Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Office Control vs La Nuova Era Cuadra
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Office Control...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 4 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
1stline
1stline
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Undisclosed
Grinder: Indisclosed
Vac Pot: Bodum Electric
Drip: None
Roaster: None
Posted Sat Feb 16, 2013, 11:54am
Subject: Re: Office Control vs La Nuova Era Cuadra

rjamya Said:

tdifraia,

I am in the same boat as you are, however only thing that is making me think about CuderaII is very short warranty. I understand after glancing at 79 page Cudera thread that lot of people like it but that warranty and return policy is making me think again.

Dod you make a decision? what did you buy ?

Posted February 16, 2013 link

The Cuadra has a one year parts warranty by the manufacturer. We are able to drill down the sales price of the Cuadra by offering a lesser warranty for labor to 90 days. Most manufacturer defects/issues usually occur in the first 90 days.

There have been issues with limescale crippling the bleeder valve, the OPV and the pressurstat. There have been a few issues with the relay building carbon. All these were handled without shipping the machine back to us. In the past 13 months, there have been only 2 cases where a Cuadra machine came back for repair after the 90 days labor warranty expired. There was a third machine a client paid for labor ~$85 in San Fran instead of paying for shipping which would have ran her $150. She also did not have to wait 2 weeks for transport time nor risk any shipping damage.

For those that have a problem after the 90 days, we still support our customers who email and can self-diagnose and self-repair.

As in the example above, it is cheaper to find someone locally then pay the shipping costs and also get quicker turnaround time. In other words, there is a great savings in buying a Cuadra, and even if one had to pay for one repair, one is mot likely to still be ahead.

As a blanket statement for those interested and basing their purchase decision on 2 year warranties.... first and foremost, check with your dealer if they cover the shipping in either direction; second, what are all the exclusions; and third, what specifically is included; and/or fourth, is the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year warranty covered by a third party that the dealer purchased the extendedwarranty from and you are additionally bound by the 3rd party rules and regulations. Do they publicly post the details or bury it 3 levels down? There are companies who do not pay for shipping in either direction for the machine, who do not pay for shipping of the parts in either direction, and/or who do not cover labor in the 2nd year. In other words, many of my competitors have differences about their two year warranty.

Sincerely,
Jim Piccinich
Business Partner
1st-line Equipment, LLC
www.1st-line.com

Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/1stline
Twitter: http://twitter.com/1stline
Blog: http://1st-line.blogspot.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/1stlineespresso
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
CSME9
CSME9
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Isomac Tea, Rancilio Silvia,...
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky
Drip: Moka Pot
Roaster: BBQ Roaster
Posted Sat Feb 16, 2013, 12:05pm

Jim-Does 1st line pay shipping on a bonafide machine warranty ?
 View Profile Link to this post
Dules

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Expobar Office Lever
Grinder: Preciso
Posted Sat Feb 16, 2013, 6:06pm

I was making this decision at the beginning of the month.  I ended up doing a refurbished Expobar office lever machine from WLL. I ,do like the machine alot. It does everything that I would ever ask, solid, and no complaints that way. However; If I would be able to make the decision again I would have ordered the La Nuova Era Cuadra just because I would avoid WLL. Here is why:

1. I placed my order with a Sales rep over the phone, because I wanted to see if they would package my machine with the preciso. Which they did, but the customer service rep told me my machine would be shipped same day, and I would receive it on the following monday at the latest! ( I ordered it on a wed. am the week before. My machine did not ship for two days, and did not arrive till the following wed. Which would not be a huge deal if that is what I was told. The fact that I was told it would ship same day, and it did not, was not acceptable in my opinion.

2. When I contacted the customer service at WLL with my issues with this, I got a reply two days later saying that they shipped well within their shipping policy of 48HRs. I did read the policy prior to ordering, and was aware that their policy guaranteed shipping in 48, but when I am told it will ship same day, I expect that the company I just spent $1300 will do what they say they will.

3. I was not satisfied with that response so I contacted them for their local address so I could file a complaint with their prospective Better Business Bureau I have yet to receive a reply.

Overall I love the machine, but wish I would have ordered the Cuadra. 1st line is active on answering questions on these forums, and that level of customer service is really remarkable. IF I was given the chance I would order from 1st line over WLL in a heart beat, and I wish I had a Cuadra in my kitchen instead of the Expobar. Overall look at the forums on this site and it will be clear that 1st line is committed to their customers, and will address any issues if you should have any!
1stline
1stline

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2013, 6:54pm

CSME9 Said:

Jim-Does 1st line pay shipping on a bonafide machine warranty ?

The point I was trying to make was that every company is different. I was only trying to build awareness, and not to single out on any one company, including 1st-line. Each potential buyer should visit each competitive web site and check each policy as part of her/his decision process. The key is to understand the policies as this also sets expectations and deliverables.

I would love to answer this, but just like every other company, these things change and I will never remember to come back and change this here. In addition, each brand and each level of machine (home vs commercial) at 1st-line are treated differently. Some manufacturers who handle their own warranties have different policies.

