Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Alex Duetto Owners Thread
Great Espresso at Home
Curated selection of the best machines from La Spaziale, Izzo, Quick Mill, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Alex Duetto...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 14 of 21 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
jwoodyu
jwoodyu
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Allex Duetto II
Grinder: Mazzer Major
Posted Sun Feb 3, 2013, 11:52am
Subject: Re: Alex Duetto 3.0 on its way to me (arrived)

So stock gasket is 8.5MM which allows the stock PF to rotate to TDC before locking in were a bottomless Rancillio never makes it to TDC. If you switch to an 8MM your stock PF will rotate past TDC before locking in and the Rancillio make it to TDC exactly before locking in.  

I run 8MM VST baskets, generally my does after tamping is just below that  line inside the basket and I don't feel like I am crowding the screen.

For what ever that info is worth, you say tomatto I say Solanum lycopersicum :)

Yes i have a reason for leaving SCG off my list, yes it is my opinion, yes it is subjective as opinions are by definition, no don't start a flame war because you disagree.
 View Profile Link to this post
IMAWriter
IMAWriter

Espresso: Bezzera Strega
Grinder: Forte, OE Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Adcraft SS, Yama 8 cup
Drip: Brazen, Kalita, Chemex,...
Roaster: Behmor 1600+, CO/UFO combo
Posted Sun Feb 3, 2013, 12:47pm
Subject: Re: Alex Duetto 3.0 on its way to me

germantownrob Said:

Thanks!

I have posted more details for tests on freezing then Miss Erin and what has been tested at HB and written about is far better study then a one off experiment with no details (i believe she did it twice since the first time had less details). I have been freezing for five years in a deep freezer, I will stick with my methods for long term storage of my roasts.

This discussion belongs in one of the hundreds of threads that go nowhere. I mean no offense just watched this discussion go down hill to many times taking a thread way off subject.

Posted January 15, 2013 link

+1 to you regarding freezing. I will check now and then for OT posting.
NO MORE freezing discussions on THIS HERE thread!!! :>D

As regards plumbing in, I too have a spousal unit who would kick me out if I attempted to bore through her precious Corian.
Doesn't matter she voraciously gulps my coffee like it's going out of style.

EDIT...whoops, didn't realize there was about 9 more pages after the post I quoted above....haha.

Rob J (LMWDP #187)
My Music Production web site:
www.robertjason.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
IMAWriter
IMAWriter

Espresso: Bezzera Strega
Grinder: Forte, OE Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Adcraft SS, Yama 8 cup
Drip: Brazen, Kalita, Chemex,...
Roaster: Behmor 1600+, CO/UFO combo
Posted Sun Feb 3, 2013, 1:02pm
Subject: Re: Alex Duetto 3.0 on its way to me

IMAWriter Said:

+1 to you regarding freezing. I will check now and then for OT posting.
NO MORE freezing discussions on THIS HERE thread!!! :>D

As regards plumbing in, I too have a spousal unit who would kick me out if I attempted to bore through her precious Corian.
Doesn't matter she voraciously gulps my coffee like it's going out of style.

EDIT...whoops, didn't realize there was about 9 more pages after the post I quoted above....haha.

Posted February 3, 2013 link

Looks like some here can't read.

Rob J (LMWDP #187)
My Music Production web site:
www.robertjason.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
germantownrob
germantownrob
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Duetto 3, A Dead Oscar
Grinder: Vario-W, Preciso w/Esatto,...
Drip: Brazen
Roaster: Diedrich IR-1, HT B
Posted Sun Feb 3, 2013, 1:10pm

That's  the sound, lol. That makes a lot of sense to me, I can not repeat it when I try, but it happens often enough. It does go away by the time the first drips begin. I hope to get my head wrapped around the plumb in order this week.

