Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Alex Duetto Owners Thread
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Alex Duetto...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 4 of 21 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
germantownrob
germantownrob
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Duetto 3, A Dead Oscar
Grinder: Vario-W, Preciso w/Esatto,...
Drip: Brazen
Roaster: Diedrich IR-1, HT B
Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013, 5:45pm
Subject: Re: Alex Duetto 3.0 on its way to me

jwoodyu Said:

Rob must be off drinking all the coffee and eating all the doughnuts :0)

Posted January 14, 2013 link

Matter of fact that is exactly what I am doing, 12 her donuts are still darn good. Pre heating the roaster for a rare 2lb only session, other wise I will be out of beans at this rate.

Ok so a warming flush if idle for awhile, seems to easy, might have to learn to do it with my toes just to make it a bit harder.

So I have proven to myself twice that the Caution Hot sticker does not prevent anyone from burning themselves. First thing my wife did upon seeing it for the first time is run her hand over the E-61 group as I yell "NO", she was safe and the kids stopped whatever mischief they where up to for a moment or two. Sticker removed.
 View Profile Link to this post
cuznvin

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013, 7:36pm

germantownrob Said:

John heads up was good even with the big warning at the top of the box. Those two 10mm hex nuts are a bit of a pain to get a wrench on and would be super easy to drop one retreading it but all went without a hitch. Machine is heating up now. I am so looking forward to an espresso, once I get some good pours with some old beans I will hopefully be able to pull a shot, it will be my first of the new year.

I will most likely need some Advil tonight from moving the box into the house.

Sipping a cap and I am in heaven. I guess I do like shiny things, all that chrome I have blacked out in my life. Warning stickers do not do anything to keep from burning yourself, it might as well read "touch here, you won't do it again". So quiet, my grinder is the loudest now and the Vario is not that loud.

Why isnt this "hose" hooked up already?
germantownrob
germantownrob

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013, 7:46pm

cuznvin Said:

Why isnt this "hose" hooked up already?

Apparently road vibration was vibrating the nut loose on delivery but it could still look connected, it appeared to me it was deliberately moved to the side so there was no question of what has to be connected.
cuznvin

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013, 7:54pm

germantownrob Said:

Apparently road vibration was vibrating the nut loose on delivery but it could still look connected, it appeared to me it was deliberately moved to the side so there was no question of what has to be connected.

Thanks. Seems weird that they couldn't tighten it enough so it doesnt loosen...
germantownrob
germantownrob

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013, 9:52pm

Filling the reservoir is going to get old quick, it needs a beer bong setup for the time being but I am going to plumb it in soon. My filtered water is 4-5 grains of hardness so my tap should be around this, is the water softening and filtration system from Chris' the one to go with? How do you hook the drain line up to the dishwasher drain line? I guess I will pull the dishwasher after taking the kids to school.
Iluvdabean
Iluvdabean

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra/Gaggia...
Grinder: Baratza Preciso/K-A Pro...
Drip: Bonavita BV 1800 TH
Roaster: Nesco 1010/Behmor 1600
Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013, 11:15pm

Enjoy it and think twice about freezing beans!

Click Here (drinks.seriouseats.com)

germantownrob Said:

Delivery expected today, I hope I got the gentle gorillas at UPS.

Oops, thought I had a bunch of beans in the freezer for espresso, nope, just two pints. Time to get roasting.

Edit: Mary wasn't joking that they where low on stock, CC is out of the Duetto 3 and taking pre orders for the next shipment.

View Profile Contact via ICQ Link to this post
germantownrob
germantownrob

Posted Tue Jan 15, 2013, 5:04am

Iluvdabean Said:

Enjoy it and think twice about freezing beans!

Click Here (drinks.seriouseats.com)

Thanks!

I have posted more details for tests on freezing then Miss Erin and what has been tested at HB and written about is far better study then a one off experiment with no details (i believe she did it twice since the first time had less details). I have been freezing for five years in a deep freezer, I will stick with my methods for long term storage of my roasts.

This discussion belongs in one of the hundreds of threads that go nowhere. I mean no offense just watched this discussion go down hill to many times taking a thread way off subject.
emradguy
emradguy
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Duetto II; Twist v2
Grinder: M Major, Macap M4 x2, VDD...
Drip: Espro presses; Aeropress
Roaster: H-B "List of Favorites"
Posted Tue Jan 15, 2013, 5:51am

I was going to mention a beer bong, but didn't know if you knew what they are (since I don't know you all that well). Yeah, reservoir filling gets very old, very soon!

Also, I think Mary said the vibrations might break that line if it's attached during shipping.

Always remember the most important thing is what ends up in your cup!
germantownrob
germantownrob

Posted Tue Jan 15, 2013, 7:24am

steven_meyer Said:

I got mine last Friday, but I screwed up and didn't order the 15 amp converter cord. UPS says I will get it this Friday!

I missed this post. I called Chris' thinking they forgot to send me the converter cord since I never actually ordered it just said I wanted it set up as 15amp, very kindly they had me search the second box and sure enough under all the peanuts there it was.

emradguy Said:

I was going to mention a beer bong, but didn't know if you knew what they are (since I don't know you all that well). Yeah, reservoir filling gets very old, very soon!

Also, I think Mary said the vibrations might break that line if it's attached during shipping.

Posted January 15, 2013 link

It has been over 25 years since I did a beer bong but the memory of beer foam coming out of my nose will never fade away.
germantownrob
germantownrob

Posted Tue Jan 15, 2013, 8:24am

I have to hook the drain up to the drip tray even if I have to take straight down to a bucket in the basement. The accumulation of brown debris filled water drives me crazy not to mention that a steam wand purge into a tray more then 1/2 filled will send dirty water every where. I would prefer the drip tray gave more head room to the group and was 2 inches deeper but hooking up the drain will at least take care of my OCD and a naked will help with head room.
showing page 4 of 21 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Alex Duetto...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.534544944763)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+