Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Office Control vs La Nuova Era Cuadra
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Office Control...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 4 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
tdifraia

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: QM67
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Drip: Bunn
Posted Thu Jan 24, 2013, 4:52pm
Subject: Re: Office Control vs La Nuova Era Cuadra

Jim I saw that, but I didnt think it was the same as the Cuadra 2. Is it? Is it a HX?

1stline Said:

Tommy,

Thanks for your interest in Cuadra. We have our parts selection here.

As for machines, we do have a limited inventory of a blue panel Cuadra model currently starting at $949.

You can email me any questions you have to the sales address on our web site. You are more than welcome to visit in NJ.

Posted January 24, 2013 link

View Profile Link to this post
tdifraia

Posted Thu Jan 24, 2013, 6:34pm

Do the A006 and A007 have the same internals (Brew Group, HX Boiler, etc) as the Cuadra2? And just have different externals ie.. panels, drip tray, steam and water wands??? There are no specs on the 1st-line web site.
tdifraia

Posted Thu Jan 24, 2013, 6:59pm

Thanks for your respected opinion. May I ask what you are basing that on? A few examples of why?

JasonBrandtLewis Said:

Between the two?  La Nuova, hands down.

Posted January 21, 2013 link

JasonBrandtLewis
JasonBrandtLewis
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Elektra T1 - La Valentina -...
Grinder: Mahlkönig K30 Vario -...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: CCD, Chemex
Roaster: No, no, not another...
Posted Thu Jan 24, 2013, 7:34pm

Expobar producers some multi-group commercial espresso machines.  I have no experience with these, and have -- in fact -- never seen one in my travels across the US, Portugal, Spain, etc.  I cannot speak to the quality of these machines.

Expobar produces the Brewtus line of double-boiler machines -- primarily for home use -- which enjoy a solid reputation and a relatively large consumer base across the U.S.  I have not used one of these, except once at a friend's house, but given the number of long-time participants of both CG and HB who have (and who are happy with them), I cannot criticize them.

BUT the "Office" line of espresso machines have had a series of QC (quality control) problem.  I purchased one, and had to have it returned and get my money back.  Others I know have had their machines leak, short out, etc.

What I would really do is look in my couch cushions at get a Bezzera BZ07, or -- if there wasn't any coins hidden there -- a BZ02.

Barring that, I'd get the Cuadra.

A morning without coffee is sleep . . .
1stline
1stline
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Undisclosed
Grinder: Indisclosed
Vac Pot: Bodum Electric
Drip: None
Roaster: None
Posted Fri Jan 25, 2013, 8:35am

tdifraia Said:

Jim I saw that, but I didnt think it was the same as the Cuadra 2. Is it? Is it a HX?

Posted January 24, 2013 link

edited: added 'as'

All the Cuadra machines, 'as' of this writing, are HX. I emailed ya the link for the differences. I hope it helps.

Sincerely,
Jim Piccinich
Business Partner
1st-line Equipment, LLC
www.1st-line.com

Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/1stline
Twitter: http://twitter.com/1stline
Blog: http://1st-line.blogspot.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/1stlineespresso
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
tdifraia

Posted Fri Jan 25, 2013, 9:53am

Thank you Jim. I can imagine how busy you are running a business, so thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Im pretty close to pulling the trigger on a Cuadra from 1st-line.

1stline Said:

All the Cuadra machines, 'as' of this writing, are HX. I emailed ya the link for the differences. I hope it helps.

Posted January 25, 2013 link

tdifraia

Posted Fri Jan 25, 2013, 9:58am

So from what I have gathered all the changes between the CuadraII and the Cuadra A006&7 are external. The panels, colors, wands and drip trays are different. The internals, Brew Group, HX Boiler etc .... are the same. Same person wearing different clothing..;)

1stline Said:

Posted January 25, 2013 link

rjamya

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Sat Feb 16, 2013, 6:36am

tdifraia,

I am in the same boat as you are, however only thing that is making me think about CuderaII is very short warranty. I understand after glancing at 79 page Cudera thread that lot of people like it but that warranty and return policy is making me think again.

Dod you make a decision? what did you buy ?
tdifraia

Posted Sat Feb 16, 2013, 9:56am

After a ton of research, I ended up with neither of these machines. I went with a Quickmill QM67. I figured instead of purchasing a machine and upgrading down the road, I would just drop the extra $$$ and get my dream machine NOW. The Quickmill was a great choice for me. It has 2 PIDs, one for each Boiler. I had no previous experience and this machine was so easy to learn on. The PID gave me instant control of the temperature and there was no temp surfing involved. I was pulling good shots IMMEDIATELY. I also was able to nail the steaming / frothing of milk within a week. It also came with a 2 year Warranty, which doubles because I used an American Express card, which doubles the warranty. This gives me 4 years. I also purchased a buyers remorse machine which saved me $400. I purchased the machine from Chris Coffee, and am extremely comfortable with this company if I have any issues. The machine is so simple to use the learning curve was minimal. I have a Vario grinder and have been using Atomic Cafe to purchase my beans. I just realized you were asking about the Office and Cuadra and I am rambling about the QM67. Sorry, I would be thrilled to tell you what I like about the QM if you want. The only thing I can tell you about the La Nuova is that 1st Line Coffee was extremely helpful and courteous with me while I was asking questions. I was leaning more towards the Cuadra because of 1st line and the support they would have provided. They have an extensive amount of parts in the event I needed to make repairs down the road.

rjamya Said:

tdifraia,

I am in the same boat as you are, however only thing that is making me think about CuderaII is very short warranty. I understand after glancing at 79 page Cudera thread that lot of people like it but that warranty and return policy is making me think again.

Dod you make a decision? what did you buy ?

Posted February 16, 2013 link

Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Sat Feb 16, 2013, 9:59am

I have been impressed with 1st Line Coffee's answers on this thread and others.  Things like that will matter to me when I upgrade.

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
showing page 2 of 4 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Office Control...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.44230389595)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+