I have a Moutain of baskets and yes I have the 2 La Marzocco triple basket, but each measures very different from one to the other and require different grind settings from one to the other, both are from Chris'. The HQ ridged weighs 36.27g ( ID 58.65mm) while the La Marzoccos weigh 31.48g (ID 58.14mm) and 30.05g (ID 59.06mm). The HQ rlidgless triples are 30.14g (ID 58.82mm) and 30.11 ( 58..84mm) either basket can be used with no grinder change, I need to see if the ridged is the same but the ridged has straight sides while the ridge less have a taper on the bottom 1/3.
jwoodyu
jwoodyu

Posted Sun Feb 3, 2013, 2:07pm

Ok this must be running on the tank thing.  i blew through about pound of coffee trying to make my DII make a this sound with various baskets, PF, etc. I succeeded in making a giant mess and now everyone in the house is app amped up on caffeine even "his highness" the 4 lbs little red poodle. I am going to fell, cut and split a few cords of wood or something and until this wears off.

love this hobby

Yes i have a reason for leaving SCG off my list, yes it is my opinion, yes it is subjective as opinions are by definition, no don't start a flame war because you disagree.
germantownrob
germantownrob

Posted Sun Feb 3, 2013, 2:49pm

jwoodyu Said:

Ok this must be running on the tank thing.  i blew through about pound of coffee trying to make my DII make a this sound with various baskets, PF, etc. I succeeded in making a giant mess and now everyone in the house is app amped up on caffeine even "his highness" the 4 lbs little red poodle. I am going to fell, cut and split a few cords of wood or something and until this wears off.

love this hobby

Posted February 3, 2013 link

LOL.

Sure enough I was able to recreate the sound by lifting the fill tube out of the water to get an air in there, once the air pocket go past the pump no more noise.

So good to have an answer! Thanks Jeff!
CSME9
CSME9

Espresso: Bezzera Mitica Top, Spaz...
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky
Drip: Moka Pot
Roaster: BBQ Roaster
Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013, 11:02am

germantownrob: How is the machine working out, any regrets ?

WS
germantownrob
germantownrob

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013, 5:10pm

CSME9 Said:

germantownrob: How is the machine working out, any regrets ?

WS

Posted February 10, 2013 link

No regrets at all. Other then my first few issues and unidentified noises that are all worked out now nothing to report except ease of use.

The one thing that drives me crazy is the drip tray not being deep enough, the group ends just shy of where the drip tray ends. Doing a PF rinse is tricky not to get water all down the front and on the counter, doing a PF wiggle with a blind will always get water all down the front and on the counter. This is just a small annoyance but one solved pretty easy, the drip tray could be altered by a metal worker to give me 2more inches.

Everything else I have to say is all good stuff and I will get back to this when I have spent some more time with the Duetto.
cuznvin

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013, 5:28pm

germantownrob Said:

No regrets at all. Other then my first few issues and unidentified noises that are all worked out now nothing to report except ease of use.

The one thing that drives me crazy is the drip tray not being deep enough, the group ends just shy of where the drip tray ends. Doing a PF rinse is tricky not to get water all down the front and on the counter, doing a PF wiggle with a blind will always get water all down the front and on the counter. This is just a small annoyance but one solved pretty easy, the drip tray could be altered by a metal worker to give me 2more inches.

Everything else I have to say is all good stuff and I will get back to this when I have spent some more time with the Duetto.

Posted February 21, 2013 link

Does the small distance between the portafilter and drip try cause any problems when brewing into a cup?
jwoodyu
jwoodyu

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2013, 8:18pm

cuznvin Said:

Does the small distance between the portafilter and drip try cause any problems when brewing into a cup?

Posted February 21, 2013 link

Sorry for butting in but I can speak for the DII and it's not been an issue for me at all. 95 percent of what I make goes straight into 2oz  or  6oz cap cups no problem. More height would just mean more splashing. There is  always a shot glass on top for the occasional long black.

showing page 14 of 21 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Alex Duetto...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.506895065308)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+