Sincerely,
Jim Piccinich
Business Partner
1st-line Equipment, LLC
www.1st-line.com

1stline
1stline

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2013, 6:56pm

Dules Said:

I was making this decision at the beginning of the month.  I ended up doing a refurbished Expobar office lever machine from WLL. I ,do like the machine alot. It does everything that I would ever ask, solid, and no complaints that way. However; If I would be able to make the decision again I would have ordered the La Nuova Era Cuadra just because I would avoid WLL. Here is why:

I placed my order with a Sales rep over the phone, because I wanted to see if they would package my machine with the preciso. Which they did, but the customer service rep told me my machine would be shipped same day, and I would receive it on the following monday at the latest! ( I ordered it on a wed. am the week before. My machine did not ship for two days, and did not arrive till the following wed. Which would not be a huge deal if that is what I was told. The fact that I was told it would ship same day, and it did not, was not acceptable in my opinion.

When I contacted the customer service at WLL with my issues with this, I got a reply two days later saying that they shipped well within their shipping policy of 48HRs. I did read the policy prior to ordering, and was aware that their policy guaranteed shipping in 48, but when I am told it will ship same day, I expect that the company I just spent $1300 will do what they say they will.

I was not satisfied with that response so I contacted them for their local address so I could file a complaint with their prospective Better Business Bureau I have yet to receive a reply.

Overall I love the machine, but wish I would have ordered the Cuadra. 1st line is active on answering questions on these forums, and that level of customer service is really remarkable. IF I was given the chance I would order from 1st line over WLL in a heart beat, and I wish I had a Cuadra in my kitchen instead of the Expobar. Overall look at the forums on this site and it will be clear that 1st line is committed to their customers, and will address any issues if you should have any!

At any company, sometimes the left and right do not communicate. I suspect they probably wanted to test your machine before shipping (which is a good practice for refurbs).

Sincerely,
Jim Piccinich
Business Partner
1st-line Equipment, LLC
www.1st-line.com

scanfield

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: La Nuovo Era Cuadra
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Mon Feb 18, 2013, 8:10am

Don't forget about extended warranties offered by your credit card. Many (most?) credit cards have an extended warranty or accidental damage and theft coverage and in my experience, they are pretty generous and easy to use. It's one of the reasons I use my credit card to purchase everything that I can.
cafeespresso

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Expobar Office Pulser
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Roaster: FR 8+, SC/Turbo CO
Posted Mon Feb 18, 2013, 8:40am

I know the OP made his decision...but for people looking on the Epobar office control/pulser line

I had mine for almost 7 years, and it is a solid machine.

I also purchased the BDB, and at the end I returned the BDB. The BDB is a wonderful machine that produced a smoother cup, but my Expobar pulser produced a more flavorful cup.

I never had any issues with my expobar, the only annoying thing is the plastic drip tray, which I have replaced 3 times (cost about $35-40). It tends to crack after some time due to the coffee acids.
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Mon Feb 18, 2013, 10:30am

That is part of the issue, even if a machine makes a good cup you might not like the flavor profile.

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
JasonBrandtLewis
JasonBrandtLewis
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Elektra T1 - La Valentina -...
Grinder: Mahlkönig K30 Vario -...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: CCD, Chemex
Roaster: No, no, not another...
Posted Mon Feb 18, 2013, 11:26am

cafeespresso Said:

I never had any issues with my expobar, the only annoying thing is the plastic drip tray, which I have replaced 3 times (cost about $35-40). It tends to crack after some time due to the coffee acids.

Posted February 18, 2013 link

I'm glad someone has a good experience with the "lower end" Expobar machines.

A morning without coffee is sleep . . .
Sanfam

Espresso: Gaggia Classic, Saeco...
Grinder: Gaggia MDF
Posted Fri Feb 22, 2013, 10:07am

Dules Said:

I placed my order with a Sales rep over the phone, because I wanted to see if they would package my machine with the preciso. Which they did, but the customer service rep told me my machine would be shipped same day, and I would receive it on the following monday at the latest! ( I ordered it on a wed. am the week before. My machine did not ship for two days, and did not arrive till the following wed. Which would not be a huge deal if that is what I was told. The fact that I was told it would ship same day, and it did not, was not acceptable in my opinion.

When I contacted the customer service at WLL with my issues with this, I got a reply two days later saying that they shipped well within their shipping policy of 48HRs. I did read the policy prior to ordering, and was aware that their policy guaranteed shipping in 48, but when I am told it will ship same day, I expect that the company I just spent $1300 will do what they say they will.

I was not satisfied with that response so I contacted them for their local address so I could file a complaint with their prospective Better Business Bureau I have yet to receive a reply.

As the Customer Service Manager for Whole Latte Love, I think I may be able to offer some more insight into what went on here and make my Inaugural Post at the same time!  

First and foremost, I apologize for our inability to meet the deadline promised by the sales rep during your call.  As suspected by Jim in his earlier response, all Expobar products passing through our doors are hand-prepped and fully bench tested prior to shipping out.  This applies to both refurbished and new machines as to ensure that .  From what I was able to research, the salesman you spoke with was fairly new to our staff and was not fully versed in the prep process.  I've gone through and roughly re-educated the Sales staff about how to properly handle these types of orders.--that'll be the last of it, I hope.

Finally...Hello coffeegeek!  While I'm a relative noob to the coffee world (I spent years believing that badly brewed drip was everything to coffee, then jumped on the espresso train about two years back saw the light), I dove head-first and have made it my goal to fill my brain with everything I can learn about the industry.  I've also been sitting on a few long-term project machines that may be of interest to this community.  Of course, I'll be sure to post up an announcement once the tinkering has begun.

Andrew
Customer Service & Technical Support Manager
Whole Latte Love
showing page 3 of 4 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Office Control...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.429651021957)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+