Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Gaggia Baby Twin troubles
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Gaggia Baby Twin...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 6 of 7 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
qu1nn
qu1nn
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Gaggia New Baby 06 Twin
Posted Mon Mar 4, 2013, 9:57am
Subject: Re: Gaggia Baby Twin troubles

I have not cracked it open yet.  
I am inherently lazy.... (its been working)...

One day the steam acted up..... I let it sit POWERED ON for a half an hour then I toggled between hot water and steam a few times .... then no problem...
I make about 3 cappos a day... everyday (or the wifee will spaz out! as she cannot stand timmy ho's chemical cappos anymore)  ;)

I have noticed my power button acting up... something new.

I will post back upon cracking it open....

Good luck!
qu1nn
 View Profile Link to this post
ElvisVoltare

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Mon Mar 11, 2013, 10:48am

Thanks,

Any insight would be very much appreciated.  I'm still making aeropress coffee...

EV
Makron

Posted Mon Mar 18, 2013, 3:26am

Hi!

This is my first topic here and as I can see there is a lot of help from forum members. I have a problem with my Baby Twin and I preferred not to open a new topic for this but to continue here.

When I start the Baby Twin in the morning, after a few minutes starts working without pushing any button on the touch-pad keyboard. I am wondering if someone had the same problem and what was the solution.
Thanks
ElvisVoltare

Posted Mon Mar 18, 2013, 7:17am

Yep,

I've had the same thing happen.  Unfortuantely (at least for me) it was intermittent and didn't happen every time. It did however, start happening around the same time when the other problems that I've described began. My guess is that it's something electrical - f you're not having any of the additional problems that I've described. But, that means it still could be a number of things: the key pad could be having issues; these are known to go bad (as you know they are pretty "touchy"; sometimes a close wave of the hand can start things), could be the CPU - which is also apparently known to go out in these, or it could be a sensor acting up that feeds back to the CPU.  Unfortuately, I'm not much help since I'm in a similar situation in terms of these problems with too many variables to diagnose. Hopefully someone else out there (maybe qu1nn?) may be able to help you (and me).

EV
Makron

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2013, 5:40am

The problem stopped the last 2 days. I hope will never come back. But I had this problem before some weeks until the buttons doesn't work any more and I fixed it changing the electronic  keypad. It was easy and the cost was low about $20. I just wondering if something else is the problem now.

Any way thank you for your reply.
Makron

Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 8:33am

Because the problem with touch-pad keyboard that started working without pushing any button continue from time to time, I asked Gaggia service.
They have seen this before and it was a faulty steam valve on top of the machine. Indeed, when I opened the top cover I saw a leak from this valve. The steam leak from there short the circuit on keyboard, and the result was the machine start and stops alone. I change the valve and that fix the problem. After 3 months there is not any more troubles with auto-starting without pushing a button.  :)
D4F

Espresso: Gaggia Classic PID
Grinder: Baratza Forte-AP
Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013, 9:57am

Makron Said:

Because the problem with touch-pad keyboard that started working without pushing any button continue from time to time, I asked Gaggia service.
They have seen this before and it was a faulty steam valve on top of the machine. Indeed, when I opened the top cover I saw a leak from this valve. The steam leak from there short the circuit on keyboard, and the result was the machine start and stops alone. I change the valve and that fix the problem. After 3 months there is not any more troubles with auto-starting without pushing a button.  :)

Posted June 19, 2013 link

Yet :)

Gaggia knows the answer because it is a problem.

D4F also at
http://www.gaggiausersgroup.com/
ElvisVoltare

Posted Fri Jun 21, 2013, 10:39pm

I'm guessing you're right.  But, it might be worth a try...
qu1nn
qu1nn

Posted Mon Sep 9, 2013, 1:47pm

hey all.
i have had the twin start up for no reason... but it went away ... maybe 3x since i have had it...

its been a good run, albiet i am back seeking assistance....on a morning where the wife was expecting a nice cappo....i was unable to provide, needless to say she went to tim hortons....and i was stuck drinking yuck work brew.

well here we go:
push the power on.  display leds flash on, then immediate the leds go off.
there is no response to keypresses (all wires are connected)

can turn on the steam and the pump will start up and work that function will work correctly.

Any suggestions?
Is there any tests at the main board that I can do with a multimeter to determine if it is the main board, a bad relay, the capacitive plate or the capacitive board?

I look toward your response.
qu1nn
qu1nn
qu1nn

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013, 3:21pm

Wasnt quite sure what it was so I purchased the main card (4332017030), the ribbon cable (4332062000), and the keyboard pcb (433202600).  
It was the keyboard pcb.
Back functioning, now I have some spare parts.

Man was work coffee and timmy ho's terrible ...  I must have become a cappo snob.

later
qu1nn
showing page 6 of 7 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Gaggia Baby Twin...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Don't suffer bad espresso
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, VBM, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.34982085228)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+