Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Trying to Decide R58, Quickmill Qm7,  Breville DB
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Trying to Decide...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 41 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
cuznvin

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Fri Jan 11, 2013, 6:48pm
Subject: Re: Trying to Decide R58, Quickmill Qm7,  Breville DB

benpiff Said:

Whole Latte Love has exclusive distribution in the USA, that's the main reason Clive doesn't carry Expobar.

Posted January 11, 2013 link

Why wouldnt other retailers pick up the machine also? Clive, WLL, Seattle CG, 1st line and CC carry a lot of the same machines. Only one carries Expobar? it looks like a great machine but I'm leary that only one place sells it.
 View Profile Link to this post
cuznvin

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2013, 10:30am

Wonder if Expobar acquiring new owners will affect anything since the new owners produce items in Shanghai also

http://www.creminternational.com/info/?kat=37&id=442
Italo2275

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2013, 2:13pm

Have you decided on which you will go with?
I still am up in the air.
There are reasons in each why I would not buy them and why I would

Rocket r58
Cons
-Still new in the Market and the Price is high. The Pid I dont care cause you will set it one time and that is it, unless you want to play with the Temps. The Boiler is a bit small
Pros:
I like the Rotary Pump
Look and finish

Izzo3:
Cons: It is a big Machine and not sure I can fit it in my counter but Specs wise looks well built

Expobar iv
Cons I wish the rotary pump version had also the water tank inside, if it did I wouold buy it.

Quickmill DB: If it had Rotary Pump I would buy it.
cuznvin

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2013, 2:56pm

Italo2275 Said:

Rocket r58
Cons
-Still new in the Market and the Price is high. The Pid I dont care cause you will set it one time and that is it, unless you want to play with the Temps. The Boiler is a bit small
Pros:
I like the Rotary Pump
Look and finish

Izzo3:
Cons: It is a big Machine and not sure I can fit it in my counter but Specs wise looks well built

Expobar iv
Cons I wish the rotary pump version had also the water tank inside, if it did I wouold buy it.

Posted January 12, 2013 link

How about the Vivaldi Dream? Im considering that one. Larger steam boiler. Not crazy about the design.....but  . I really do like the Rocket Specs. Wish it wasnt so expensive though. No thrilled about the removable PID.
acasabia
acasabia
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Expobar Brewtus iv-p,...
Grinder: Quamar M80e, Hario slim
Vac Pot: Yama Vacpot, Aeropress,
Drip: french press
Roaster: hot-air popper.
Posted Sat Jan 12, 2013, 8:51pm

Italo2275 Said:

Wow thanks for the vry indepth details, I do have to say I like the Izzo 3 but the only thing that is preventing me from buying it is that it a very big machine and will not fit my counter.
I do like the Expobar but I do not het they do not make a Tank version of the Rotary Pump? Does not make sense.
I am still so Undecided I will start my Pos and Cons list.
By the way thanks for the Suggestions but I do not think thiose guy Deliver to Canada, and I rather find someone that is close and can get help from.

Thanks for the info.

They do not put the rotary pump on tank models because in the event you run the pump dry, it is more likely to be damaged and much more expensive to replace. Rotary pumps build much more friction inside the pumping unit and this will cause damage and wear with hard water or if dry. The only significant difference between a rotary and vibe pump is that the rotary will always produce the pressure you set it to, from beginning to end. A vibration pump has a short (<3sec) warm up to the OPV pressure, I consider this part of the pre-infusion. The sound of the two pumps is also different, and probably the only alluring aspect of owning a rotary model, though if you have a mazzer, the Expobar is quieter.

Anthony C

Currently pulling:
Path Coffee Roasters (PortChester, NY) Feather in cap espresso.

Cold Brewing:
Gimme! (ithaca, NY) Moca Java

http://coffeeandneuroscience.wordpress.com/
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
cuznvin

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2013, 8:58pm

acasabia Said:

They do not put the rotary pump on tank models because in the event you run the pump dry, it is more likely to be damaged and much more expensive to replace. Rotary pumps build much more friction inside the pumping unit and this will cause damage and wear with hard water or if dry. The only significant difference between a rotary and vibe pump is that the rotary will always produce the pressure you set it to, from beginning to end. A vibration pump has a short (<3sec) warm up to the OPV pressure, I consider this part of the pre-infusion. The sound of the two pumps is also different, and probably the only alluring aspect of owning a rotary model, though if you have a mazzer, the Expobar is quieter.

Sorry but they most certainly do put rotary pumps in tank models...Check Vibiemme Double Domo, Duetto II and III, Rocket R58
acasabia
acasabia

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2013, 8:58pm

cuznvin Said:

Why wouldnt other retailers pick up the machine also? Clive, WLL, Seattle CG, 1st line and CC carry a lot of the same machines. Only one carries Expobar? it looks like a great machine but I'm leary that only one place sells it.

I think what he meant was that Wholelattelove.com has an exclusive contract with crem-international. This makes sense, if you call and ask about the machine they will inform you that they have had some say in its design parameters and are well affiliated with the product.

Anthony C

Currently pulling:

Cold Brewing:

Italo2275

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2013, 10:16pm

No I meant in the Expobar, there is no rotary pump for tank model.
cuznvin

Posted Sun Jan 13, 2013, 3:03pm

I think I am liking the Duetto 3.0 now..
acasabia
acasabia

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013, 1:33pm

cuznvin Said:

Sorry but they most certainly do put rotary pumps in tank models...Check Vibiemme Double Domo, Duetto II and III, Rocket R58

I was referring to the Expobar line up, not machines in general. Obviously you can put whatever pump you like in a machine, it's essentially just a vessel for hot water. However, outside of commercial use it seems pointless to have a rotary pump. Aside from being quiet, the rotary pumps are expensive, usually with plastic fins that can be a real pain if you have hard water or let them run dry. Obviously these two situations can be avoided, but I just dont feel like the pumps alone can justify spending an additional grand on a machine.

Italo2275 Said:

Rocket r58
Cons
Pros:
I like the Rotary Pump
Look and finish

Izzo3:

Expobar iv

I was originally going to buy the rotary model myself, and just drop a line through my counter top into a 5gal water tank. I decided against this for mobility reasons, but it is a simple option.

That said, I was going to buy the Alexia duetto II myself when I bought my machine. It gets great reviews and looks like a well thought out machine. The new model looks fantastic as well. If you do go that route, Im sure you gathered from the forums here that you will not be disappointed. I decided against it myself because of price (the expobar was offered to me at $1800) and I didnt feel like I needed a rotary pump.

Anthony C

Currently pulling:

Cold Brewing:

showing page 3 of 41 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Trying to Decide...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.457493066788)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+