 14 months now). Since I was able to get them for $925, I think I would probably make the same decision again. At full price, however, there are some compelling alternatives.

That said - it is troubling that BDB cheerleader #1 is having problems. Hopefully this is just anecdotal evidence of their longevity.
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Tue Feb 19, 2013, 9:31am

It is great you like your machines but how will you feel if both die after short lives? I personally hate it when machines break down right at warranty expiration.  It galls me. Part of why I love my Oscar and recommend him is that I know anything wrong can be fixed.  The parts are mostly not propitiatory and he is cheap enough to be worth fixing up.   I would hate knowing I recommended a new machine you can't fix, that doesn't last 13 months and they don't stand behind when something is wrong.

The BDB breaking down at Bubba's house would be less of an issue if he could fix it himself or do the firmware update himself.  The machine has to be shipped off for repair service that is not free. On top of that they are not making good on a 1200 unit that is 1 month out of warranty.   BDB is looking like a 1200 disposable espresso machine to me and worst of all they are not standing behind it.  I can't afford to toss 1200 in the trash and don't know too many people that would be happy to pay over 1k for a machine that lasts a year.

I am still mad my 3 year old mp3 player can't get a new battery.  It was a gift and less than 100 when new but it still pisses me off that the only thing wrong with it is a battery and a new battery would cost as much as replacing the unit would. (and the battery was not made to be replaced so I risk breaking it to replace the battery)  I can't imagine how I would feel if that thing had cost more and lasted less time or worse yet I bought 2 of them.

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
crazy4espresso
crazy4espresso

Espresso: Silvia, La Pavoni...
Grinder: Pharos
Posted Tue Feb 19, 2013, 9:57am

I would be pretty upset if I had spent $1200 on a coffee machine only for it to break down that early in it's lifecycle.  Then again,  I don't buy into fancy gadgetry and lights and bells and whistles, especially on products that are new to the market.  This is my philosophy for all home appliances, not just espresso makers.  I like simple, easily maintained equipment made of materials that last, like brass, steel, copper and aluminum, you know, the kind of materials that won the war.  I don't want to have to update firmware and all this bologne for a machine designed for one simple purpose, to deliver hot water.  I like to walk up to a machine and know that no warning light is going to go on if I sneeze on it.  In fact there are no lights on my 40 year old LP and my 55 year old Faema, and that's how I like it.
takeshi
takeshi
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Alex Duetto 3.0
Grinder: Super Jolly
Roaster: Amaya Roasting
Posted Tue Feb 19, 2013, 10:30am

AlexKilpatrick Said:

Yep, it is like Apple vs PC, Android vs iOS, etc. etc.

Posted February 17, 2013 link

Shouldn't be surprising that this sort of thing happens any time people think that their own preferences are the only valid preferences and are blind to the fact that others can and do have differing preferences.  On any topic, each person has to determine preferences, prioritize them and find a suitable solution.  Thing are rarely one-size-fits-all despite what many seem to assume.
cuznvin

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013, 5:57am

Coffeenoobie Said:

It is great you like your machines but how will you feel if both die after short lives? I personally hate it when machines break down right at warranty expiration.  It galls me. Part of why I love my Oscar and recommend him is that I know anything wrong can be fixed.  The parts are mostly not propitiatory and he is cheap enough to be worth fixing up.   I would hate knowing I recommended a new machine you can't fix, that doesn't last 13 months and they don't stand behind when something is wrong.

The BDB breaking down at Bubba's house would be less of an issue if he could fix it himself or do the firmware update himself.  The machine has to be shipped off for repair service that is not free. On top of that they are not making good on a 1200 unit that is 1 month out of warranty.   BDB is looking like a 1200 disposable espresso machine to me and worst of all they are not standing behind it.  I can't afford to toss 1200 in the trash and don't know too many people that would be happy to pay over 1k for a machine that lasts a year.

I am still mad my 3 year old mp3 player can't get a new battery.  It was a gift and less than 100 when new but it still pisses me off that the only thing wrong with it is a battery and a new battery would cost as much as replacing the unit would. (and the battery was not made to be replaced so I risk breaking it to replace the battery)  I can't imagine how I would feel if that thing had cost more and lasted less time or worse yet I bought 2 of them.

Posted February 19, 2013 link

Looks like he is getting a new machine now...Phil McKnight is taking care of it..
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013, 9:53am

What about the other people that don't know about this forum?  I bet there is more than just one machine out there with this issue and the phone reps are not helping anymore than they helped bubba.

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
cuznvin

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013, 10:04am

Coffeenoobie Said:

What about the other people that don't know about this forum?  I bet there is more than just one machine out there with this issue and the phone reps are not helping anymore than they helped bubba.

Posted February 20, 2013 link

Well, if they arent helped it will only affect their future sales? Word travels quick!
showing page 8 of 9 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Quick Mill...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.479512929916)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+