Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
La Nuova Era Cuadra Owners Thread
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > La Nuova Era...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 77 of 130 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
slybarman
slybarman
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Sun Jan 27, 2013, 6:15am
Subject: Re: La Nuova Era Cuadra Owners Thread

My machine idles at 205-210 as read on Eric's thermometer. Always keep in mind that the temp shown on Eric's thermometer is 5 degrees higher than the temp at the puck when pulling a shot. 205 on the thermometer is 200 at the puck.

regarding the really low brew head temps you had been seeing - if you are doing short flushes (ie when cleaning the brew group, etc.), you can induce a thermosyphon stall and the brew group will get colder than normal. A slightly longer flush would prevent that.
 View Profile Link to this post
MDiddy

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Technika IV Profi
Grinder: Baratza Forte AP
Drip: Cuisinart DCC-1200
Posted Sun Jan 27, 2013, 7:34am

Sly, thanks for the input.  I was actually going by the video you posted earlier in this thread.  I noticed in that, your machine was idling at 213 F.  

However, I'll need to retract my last statement about the issue being resolved.  It came back yesterday.  Turned the machine on and let it idle for an hour.  Temp hit 206 F.  Had to walk away for 30 minutes or so to take a phone call for work (did not touch a thing on the machine) and when I came back, the temp was already down to 197 and dropping.   This is when I had to do a quick 2 second flush, and about 15 minutes later, I was up to 208 F again.  It looks like there's a leak somewhere in my thermosyphon.  The idle temp should not be dropping like that when the machine is untouched.  If I were to flush and induce and thermosyphon stall, maybe, but not at idle.

I've checked for any leaks and can't seem to find any obvious ones.  No puddles anywhere, no wet internals.  The group doesn't appear to be leaking anywhere, either, but it's there.  Without a manual intervention to bring the temp back up, it would keep falling, which is why the day before my temp was at 192 and falling until I flushed.  

I have a call into 1st Line for support, so I'm hoping to hear back from them on this tomorrow.  It was late in the day when I called Friday, so I couldn't get anyone on the phone, but I'm hoping I can get this resolved sooner rather than later.
MDiddy

Posted Mon Jan 28, 2013, 12:40pm

Not sure what the heck is going on, but today, the machine has been rock solid as far as temp.

Turned it on, and an 1 1/2 hours later, it was sitting solid at 204 F.  Did my normal routine, cleaned up, and left the machine on, and now, 3 hours later, it's sitting rock solid at 209 F.  

No idea why, some days the temp drops for no reason, while today, it seems to be right on the money.  Any ideas?
cruizie

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: La Nuovo Era Cuadra
Roaster: Poppery
Posted Mon Jan 28, 2013, 9:04pm

MDiddy,  what nut are you talking about? The link you posted takes me to the 1st Line home page.
slybarman
slybarman

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013, 9:39am

MDiddy Said:

Not sure what the heck is going on, but today, the machine has been rock solid as far as temp.

Turned it on, and an 1 1/2 hours later, it was sitting solid at 204 F.  Did my normal routine, cleaned up, and left the machine on, and now, 3 hours later, it's sitting rock solid at 209 F.  

No idea why, some days the temp drops for no reason, while today, it seems to be right on the money.  Any ideas?

Posted January 28, 2013 link

If steam is trapped in the thermosyphon loop it causes a thermosyphon stall. Most common cause is a short flush of the brew group. Remedy is a longer flush to clear the steam.

http://www.frcndigital.com/coffee/stall.html
Dules

Espresso: Expobar Office Lever
Grinder: Preciso
Posted Wed Jan 30, 2013, 11:42am

Are any owners willing to do a detailed video for youtube about all the details of the machine?  It looks nice and all but have been watch tons of WLL/SCG videos about different machines and would feel better on buying if there was a little more detail videos out there. I know one member did pull a shot/unpacking video which was great!
slybarman
slybarman

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2013, 1:30pm

MDiddy Said:

Sly, thanks for the input.  I was actually going by the video you posted earlier in this thread.  I noticed in that, your machine was idling at 213 F.  

Posted January 27, 2013 link

I did not remember that. Maybe before I lowered the Pstat some.
1stline
1stline
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Undisclosed
Grinder: Indisclosed
Vac Pot: Bodum Electric
Drip: None
Roaster: None
Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013, 9:52am
Subject: Re: La Nuova Era Cuadra E61 HX - $995!

Epson Said:

...pretty sure the signature is to agree with the "terms" which in a round about way is basically agreeing to a no return policy.

Doesn't really bother me because shipping alone is enough of a reason not to return something like this.  Its got a decent warrenty so really the only reason would be remorse and well u just need to make sure you want to buy it.  Overall based on specs u have a fairly good idea what your getting.  I mean honestly i don't like this either, i too am used to orders just going through, but its a good deal and worth the trouble to me....

Posted December 13, 2011 link

I am commenting on this post as someone called today about our policies as mentioned in this thread.

Up until last year, we asked customers to sign our terms and conditions of sale for non-home equipment because this was a good business practice to inform the customer of a no return policy on certain machines - instead of burying the no return policy similarly found on many other web sites in the fine print. Before we required a signature, there were a number of customers who agreed to, but never read our policies.

We could have easily increased the price to compensate for the returns for those who wanted to use the machine for a weekend party and return it on a Monday (which has happened on many occasions prior to our no return policy) or for those who simply realized later they just did not want to learn to make espresso.

Starting this year, we actually took the recommendation of one of the members posting in this thread to change our policy. The suggestion was to incorporate a restocking fee for returns on commercial equipment. In addition, we have properly followed credit card bank protocols for customers to review and agree to the terms and conditions online. Therefore, a signature is no longer required.

Sincerely,
Jim Piccinich
Business Partner
1st-line Equipment, LLC
www.1st-line.com

Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/1stline
Twitter: http://twitter.com/1stline
Blog: http://1st-line.blogspot.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/1stlineespresso
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
hirschaj
hirschaj

Espresso: Cuadra II
Grinder: i-Mini
Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013, 1:20pm

Sounds like a much better policy. I bought my Cuadra II from 1st-Line and have been really happy with both the machine and post-sale service.
MDiddy

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013, 1:40pm

hirschaj Said:

Sounds like a much better policy. I bought my Cuadra II from 1st-Line and have been really happy with both the machine and post-sale service.

Posted January 31, 2013 link

Same with me.  The machine has been perfect the past few days.  Not sure what changed, but it now gets up to temp and stays there.  

Jim gave me a call on Monday and we discussed some things to try to fix the temp issue, but since that day, there's been no problems.  

We had an informative (for me at least) conversation about the machine and HX's in general, as well as some care and maintenance discussion.  

1st Line has been top notch the whole way through, from purchase to post sale support.  

No complaints from me!
showing page 77 of 130 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > La Nuova Era...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.457432985306)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+