Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
La Nuova Era Cuadra Owners Thread
Italian Biscotti Cookies
Premium artisan quality Italian Biscotti cookies. Many flavors!
www.espressozone.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > La Nuova Era...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 82 of 129 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
slybarman
slybarman
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Tue Mar 5, 2013, 12:25pm
Subject: Re: La Nuova Era Cuadra Owners Thread

Deus Said:

can this be modded to be plummable? I have a water line right next to my station so this would great

Posted March 5, 2013 link

I do not believe you can plumb a machine with a vibratory pump, but I cannot swear to that 100%. I think you need a rotary pump machine.
 View Profile Link to this post
CaffeineFeine

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra II
Grinder: Baratza Vario & Bodum Bistro
Drip: Aeropress, Bialetti Brikka,...
Posted Tue Mar 5, 2013, 12:44pm

I'm still getting familiar with the Cuadra and have a question regarding the lever that actuates the grouphead.  I notice that when I raise the lever that it can stop mid-way before completely engaging the pump to push water through the grouphead.  Is this in someway used for pre-infusion?  What is the purpose for the middle position and how do I properly use it?
cruizie

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: La Nuovo Era Cuadra
Roaster: Poppery
Posted Tue Mar 5, 2013, 1:06pm

Deus Said:

I am looking to bite the bullet on this in the next two weeks. I am buying a Vario non-W with it. I am curious is there is anything else I should order. I do not have anything right now as this is my first setup. I am going to order the thermometer mod but is there naything else I should get and if so any links to specifics? Is the tamper that comes with this good?

Posted March 4, 2013 link

If you go for the Vario, check out Ebay.  I was a little nervous about purchasing there as the price was significantly lower than anywhere else.  The grinder arrived brand new and in perfect condition (including the packaging).  I've been very happy with it.  Definitely purchase a decent tamper.
Deus

Posted Tue Mar 5, 2013, 2:39pm

cruizie Said:

If you go for the Vario, check out Ebay.  I was a little nervous about purchasing there as the price was significantly lower than anywhere else.  The grinder arrived brand new and in perfect condition (including the packaging).  I've been very happy with it.  Definitely purchase a decent tamper.

Does it come with a tamper? If not can you suggest a particular one?
slybarman
slybarman

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra
Posted Tue Mar 5, 2013, 2:49pm

CaffeineFeine Said:

I'm still getting familiar with the Cuadra and have a question regarding the lever that actuates the grouphead.  I notice that when I raise the lever that it can stop mid-way before completely engaging the pump to push water through the grouphead.  Is this in someway used for pre-infusion?  What is the purpose for the middle position and how do I properly use it?

My understanding is that with a vibratory pump - you don't. All E-61 brewheads do some pre infusion when you activate the lever. Only rotart pump machines used the mid setting to pre-infuse via the water pressure of the plumbed in water supply.
cruizie

Espresso: La Nuovo Era Cuadra
Roaster: Poppery
Posted Wed Mar 6, 2013, 2:13am

Deus Said:

Does it come with a tamper? If not can you suggest a particular one?

I just bought a Rexroth from 1st Line when I purchased my machine.  You can spend lots on one but I'm happy enough with the one I bought.  It was about $35 for the base and handle.
MDiddy

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Technika IV Profi
Grinder: Baratza Forte AP
Drip: Cuisinart DCC-1200
Posted Wed Mar 6, 2013, 10:49am

Not to advertise myself by any means, but if anyone is interested in a nice 58mm tamper, I have a Concept Art Zebra Wood 58mm flat tamper for sale in the classifieds.  

I picked up a Reg Barber and have no need for it any longer.   Please take a look-see if interested.

"SOLD! - 58mm Concept Art Zebra Wood Tamper"
888RP

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Cuadra
Grinder: Vario
Posted Wed Mar 6, 2013, 11:40am

Dear cuadra owners,

I have a dilemma! So I'm a Canadian and I found a retailer that will import this machine for me for $1300.
The retailer will not provide a warranty but I know another place close by that can repair cuadra"s but it will be out of pocket. Do you think I should buy a quick mill silvano for 1100 with 2 years parts and labour or
Should I pay 1300 for a cuadra and pay for any repairs out of pocket??

Thanks!
MDiddy

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Technika IV Profi
Grinder: Baratza Forte AP
Drip: Cuisinart DCC-1200
Posted Sat Mar 9, 2013, 11:54am

Figured I'd post a pic of my setup.  Pretty much complete now.   I think the new knobs make a world of difference in the look of the machine as well.  Exactly what I was going for.  :)

MDiddy: coffee.jpg
(Click for larger image)
doug_s

Espresso: livia 90 & gaggia classic
Grinder: baratza vario & preciso
Drip: bodum french press
Posted Sat Mar 9, 2013, 7:20pm

888RP Said:

Dear cuadra owners,

I have a dilemma! So I'm a Canadian and I found a retailer that will import this machine for me for $1300.
The retailer will not provide a warranty but I know another place close by that can repair cuadra"s but it will be out of pocket. Do you think I should buy a quick mill silvano for 1100 with 2 years parts and labour or
Should I pay 1300 for a cuadra and pay for any repairs out of pocket??

Thanks!

Posted March 6, 2013 link

won't 1st line ship to canada?
Click Here (www.1st-line.com)

doug s.
showing page 82 of 129 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > La Nuova Era...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Italian Coffee
Italian coffee beans, grinds and pods from Kimbo, LavAzza, Miscela d'Oro & Bristot. Qty. discounts!
www.espressozone.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.447624206543)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+